Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rivy

Re: Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Post by rivy »

Apologies about the mistake I made regarding the Paysan bundle- to all of you and BHQ. I HAVE seen BHQ mess with pricing quite a lot and even on other bundles but I must have looked at the wrong one there.

I guess I got caught in a grumpy moment there - however, BHQ tends to have the slowest shipping around, they were the FIRST to start charging tax online (yes I know this is a legal thing, but plenty of retailers have held out), and they offer no loyalty rewards like many of the other large online retailers do... so they are my least favorite place to buy knives. They're good at social media and offer lots of exclusives so it's hard to avoid them entirely.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

rivy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:17 pm
Apologies about the mistake I made regarding the Paysan bundle- to all of you and BHQ. I HAVE seen BHQ mess with pricing quite a lot and even on other bundles but I must have looked at the wrong one there.

I guess I got caught in a grumpy moment there - however, BHQ tends to have the slowest shipping around, they were the FIRST to start charging tax online (yes I know this is a legal thing, but plenty of retailers have held out), and they offer no loyalty rewards like many of the other large online retailers do... so they are my least favorite place to buy knives. They're good at social media and offer lots of exclusives so it's hard to avoid them entirely.
I agree that BHQ needs to have a loyalty program.

But their shipping on normal (not crazy crash-the-server exclusives) has always been very fast for me.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'd rather a retailer offer lower prices than a rewards program. I avoid signing up for stuff like that, whether shopping online or in person.
:unicorn
rivy

Post by rivy »

Vivi wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:24 pm
I'd rather a retailer offer lower prices than a rewards program. I avoid signing up for stuff like that, whether shopping online or in person.
Well so far KC has given me $150 in gift cards so I’m pretty **** happy with them. I’m in CA and they consistently get me my orders within a couple days where BHQ in Utah takes that long just to generate tracking/have the label scanned.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I think bhq has hands down the best website setup. Especially their search function. You can narrow down by country, steel, blade shape, handle material, weight, price, and the list goes on. Whenever Im looking for a specific kind of knife I go right to their website. Also the salt lake salt series video was pretty cool. A rewards program would be nice but if they keep doing spyderco bundles I feel like that is also a really great deal.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I have opinions on BHQ as well.. But I will not share them here.

I don't think we're anywhere near there yet, but we should probably all take a beat and stop to remember why "Crazy Good Deals" part one was shutdown..

RIP "Crazy Good Deals" part one.. long live "Crazy Good Deals Part 2!" :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Vivi wrote:
They can't. They have to follow MAP, and for a lot of reasons (most of them beginning with A and ending with Z) that's a good idea. Which means they need other ways to differentiate themselves.
Monty

Post by Monty »

off topic, self deleted. :D
Last edited by Monty on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

rivy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:34 pm
Vivi wrote:
Well so far KC has given me $150 in gift cards so I’m pretty **** happy with them. I’m in CA and they consistently get me my orders within a couple days where BHQ in Utah takes that long just to generate tracking/have the label scanned.
I actually crunched the numbers on the various loyalty programs and DLT seems to be the best for non-exclusives. Since most of my purchases these days are exclusives, though, I have a fair number of different points in different places. I recently used the KC points to pick up a Dragonfly 2 in ZDP as a gift for one of my guys.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Good grief folks, you’re going to get this thread shut down to. Take it to Off Topic! Save this thread for actual deals folks want to know about!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:15 pm
Good grief folks, you’re going to get this thread shut down to. Take it to Off Topic! Save this thread for actual deals folks want to know about!
What bothers me about the previous, epic, iconic thread...is the guy that stirred things up and really got it off the rails and locked, was a newer member who doesn't even frequent the forum like many of us do :o
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

KnivesPlus still has quite a few discontinued models for sale. Not great prices, but very tough to find models if there's something specific you may be looking for.

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
PStone

Post by PStone »

Free shipping at knivesplus on all spyderco knifes until noon tomorrow. No minimum.
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:41 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:15 pm
What bothers me about the previous, epic, iconic thread...is the guy that stirred things up and really got it off the rails and locked, was a newer member who doesn't even frequent the forum like many of us do :o
Gosh yeah that dude should really be on here more

😉
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Be proud, sure seems like you are. :rolleyes:

-Rick
crow2071

Post by crow2071 »

Deleted
Last edited by crow2071 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

Honestly guys I get why that was obnoxious to a lot of you. I don’t regret it, although I won’t do it again bc I don’t feel it would be worth it and I already made my point. But for what it’s worth a well-respected and established member of this community messaged me privately that they agreed and supported me 100%, and if you actually pay attention you’ll see I participate and contribute to the forum pretty regularly. So if we could all get along and enjoy discussing knives we love, that’d be great. I’m a troll in many contexts, but not here.
😊

If you guys do wanna talk about me, maybe you should start a new thread and do it there instead of derailing this one... just a little something I learned a while back.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Peace, friends! After all, it's nearly Christmas. :)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

None of this would've ever happened if eBay would post more coupons!!! I miss those so much :(
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb