Replacement washers for Chaparral?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BranCracker

Replacement washers for Chaparral?

Post by BranCracker »

Hi all. I'm trying to find details on the bronze washers used in Chaparral models. I had accidentally bent one of mine, but managed to flatten it back out as best as I could with any notable issues. That got me looking for replacement sources, just in case one ends up breaking or what have you.

I've looked at Knife Kits, but I have no idea which size to pick; no luck Googling details either. Does anyone happen to know this information?
Wartstein

Re: Replacement washers for Chaparral?

Post by Wartstein »

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I don't know where to get those washers, but wanted to bump your question. I am sure somebody else can help!

One thing you could always do is send the knife to Spyderco in case something should break.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
drgrendel

Post by drgrendel »

I have no means to get an accurate measurement for the washers. What size am I looking for?

thank you in advance for your time.
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

drgrendel wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:29 am
I have no means to get an accurate measurement for the washers. What size am I looking for?

I think your best bet is to email spyderco customer service and ask for washer dimensions.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

metaphoricalsimile wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:45 am
drgrendel wrote:

I think your best bet is to email spyderco customer service and ask for washer dimensions.
I doubt they'd provide information like that
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:47 pm
metaphoricalsimile wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:45 am
drgrendel wrote:

I doubt they'd provide information like that
Why? They're not losing any money when someone purchases their own replacement parts instead of sending the knife in for repair. In fact I would bet that they probably lose money on repairs, even when it's not a free warranty job.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I would worry more about counterfeiter moles than anything ^^ But I've always liked spy movies.

I can't really tell but it must be the thinnest washers i've ever had on a knife.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

BranCracker wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:53 pm
Hi all. I'm trying to find details on the bronze washers used in Chaparral models. I had accidentally bent one of mine, but managed to flatten it back out as best as I could with any notable issues. That got me looking for replacement sources, just in case one ends up breaking or what have you.

I've looked at Knife Kits, but I have no idea which size to pick; no luck Googling details either. Does anyone happen to know this information?
drgrendel wrote:

These are the measurements from my FRN Chaparral.
10mm/0.393" od
4.7mm/0.185" id
.08mm/0.003" thickness
drgrendel

Post by drgrendel »

Thank you for this information! It is greatly appreciated. I am hoping that I can get a bunch made by someone!