Super happy with my New Mantra 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dreadpirate

Super happy with my New Mantra 2

Post by dreadpirate »

What an awesome knife! Very nice flipper right out of the box. And it's on sale to boot!! Best deal currently in my opinion.
fanglekai

Re: Super happy with my New Mantra 2

Post by fanglekai »

I ordered one of these as well. I didn't read the specs, so it was a bit smaller than I had imagined, but it's a really nice size for office carry. It has nice flipping action, the stonewash looks good, and I really like CPM-M4. It packs a lot of cutting edge length into a pretty small package.
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

For real. I love how much attention the Mantra 2 is getting lately because I’m really, really hoping for an updated version in the future. It was a great knife to begin with and would be even better with improved washers and maybe even a solid CF show side.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I'm sure a mantra 4 would have s30v and peel ply.. that being said I hope they do the bushing pivot and no recurve!
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

koenigsegg wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:07 pm
I'm sure a mantra 4 would have s30v and peel ply.. that being said I hope they do the bushing pivot and no recurve!
Stop you’re giving me anxiety -twitch-
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I really like my M2 however I've said before, an XL version in LC with washers would be fantastic. The extra blade mass would really improve the flipping action. This is a GREAT design, (thank you Eric) just needs to be larger. The M2 disappears in the pocket, the Ti is fantastic, and even a larger model would carry the finest. M2 is a deal at the closeout prices.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Tdog wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:04 am
I really like my M2 however I've said before, an XL version in LC with washers would be fantastic. The extra blade mass would really improve the flipping action. This is a GREAT design, the blade profile is a classic (thank you Eric) just needs to be larger. The M2 disappears in the pocket, the Ti is fantastic, and even a larger model would carry the finest. M2 is a deal at the closeout prices.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

So the picture of the M2 might lead you to believe it's a bigger knife. Even so, I think the M2 is a good (even optimal) size for pocket carry. The handle length is about the same as a Delica, but the blade more slender and a bit longer. More of a slicer for sure. I love the looks of a titanium stone washed handle. I am a fan of the RIL design.

Oh - and the flipper action right out of the box is perfect; no break in required. I think Spyderco got it right.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

So underrated - great blade shape (not a fan of the mantra 3) - hope it comes back in a different form