Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
bbturbodad
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby bbturbodad » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:10 am

abbazaba wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:44 am
Anyone have a picture of a McBee next to a Spyderco Dog tag?
Here ya go...
Image
Image
-Turbo

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby abbazaba » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:13 am

Perfect, thank you!

User avatar
bbturbodad
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby bbturbodad » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:16 am

mb1 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:35 am
Gangsta! ;)
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:51 am
I have never thought to use hairbands in such a way... :)
Hairband gangsta :D
-Turbo

User avatar
ZrowsN1s
Member
Posts: 4884
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm
Location: San Diego, California USA

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby ZrowsN1s » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:24 am

It's all about the grip....

Grip the knife handle with your middle and ring finger, put your index finger on the notch on the spine of the blade, and understand how cool the McBee is :D
Carrying 3 knives is perfectly normal :D
-Matt

User avatar
bbturbodad
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby bbturbodad » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:40 am

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:13 am
Evil D wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:02 am
It BEE a little too small for MEE. I would like to see this same design in maybe a Chaparral sized version, exact same style overall just longer.
Hear, hear!

I handled this one at Blade a few years ago. It was a great little knife, but there was barely two fingers worth of grip.

Let's see an XL in the Chap size range, that would be great.
Maybe in an L size... XL would probably be too close to the Techno. I would like to see a true wharncliffe Techno though.

I played with it last night and find that in this grip it works like a stout razor blade. So when used for tasks that I'd usually choose a razor, especially when using just the tip, its actually quite comfortable in comparison.

Examples would be cutting the tape to open a package and cutting out shipping labels etc. Sure you can break down boxes with it but if its gonna be more than a couple I'm picking up a bigger knife.

Image
-Turbo

User avatar
bbturbodad
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby bbturbodad » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:41 am

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:24 am
It's all about the grip....

Grip the knife handle with your middle and ring finger, put your index finger on the notch on the spine of the blade, and understand how cool the McBee is :D
I type slowly...see my above post. :D
-Turbo

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby Sumdumguy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:59 pm

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:40 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:13 am
Evil D wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:02 am
It BEE a little too small for MEE. I would like to see this same design in maybe a Chaparral sized version, exact same style overall just longer.
Hear, hear!

I handled this one at Blade a few years ago. It was a great little knife, but there was barely two fingers worth of grip.

Let's see an XL in the Chap size range, that would be great.
Maybe in an L size... XL would probably be too close to the Techno. I would like to see a true wharncliffe Techno though.

I played with it last night and find that in this grip it works like a stout razor blade. So when used for tasks that I'd usually choose a razor, especially when using just the tip, its actually quite comfortable in comparison.

Examples would be cutting the tape to open a package and cutting out shipping labels etc. Sure you can break down boxes with it but if its gonna be more than a couple I'm picking up a bigger knife.

Image
My Jester fills the role of this knife. It would be slaughtered by the Jester for pocket time.

Stretch this one, in length only, out to the size of the Chap and it would be fantastic.

User avatar
RobDigi
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:18 am

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby RobDigi » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:27 pm

I like it the way it is.... the only thing I might've done different I would prefer a plain satin or acid washed
good size size pivot set in... on the show side,
and a small pivot screw on the lock side... more like the original killer bee.
I actually like the no jimping on the McBee better than the raw jimping on the killer bee.
and the clip meh idk it is a Spyderco!!

User avatar
ZrowsN1s
Member
Posts: 4884
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm
Location: San Diego, California USA

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby ZrowsN1s » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:13 pm

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:40 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:13 am
Evil D wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:02 am
It BEE a little too small for MEE. I would like to see this same design in maybe a Chaparral sized version, exact same style overall just longer.
Hear, hear!

I handled this one at Blade a few years ago. It was a great little knife, but there was barely two fingers worth of grip.

Let's see an XL in the Chap size range, that would be great.
Maybe in an L size... XL would probably be too close to the Techno. I would like to see a true wharncliffe Techno though.

I played with it last night and find that in this grip it works like a stout razor blade. So when used for tasks that I'd usually choose a razor, especially when using just the tip, its actually quite comfortable in comparison.

Examples would be cutting the tape to open a package and cutting out shipping labels etc. Sure you can break down boxes with it but if its gonna be more than a couple I'm picking up a bigger knife.

Image
😁👍
Carrying 3 knives is perfectly normal :D
-Matt

atv223
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby atv223 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:28 pm

I got my McBee today! Wow I really really love this little knife.

User avatar
bbturbodad
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Postby bbturbodad » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:58 pm

atv223 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:28 pm
I got my McBee today! Wow I really really love this little knife.
I'm really enjoying mine as well. I've carried it (if not as my primary at least as a companion) every day since receiving it and it's such a pleasure to use as a box opener. Having a true wharncliffe blade just the tip gets gunked up with tape glue so its a piece of cake to clean.

...and when it comes to build quality, I think this may be the best built Spyderco I own!
-Turbo


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Capt'n Boatsalot, Google [Bot], Hobnob and 21 guests