Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Monty

Re: Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Post by Monty »

VooDooChild wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:34 pm
These blade hq bundles... I should be happy Im broke. If they do another province bundle though Im gonna get one.

Anyway.
Police 4 and atlantic salt for 190
Drunken and lil native for 410
Paysan and lil subhilt for 550.

If you ever were waiting for an excuse to pull the trigger on the paysan this is it.
And now I have a Paysan enroute. Will examine the Subhilt but I suspect it's destined for a new owner.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

VooDooChild wrote:

If you ever were waiting for an excuse to pull the trigger on the paysan this is it.
Both of those bundles are attractive! Paysan was on my hot list earlier in the year but I ended up backing off. Same with the Drunken. They're very tempting now but I have Christmas shopping to do for my lady and I don't think she wants a Lil' Native or Lil Subhilt. :D
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
rivy

Post by rivy »

I really loathe blade HQ. Yesterday that Paysan bundle was less and today they raised the price- probably because it was selling well. They do things like this all the time, just makes them seem greedy.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

rivy wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:10 pm
I really loathe blade HQ. Yesterday that Paysan bundle was less and today they raised the price- probably because it was selling well. They do things like this all the time, just makes them seem greedy.
Demand goes up and so does price. Demand goes down and so does price. That isn’t greed, it is economics 101. They are adjusting price to find the balance point.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
rivy

Post by rivy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:22 pm
rivy wrote:
Demand goes up and so does price. Demand goes down and so does price. That isn’t greed, it is economics 101. They are adjusting price to find the balance point.
Authorized Dealers don’t usually play those games. Re-sellers do on secondary markets etc., it feels slimy. Either way BHQ is awful, these games are just one of the reasons.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

rivy wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:53 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:22 pm
rivy wrote:
Authorized Dealers don’t usually play those games. Re-sellers do on secondary markets etc., it feels slimy. Either way BHQ is awful, these games are just one of the reasons.
I'm not a fan of their regular "sales". Quite often it's MAP, but since it's reduced from msrp, they can say, "30% off!", and advertise the knife in their sale section, which to me, isn't the most honest or common practice among online retailers.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

It goes both ways!!! Some days you look and when you look the next day it is less!!! Don't hear anyone complaining about that! Just saying...

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

cycleguy wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:11 pm
It goes both ways!!! Some days you look and when you look the next day it is less!!! Don't hear anyone complaining about that! Just saying...

CG
If it was below MAP at all we're lucky I think. Get it while it's hot just like any other cyber sales
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I think map prices being included with sales prices has more to do with how websites are built and edited than intentionally advertising the street map price as a sale price. Since every map pricing knife for sale on any website Ive seen has a discount percentage, and a you saved amount, when sales do happen the software could include some of the knives under msrp into a sales list. Im sure most get edited out but some could slip through. Im vompletely guessing though.

Really though the whole msrp isnt msrp and there is street prices and map prices thing is weird. Is there a good reason for it? Or is it just an old marketing strategy from before the internet and price checking, where seeing a big discount on paper incentivises to buy?
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

DVOR seems to have good prices on Drunken and Paysan among others.
BladeHQ

Post by BladeHQ »

rivy wrote:
Hey Rivy,

We usually stay off the forum, but I wanted to address your concern and try to figure out where the confusion is coming from. Since we made the Paysan/Sub Hilt bundle available on Monday, the price hasn't changed from $550. The $550 price was also quoted previously:
VooDooChild wrote:
These blade hq bundles... I should be happy Im broke. If they do another province bundle though Im gonna get one.

Anyway.

Please let me know what you saw and we'll try to get to the bottom of this. We do appreciate all the support and hope to continue to bring you all great Spyderco exclusives and deals!

Best,

Jacob
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

BladeHQ wrote:
rivy wrote:
Hey Rivy,

We usually stay off the forum, but I wanted to address your concern and try to figure out where the confusion is coming from. Since we made the Paysan/Sub Hilt bundle available on Monday, the price hasn't changed from $550. The $550 price was also quoted previously:
VooDooChild wrote:

Anyway.

Please let me know what you saw and we'll try to get to the bottom of this. We do appreciate all the support and hope to continue to bring you all great Spyderco exclusives and deals!

Best,

Jacob
? If you are referring to the province bundle I mentioned, its nothing more than that you briefly had a bundle available with the province and mantra 2. The province interest me and I know I will eventually get one. I just also know I would never carry the mantra 2 so I passed on it, and then it sold out. Not really an issue to get to the bottom of.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

VooDooChild wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:02 pm
? If you are referring to the province bundle I mentioned, its nothing more than that you briefly had a bundle available with the province and mantra 2. The province interest me and I know I will eventually get one. I just also know I would never carry the mantra 2 so I passed on it, and then it sold out. Not really an issue to get to the bottom of.
I believe they were still addressing the previous quote and you were quoted to show that the price for the Paysan/Subhilt bundle was posted at $550 previously and hasn't changed.
-Nick :bug-red
BladeHQ

Post by BladeHQ »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:07 pm
VooDooChild wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:02 pm
I believe they were still addressing the previous quote and you were quoted to show that the price for the Paysan/Subhilt bundle was posted at $550 previously and hasn't changed.
Correct, sorry for the confusion.
vivi

Post by vivi »

That Salt + Police bundle sure is tempting. Merry christmas to me :D
:unicorn
archangel

Post by archangel »

Vivi wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:10 pm
That Salt + Police bundle sure is tempting. Merry christmas to me :D

LOL.

I wish I could say that to me, too.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
sabb8pro2

Post by sabb8pro2 »

rivy wrote:
I really appreciate their creativity and strong discounts. These are some of the best prices around, not to mention it’s fun to see what they’ll come up with.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

sabb8pro2 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:13 am
rivy wrote:
I really appreciate their creativity and strong discounts. These are some of the best prices around, not to mention it’s fun to see what they’ll come up with.
No kidding some of those deals are just insane, basically a free knife. Never seen it before at another retailer I'd say it makes it pretty awesome. I do wish they would pay for their packing material. I feel like using an envelope that was supposed to get postage and paid for that way, is being used as packaging isn't really that honest. Perhaps USPS is OK with this practice in which case I guess as long as they know then it's ok.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Elshauno

Post by Elshauno »

koenigsegg wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:17 am

No kidding some of those deals are just insane, basically a free knife. Never seen it before at another retailer I'd say it makes it pretty awesome. I do wish they would pay for their packing material. I feel like using an envelope that was supposed to get postage and paid for that way, is being used as packaging isn't really that honest. Perhaps USPS is OK with this practice in which case I guess as long as they know then it's ok.
You can order the envelopes for free through the USPS website
Joey

Post by Joey »

Elshauno wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:08 pm
koenigsegg wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:17 am

You can order the envelopes for free through the USPS website
You can order them free, but you have to use them for their intended purpose. BHQ doesn’t do that, and I’ve always found it odd, too. Especially for a company that doesn’t need to use “free packing material”.
Edit: what I mean by that is, they should be making plenty enough in sales revenue to have no need to take advantage of USPS. Not that it’s fair for anyone to do so.