Spyderco Box- authentic Matriarch 2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Timbo399

Spyderco Box- authentic Matriarch 2?

Post by Timbo399 »

Hello, new member here. Been collecting folding knives for a few years and own around 8-9 Spydercos. I apologize as I know this topic has been discussed before from searching old posts-- it's just the OCD in me taking over. I will not be buying Spyderco knives off Amazon anymore-- but recently I purchased two-- a Spyderco Matriarch 2 and a Harpy.
For the Matriarch 2 I received, everything about the knife seems 100% authentic.
But the 2 boxes are different-- the Spyderco box my Harpy came in has the white/grey thick line going down the middle of the red and black Spyderco box with a pencil thin white line bordering that thick grey line-- this is the box I see on all Youtube videos displaying Spyderco knives. I attached a picture from a video that shows the box-- if you look at these Spyderco boxes you can see how there is a thin white line that outlines the grey down the middle of the box. And I have 5-6 old Spyderco boxes myself that contain this same white border line.

However, for the box the Matriarch 2 came in-- everything is exactly the same as the other boxes-- except for the fact that there is no pencil thin white border on the outside of the thick grey line as there is on my Harpy box and all my other Spyderco boxes.

Anybody else receive a box with no pencil thin white border outlining the grey line? it looks and feels like an authentic Matriarch 2-- I just read about counterfeits and the box got me nervous because I was looking for any imperfections.

Thanks in advance for helping to put my mind at ease and from now on no more Amazon-- I'll stick with reputable dealers-- and I look forward to actually contributing to this forum in the future. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_2762 2.jpg