Tequila and Federales - Bryon Bass waxes nostalgic on the Endura in Overland Journal

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Tequila and Federales - Bryon Bass waxes nostalgic on the Endura in Overland Journal

Post by Mad Mac »

Expedition Portal reprinted an article from Overland Gear Guide selecting five Best of Breed pocket knives. The author had fond memories of an adventure with the Endura but related no personal experiences in reviews of the other four.
https://expeditionportal.com/straight-to-the-point/

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Cambertree

Re: Tequila and Federales - Bryon Bass waxes nostalgic on the Endura in Overland Journal

Post by Cambertree »

Cool article, thanks for sharing it, Mad Mac. :) :cool:
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: Tequila and Federales - Bryon Bass waxes nostalgic on the Endura in Overland Journal

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Wow what a title and look a poor ol pitiful thing trying hard to be a Spyderco. :)
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Dang. I might just have to pick up one of those CE Enduras to go along with my Delica.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
C99c

Post by C99c »

The Endura was my first Spyderco. I can relate to the article as it was once confiscated on the side of a Tennessee back road late one night by a well meaning deputy sheriff after I used it to to re-do the battery cables and fuel system on my friend's '70s model Suburban. To his credit, after later realizing his error, he went to great lengths to find me (pre internet days and he had only a vague recollection of my name), apologize and return my knife.

I don't carry an Endura everyday, but if you told me to choose one folder to carry and use until I die, it would definitely be the knife to beat in the competition.

I know a lot of folks who have spent years (and a lot of money) looking for their ideal knife only to end up with an Endura back in their pocket.
Support Knife Rights. https://kniferights.org/

Don't buy knives from EBAY or AMAZON. There are plenty of good companies that will appreciate your business and don't sell fakes.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

C99c wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:01 am
I know a lot of folks who have spent years (and a lot of money) looking for their ideal knife only to end up with an Endura back in their pocket.
Yeah, that was me. The endura/pacific salt spends the most time there. Though I’ve been on a military kick this month, I always go back. Love me them seki FRN lock backs.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006