Sprint runs from Knives Plus?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elduderino04

Sprint runs from Knives Plus?

Post by elduderino04 »

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have experience ordering a sprint run from Knives Plus? I got in an order for the Shaman sprint, and am wondering if I can safely expect to receive it. I've been burned in the past by a retailer allowing more orders than they had stock and waiting days before admitting to it (Knife Outlet) and really don't want to risk missing out on this sprint. At the same time, I also don't want to try buying a second one from another retailer and possibly deprive another person of getting one if Knives Plus is honest with their order-taking.

Edit: (I should note I have no reason to be suspicious of Knives Plus, I've just never used them before).
blues

Re: Sprint runs from Knives Plus?

Post by blues »

Good to go. I got a PM2 Maxamet from them not too long ago.
- Retired from the chase -
elduderino04

Post by elduderino04 »

Awesome, thanks! Looks like I can stop feverishly reloading tabs of other stores :-)
blues

Post by blues »

:cool:
- Retired from the chase -
Chumango

Post by Chumango »

I got a Rex 45 Para 3 from them no problems.
Foundry81

Post by Foundry81 »

I got a rex 45 pm2 from them, no issues.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I agree, have no worries dealing with KnivesPlus. I've used them 3 times and once for a sprint with no issues.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

In my opinion Knives Plus is a totally stand up company and a credit to Spyderco as a retailer, I have ordered from them many times. A very solid company that does not play games, was very impressed today reading that if you try to order two Shaman's in Cruwear they will cancel the whole order.

I like that they are trying to make sure people get what they like and want instead of just being greedy ordering a limited stock from Spyderco and creating a dog fight to get one.

Gotta give it up to them way to go Knives Plus.

There are others who could learn from them... Looking at you DLT love you guys also have purchased more from you than anyone else but you seriously need to order more stock from Spyderco when it comes to sprints, the PM2 in DLC & 20CV was a total sellout / disaster for your customer base and so is the Cruwear Shaman with all ya'all. Someone is asleep at the wheel there.

Had I not already got the Smock yes from DLT (see no hard feelings) I would have purchased the Shaman from Knives Plus but I see the Smock as a very unique design with an incredible implementation of the Compression lock that I have wished over the last year or so I had pulled the trigger on. Also bang shot in the wallet lately buying sharpening supplies, Groann I must stop visiting this site. :)
elduderino04

Post by elduderino04 »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:30 pm
I see the Smock as a very unique design with an incredible implementation of the Compression lock that I have wished over the last year or so I had pulled the trigger on.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Also, I absolutely agree with the above. I was fortunate to get a smock from the first batch, you won't be disappointed. It takes the compression lock to an entirely new level. Especially as a lefty with fairly big fingers, this version of the compression lock is perfection. I hope beyond hope that this becomes the standard lock for spydercos (even with the necessary cut out of the blade). The lock is the highlight for me, but it should also be noted that Spyderco nailed the detent on this as well, and it carries extraordinarily well (slim in the pocket, unobtrusive flipper, etc). All around, one of my favorite knives from the last several years.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

elduderino04 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:41 pm
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:30 pm
I see the Smock as a very unique design with an incredible implementation of the Compression lock that I have wished over the last year or so I had pulled the trigger on.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Also, I absolutely agree with the above. I was fortunate to get a smock from the first batch, you won't be disappointed. It takes the compression lock to an entirely new level. Especially as a lefty with fairly big fingers, this version of the compression lock is perfection. I hope beyond hope that this becomes the standard lock for spydercos (even with the necessary cut out of the blade). The lock is the highlight for me, but it should also be noted that Spyderco nailed the detent on this as well, and it carries extraordinarily well (slim in the pocket, unobtrusive flipper, etc). All around, one of my favorite knives from the last several years.
Yes to all this. The Smock is one of my all-time favorite knives.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
elduderino04

Post by elduderino04 »

BTW, just got a shipping notice from Knives Plus this morning. I'll definitely be purchasing from them again.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I've only ordered From them a couple of times, but I stop in every time I drive through Amarillo, and I seldom get out for free. The owner told me he's been a Spyderco dealer since Sal was answering the phone himself. Good people.