Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Post by TkoK83Spy »

My SE Delica showed up today from Schuyler Arms. The Wharnie isn't as much of a pocket hog as I though it may be. Takes up less space than a Manix. Pretty cool little knife, well worth $52!!

Doing some trimming on the landscaping tomorrow, will test it out then. Has a nice portion of PE too.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

STP has some blue stepped Chaparrals On close out for $229.99.

https://www.sierra.com/spyderco-chaparr ... -prod842AG
Think for yourself
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:30 pm
My SE Delica showed up today from Schuyler Arms. The Wharnie isn't as much of a pocket hog as I though it may be. Takes up less space than a Manix. Pretty cool little knife, well worth $52!!

Doing some trimming on the landscaping tomorrow, will test it out then. Has a nice portion of PE too.
I just checked tracking and mine should be here this afternoon too. Stoked to finally tryout SE FFG!
-Turbo
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Candyman wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:08 pm
STP has some blue stepped Chaparrals On close out for $229.99.

https://www.sierra.com/spyderco-chaparr ... -prod842AG
Another version of this is $200 at Knifecenter
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP152S ... um-handles
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Got my SE wharnie delica in the mail yesterday. Nice knofe - light enough to keep on my sitting around the house shorts, and the blade looks pretty substantial given the size of the Delica. It's a great intro to SE blades to those who aren't ready to go full hawkbill ;)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

defenestrate wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:36 pm
Got my SE wharnie delica in the mail yesterday. Nice knofe - light enough to keep on my sitting around the house shorts, and the blade looks pretty substantial given the size of the Delica. It's a great intro to SE blades to those who aren't ready to go full hawkbill ;)
I hear ya! Been carrying mine the past 2 days in my athletic shorts while working around the house. Nice and light, but plenty enough serrations and plain edge at the tip. I'm liking this knife more than I anticipated. Normally not a fan of frn, or knives without a choil. My first Wharnie too! Mish mash of new experiences and things I don't typically like coming together nicely in one little knife :)

-Rick
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:48 pm
defenestrate wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:36 pm
I hear ya! Been carrying mine the past 2 days in my athletic shorts while working around the house. Nice and light, but plenty enough serrations and plain edge at the tip. I'm liking this knife more than I anticipated. Normally not a fan of frn, or knives without a choil. My first Wharnie too! Mish mash of new experiences and things I don't typically like coming together nicely in one little knife :)
I'm with you both! Absolutely love it! Been carrying IWB and wearing it with shorts too. I do like Wharnies but this is my first SE with a FFG and probably the sharpest out of the box Spydie to date. I like it so much that I ordered a set of micarta scales and a deep carry clip because I plan on this one getting a lot of carry time! Crazy that this $52 knife jumped to the top of my favorite Spyderco knives! We should start a thread dedicated to praising this often overlooked sleeper and see if we can get it 'sprinted'. :D
-Turbo
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Can we shut up, or move it to another thread?

You guys are blowing up my inbox!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

Ugghh. Everytime I get an email notice this thread has been updated I get excited to see the new deal that has been posted in this dedicated "Crazy good deals" thread only to find out it is another update on someone's shipping or impression of a recent purchase ... such a let down.
Seriously guys.
abiggs

Post by abiggs »

tjsblade wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:15 pm
Ugghh. Everytime I get an email notice this thread has been updated I get excited to see the new deal that has been posted in this dedicated "Crazy good deals" thread only to find out it is another update on someone's shipping or impression of a recent purchase ... such a let down.
Seriously guys.
Amen
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:41 pm
Can we shut up, or move it to another thread?

You guys are blowing up my inbox!
tjsblade wrote:
Seriously guys.
Where are the great deals in these posts? :p

J/K point taken :spyder:
-Turbo
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

tjsblade wrote:
Seriously guys.
Calling it a letdown?

Sorry we're excited to let other members know how nice a particular knife is, that was bought because of this thread. Not the most common knife either.

-Rick
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

This thread isn't a confirmation thread. It is for the deal, not it's shipping status.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Just goes to show the days of Spyderco deals are well over. I miss the ebay coupon days
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

This is the first Ebay coupon I’ve gotten in a long time and it’s pitiful.

$5 off through June 7, 2020
FEELINGFIVE
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

A.S. wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:09 am
This is the first Ebay coupon I’ve gotten in a long time and it’s pitiful.

$5 off through June 7, 2020
FEELINGFIVE
FEELINGFIVE doesn't work for me, but I could use ALL4TEN, which is 10% off. Also pitiful...
fixall

Post by fixall »

Campsaver has a 20% off code for people who sign up for their email notifications. I just picked up a Watu for $146 (before tax) with free shipping. Sweet deal imo.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

fixall wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:44 pm
Campsaver has a 20% off code for people who sign up for their email notifications. I just picked up a Watu for $146 (before tax) with free shipping. Sweet deal imo.
Well, dang...

Watu, incoming!

-Thomas Jefferson
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Be aware that Campsaver.com doesn't always have their items in stock and uses a shared warehouse that can take weeks to ship.

That said, Siren, Astute, and Swayback preordered :)
rivy

Post by rivy »

fixall wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:44 pm
Lol soooo many knives on "back order." Nothing I was interested in available :(