Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Burton Knut

Re: Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Post by Burton Knut »

Dazen wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:46 am
Knives plus put a bunch more disco’d models up for sale in the Boss’s Collection. Some gems in there!

https://www.knivesplus.com/discontinued ... ction.html
Not the best prices on some models but no doubt there are some gems. The SE Temperance will be headed my way this week!! Thanks!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Burton Knut wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:06 am
Dazen wrote:
Knives plus put a bunch more disco’d models up for sale in the Boss’s Collection. Some gems in there!

Not the best prices on some models but no doubt there are some gems. The SE Temperance will be headed my way this week!! Thanks!
That's where I got my small Persian from. Some are definitely worth paying a premium for. That Jigged Bone Delica is tempting but I'm trying (with little success) to spend less on knives. So I'm going to pretend I didn't see this haha
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Matus

Post by Matus »

… not sure whether I would categorize those prices as ‘deals’ though …
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

Matus wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:12 pm
… not sure whether I would categorize those prices as ‘deals’ though …
LOL, I thought the exact same thing. :D
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Some of those prices are right around what they fetch at ebay, but most are at or above MSRP, so a bit eich for my blood.

I could have sworn I saw an Introvert at closer to retail recently but don't rember wjere. Was considering a backup. Super cool design if you can appreciate the Swick, Spot, or Perrin finger hole.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

defenestrate wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:55 pm
Some of those prices are right around what they fetch at ebay, but most are at or above MSRP, so a bit eich for my blood.

I could have sworn I saw an Introvert at closer to retail recently but don't rember wjere. Was considering a backup. Super cool design if you can appreciate the Swick, Spot, or Perrin finger hole.
If you remember where, let me know please!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
CPM-Greg

Post by CPM-Greg »

Burton Knut wrote:
Dazen wrote:

No international sales. :worried

CPM-Greg
Thinking about which Taichung blade to get next.......
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Maybe not totally crazy, just a little neurotic or confused ;)
But with all the interest in the GITD Joker, you may want a GITD Delica to go with it. There are some on eBay for $90 shipped now.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Not for me (just did a test checkout), but for those interested in getting a Viele Phoenix Sprint but don't want to pay full price, White Mountain Knives has these at 20% off. Code SALE20 at checkout.

They also have the SE LC200N Salt 2 also at 20 % off.

8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I got my Phoenix for 20% off in March. Will check out WMK, they've had a lot of good sales since spring or so.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

That's $92.96 at WMK for the Green SE LC200N Salt 2 with SALE20 coupon.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:53 pm
Burton Knut wrote:
Dazen wrote:

That's where I got my small Persian from. Some are definitely worth paying a premium for. That Jigged Bone Delica is tempting but I'm trying (with little success) to spend less on knives. So I'm going to pretend I didn't see this haha
There really are some gems there. I would have got the Super Blue Caly 3.5 if it'd been $100 cheaper, and the D'Allara SE was possible at $175.
'
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

That Phoenix is on sale at CutleryShoppe as well 250
jdw

Post by jdw »

DougC-3 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:55 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Burton Knut wrote:
Dazen wrote:

There really are some gems there. I would have got the Super Blue Caly 3.5 if it'd been $100 cheaper, and the D'Allara SE was possible at $175.
'

I ended up with the SB Caly 3.5. I definitely over-paid for simple carbon steel but it's getting to the point that some of these models won't be around for any price.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

jdw wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:41 am
DougC-3 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Burton Knut wrote:

'

I ended up with the SB Caly 3.5. I definitely over-paid for simple carbon steel but it's getting to the point that some of these models won't be around for any price.
You're not alone! I paid a hefty premium for mine too. It's the smoothest backlock I own though, and 3.5" of Super Blue makes a fantastic blade. Plus you get full steel liners with G-10, unusual for a Japanese Spyderco.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Found this message in my fortune cookie; made me think of this forum and this thread:

"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist".

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

jdw wrote:

What is this, "Old Caly Week" or something? A forumite here just sold me his HAP40 Caly. Yeah, it cost more than when new, but...I missed the original offering, and "the heart wants what it wants." Congrats on your fantastic SuperBlue 3.5! What a great knife.
bjz

Post by bjz »

So, I gave the Dack Outdoor site a shot in order to get an SE ladybug in my bike pack and a dragonfly salt in my ski pack. They just happened to have the wharncliffe df2 and para 3 lw! Everything arrived in one package in a week. Two odd things. The df2 salt was PE rather than the SE that the sku would suggest, but I ask and knew that going into it (the price was too good to care). Then, they all came with a ton of oil on the blades and pivot! Unlike anything I’ve seen from a spyderco or Byrd…curious.

In any case, the package has been open for all of 90 minutes and I already know that df2 wharnie and para 3 lw would have saved me a lot of cash in the last couple years searching for the right carry for me. Sheesh. That wharncliffe is SCARY slicey!!!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

jdw wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Burton Knut wrote:

'

The SB Caly 3.5 would have been a great mate for my SB Caly 3, but it's been getting by OK with my ZDP-189 CF 3.5 :-)
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Still don't have a Caly though I got my first Stretch recently (clad HAP40 Stretch II), great design. One of the best feeling FRN knives I've ever held, just geat blade shape.

I've long thought of getting a ZDP-189 Caly or Stretch, guess I'll focus on the Caly unless I see a surprising deal.