Interest in a Super Blue Para 3?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Haunted House

Interest in a Super Blue Para 3?

Post by Haunted House »

How does an Aogami Super Blue Para 3 sound?
Maybe with some dark navy or denim blue g-10 scales? :spyder:

Super blue is probably my favorite knife steel(via handmade Japanese kitchen knives), and Para 3 has become my favorite edc knife. I would do bad things for a Super Blue Para 3...

Am I alone on this?

I know Super Blue isn’t “cool” or in-fashion these days with all the super steels, but man... there’s just something special about it. Almost like it has soul. And it gets so sharp so easily, it’s almost spooky.

Of all the Delica exclusives, the Super Blue Delica is the hardest to find & usually sells for about $250 on the resale market (if you can find one), only bested by the St Nicks Delica in resale price.
I’d have to imagine a SB Para 3 would be pretty well received?

What do you guys think? Would anyone else be interested in one?
attila

Re: Interest in a Super Blue Para 3?

Post by attila »

Yes, I'd be interested, but only if they can make them with straight blades.

All 3 of my samples of Superblue have had blades warped towards the non-clip side.

Also, all Superblue Caly Jr examples I've seen for sale on BF that included a photo of the centering looked to have the same warpage.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Joey

Post by Joey »

Yes please! I would love one. Maybe even a lightweight sprint, and I like the idea of denim blue. Any blue or blue/gray like on the calypso jr sprint. DLC coated would only interest me further, and makes sense for the steel. I always worry about finer prints on my Superblue and other carbon steels. DLC coating helps me calm down a little, haha.

My ZDP-189 caly jr also has warping :/
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

attila wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:50 am
All 3 of my samples of Superblue have had blades warped towards the non-clip side..
Move the clip to the other side for a while and it should even out. :D

I'm a big fan of the Para 3 LW, so that would be my preference. Perhaps a Smurf blue would be fitting. Although, denim micarta would be fantastic.

Now I just have to sell a kidney to finance this beast...
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

I may be wrong, but I thought that Japan wouldn’t export that steel, so the knife would have to be made in Japan.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

It took quite a while for the 52100 Para3 to sell out. Plus, Japan isn’t going to export super blue. I would try to find one in 52100. That may be as close as you will get. The name is not as cool but the performance is somewhat comparable in relation to the full spectrum of steels available today.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
attila

Post by attila »

Robbob wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:58 am
attila wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:50 am
All 3 of my samples of Superblue have had blades warped towards the non-clip side..
Move the clip to the other side for a while and it should even out. :D
I almost wish it worked like that. Hahaha
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
A.S.O.K.A

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

I would be down for one. I have yet to experience super blue steel so it would be nice to get super blue back in the folder mix for those of us wanting to get their hands on the steel
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube
FK

Post by FK »

I also really like Super Blue steel, have in my collection Delica, Endura and Stretch.

Not certain on the Para 3,, blade stock is rather thick for great slicing.
I would rather have another run of the original three with laminated Super Blue.
Most likely never happen since they were "sprint" runs and not exclusives.

Regards,
FK
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 am
It took quite a while for the 52100 Para3 to sell out. Plus, Japan isn’t going to export super blue. I would try to find one in 52100. That may be as close as you will get. The name is not as cool but the performance is somewhat comparable in relation to the full spectrum of steels available today.
I have the 52100 para 3 (along with a cru-wear Para 3 as well). The 52100 is by far my favorite. (I’ve actually been considering buying another, along with the partially serrated model as well).
It’s my first time using 52100 and I agree, it does feel & sharpen similar.

I get that these aren’t the most practical steels in a folder, but they just have that certain “je ne sais quoi“.

I didn’t know about super blue not being able to export out of Japan. I guess that puts a damper on things.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'd be very interested in a Golden made, unclad, Para3 Lightweight in Superblue :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Baron Mind

Post by Baron Mind »

Definite yes
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

The 52100 version is close enough in performance. Grab one of them.
Ric

Post by Ric »

Yes for me