Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
abiggs

Re: Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Post by abiggs »

Just put an order in with some KILLER deals! 🤞
bruce91748

Post by bruce91748 »

Sorry if my question has been answered in an earlier post, just too many pages to go back to scan for Tacticalkniveshop.com's reputation. They have really good prices and I check their contact address which turned out to be in a residential area so these people can't be legit.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

bruce91748 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Sorry if my question has been answered in an earlier post, just too many pages to go back to scan for Tacticalkniveshop.com's reputation. They have really good prices and I check their contact address which turned out to be in a residential area so these people can't be legit.
Scam website. Do not buy from them. There are a number of red flags, one is that they have a nearly identical selection to the website you asked about yesterday.

Also, just a friendly reminder that this thread is primarily used for listing "crazy deals" on Spyderco knives. Though sometimes slow, utilizing the forums search function can be more efficient than scanning through pages of content.

:spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
araneae

Post by araneae »

bruce91748 wrote:
Hey Bruce. Using the forum search function (upper right corner) will save you a lot of time. If you have a question about a dealer, search first, then start a new thread if you don't find results. Asking about a dealers reputation in the dedicated deals thread makes it harder to get an answer.

Also, Spyderco has MAP pricing so crazy deals are often the first sign its a scam site. This thread is a good place to find those rare legit deals. There are lots of great, reliable dealers that you can support rather than searching out something that is most likely too good to be true. I'd suggest: DLtrading, New Graham, Knife Joy, Knifecenter, blade hq, knifeworks, riversedge as a good starting place.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
bruce91748

Post by bruce91748 »

araneae wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:07 pm
bruce91748 wrote:
Hey Bruce. Using the forum search function (upper right corner) will save you a lot of time. If you have a question about a dealer, search first, then start a new thread if you don't find results. Asking about a dealers reputation in the dedicated deals thread makes it harder to get an answer.

Also, Spyderco has MAP pricing so crazy deals are often the first sign its a scam site. This thread is a good place to find those rare legit deals. There are lots of great, reliable dealers that you can support rather than searching out something that is most likely too good to be true. I'd suggest: DLtrading, New Graham, Knife Joy, Knifecenter, blade hq, knifeworks, riversedge as a good starting place.
Thank you for the advise Nick, however I tried searching using their name but got errors coming back saying the words used are too common as in tactical and knives so after I wasn't able to search, I had to post to ask.
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

ekastanis wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:19 am
https://dackoutdoors.com/product-search ... t=spyderco

Many items below MAP. Free shipping on entire order with purchase of any Spyderco item, today only.
Ordered a Sharpmaker back in Late December.

Arrived today. Cant beat the $53 delivered price
vivi

Post by vivi »

Superflex wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:41 pm
ekastanis wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:19 am
https://dackoutdoors.com/product-search ... t=spyderco

Many items below MAP. Free shipping on entire order with purchase of any Spyderco item, today only.
Ordered a Sharpmaker back in Late December.

Arrived today. Cant beat the $53 delivered price
I may order myself another sharpmaker and a street beat at those prices. Wasn't sure if they were legit but if you vouch for them that gives me extra confidence.
:unicorn
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

vivi wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:54 pm

I may order myself another sharpmaker and a street beat at those prices. Wasn't sure if they were legit but if you vouch for them that gives me extra confidence.
Wow, Street Beat is $30 below MAP? I'd say it's worth a gamble paying with PayPal or credit card so you can dispute the transaction if it ends up being bogus. Looks like the retailer is legit though. Something to keep in mind in case I like the Street Beat you're sending me to try out...

They also have diamond and UF rods for Sharpmaker $5-10 below MAP. Might want to stock up.
LanM

Post by LanM »

TenGrainBread wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:49 am
vivi wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:54 pm

Wow, Street Beat is $30 below MAP? I'd say it's worth a gamble paying with PayPal or credit card so you can dispute the transaction if it ends up being bogus. Looks like the retailer is legit though. Something to keep in mind in case I like the Street Beat you're sending me to try out...

They also have diamond and UF rods for Sharpmaker $5-10 below MAP. Might want to stock up.
Best price I've seen on the rods now that RS seems to have upped its prices by 3-5% on Bigdaddy. It looks like DAK is now better priced on a lot of Spyderco stuff than Bigdaddy since Jan 2nd when all the RS stock on Bigdaddy underwent a price increase.
Last edited by LanM on Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I'm giving Dack Outdoors a try. I'll update when I have (or don't) the items.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
vivi

Post by vivi »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:20 am
I'm giving Dack Outdoors a try. I'll update when I have (or don't) the items.
I may place an order tonight, just got a little bonus.
:unicorn
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

The Caribbean for $141 shipped just got Dack another order from me.
Wish they had a Spydiechef
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

Sierra has the proficient, Gayle Bradley bowie, and chinook if it is a deal its up to you.
LanM

Post by LanM »

Superflex wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:41 pm
That’s the best deal going presently. I’ve bought 3 the past 3 weeks. Price was slightly better on Bigdaddy until the price increase. Paid $137 shipped for the 1st two. Price went up $6 which now makes Dak the better deal, and no membership fee.
Attachments
F990DB56-49B6-4F10-8AE0-89D7A088FC2F.png
bruce91748

Post by bruce91748 »

LanM wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:00 pm
Superflex wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:41 pm
That’s the best deal going presently. I’ve bought 3 the past 3 weeks. Price was slightly better on Bigdaddy until the price increase. Paid $137 shipped for the 1st two. Price went up $6 which now makes Dak the better deal, and no membership fee.
How's BigDaddy's selection? Do they have any other models that have better steel than VG10?
LanM

Post by LanM »

[quote=bruce91748
How's BigDaddy's selection? Do they have any other models that have better steel than VG10?
[/quote]

Not great, I'm assuming that DAK outdoors shares the same inventory for some options as they show the same quantity in stock as BigDaddy. Bigdaddy seems to have between 65-85 spyderco items in stock, its fluctuated a bit. Worth the $1 trial membership. They have different suppliers within their inventory, as some stock numbers end in BDU (naturally for BigDaddyUnlimited), and some end in RS2 (price increase since Jan 2nd), and CSS, and 1 other I've seen.

Right now they have:
Bradley for $232,
Roc G10 $143
Parata $143
Caribbean PE leaf $136
PM2 black G10 S30V $112
police stianless 109
native 5 FRN s110v $106 (was $100 flat until Jan 2nd)
Street for $84
bunch of enduras and delicas for around $62-70.
Dragonfly 2 for $50, the salt for $53
(I picked up the dragonfly salt and a sharpmaker for $128 shipped.
They do charge shipping, but for most stuff they're the 2nd best pricing to Dak I've seen.
I've bought 9 pieces the past 3 weeks, made darn good use of the trial. They did have s110V manix 2 for $123, and a couple other but OOS now.

For other than Spydie stock-- Not much BM, usually 0. But..picked up a Hogue Deka 20Cv for $100. **** of a lot of knife for $100. The price/quality/materials ratio on that piece is darn impressive and really has me second guessing some of my other purchases.
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Wow, a Hogue Deka and a Sharpmaker for $150...

Someone give me the willpower to wait until my wife calms down.
LanM

Post by LanM »

Rp5 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:23 pm
Wow, a Hogue Deka and a Sharpmaker for $150...

Someone give me the willpower to wait until my wife calms down.
I guess to be fair it would now be $155 from BDU (Sharpmaker went up $4 Jan 2nd making DAK cheaper) and $8 shipping I think. Fairly certain no tax outside of Florida (No tax to NY state for sure). Not sure if DAK charges tax. Once I got the Hogue in hand I ordered a 2nd one. Like the Caribbean, I felt like both of these were a whole lot of knife for the price.

As far as the wife, its better to ask forgiveness than permission right-ha
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Yeah I was quoting the prices at Dack
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

The Bradley Bowie, Proficient and Chinook 4 prices seem either steep or uninspiring on Sierra's site but the Aqua Salt is at half of MSRP, which is pretty good IMO.

Guess I'll try Dack now that I see more good reports about them.