Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3232
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby JuPaul » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:21 am

Albatross wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 am
I have a feeling they are all sold, but the site is having issues. DLT is usually very good about sending confirmation emails within seconds of a purchase. 15 minutes later, no email and knives are still in stock.
I got a confirmation email...

I think these will sell out soon, but not as quickly since so many people have the g10 para3 or pm2 versions. I do, and after carrying the lw version a while, I'll have to decide which I like best, and which gets the chopping block.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

elde
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:47 am

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby elde » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:24 am

Picked one up @ 11:01. Received conf. Email a minute later.

User avatar
CXXX
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Thompsons Station, Tennessee

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby CXXX » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:24 am

Just sticking with the G-10 / Carbon Fiber Para3's, I have collected all of those so far; collecting all of the LW's would be a challenge I'm not up for.

User avatar
Albatross
Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby Albatross » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:30 am

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:21 am
Albatross wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 am
I have a feeling they are all sold, but the site is having issues. DLT is usually very good about sending confirmation emails within seconds of a purchase. 15 minutes later, no email and knives are still in stock.
I got a confirmation email...

I think these will sell out soon, but not as quickly since so many people have the g10 para3 or pm2 versions. I do, and after carrying the lw version a while, I'll have to decide which I like best, and which gets the chopping block.
I just got my confirmation from DLT and another from PayPal. Both took almost a half hour to come through.
sal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

...But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of "deigning in the dark"...

sal

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 4527
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby TomAiello » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am

I just refreshed and the add to cart button is still live. I'm curious if that's a glitch or if they still have them.

It'd be awesome if they still had them. Changing the exclusive purchase window from minutes to hours would be a definite improvement for the average Spyderco user.

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2704
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby Mushroom » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:43 am

Exclusives selling out in minutes or less seems to be a trend that people are now expecting.

This is how easy it was in the past to get just about any sprint or exclusive you wanted. I honestly wish everything would go back to selling at this rate! :eek:
- Nick

:spyder:

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3232
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby JuPaul » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:47 am

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am
I just refreshed and the add to cart button is still live. I'm curious if that's a glitch or if they still have them.

It'd be awesome if they still had them. Changing the exclusive purchase window from minutes to hours would be a definite improvement for the average Spyderco user.
I agree it's way better. I logged in about 11:10 expecting to be SOL, but was happily surprised to see it still available. But I wouldn't count on this happening with any entirely new steel/color configurations. Just my read on the situation.

Edit: DLT may also have ordered a big run of these given the success of their other exclusives.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

Joey
Member
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:13 am

Yep, over an hour late to the party and still had time to get my order in :D this is nice!

DLTJordan
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:54 am

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby DLTJordan » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:20 am

Albatross wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 am
I have a feeling they are all sold, but the site is having issues. DLT is usually very good about sending confirmation emails within seconds of a purchase. 15 minutes later, no email and knives are still in stock.
We still have some, our inventory is in real time, email confirmations are slow on drops due to the very large volume of emails in a short period of time.

jalcon
Member
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Hershey, PA

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby jalcon » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 am

DLTJordan wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:20 am
Albatross wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 am
I have a feeling they are all sold, but the site is having issues. DLT is usually very good about sending confirmation emails within seconds of a purchase. 15 minutes later, no email and knives are still in stock.
We still have some, our inventory is in real time, email confirmations are slow on drops due to the very large volume of emails in a short period of time.
How many were in this run?
2400? more?

aaronkb
Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 am

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby aaronkb » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:32 am

DLTJordan wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:20 am
Albatross wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 am
I have a feeling they are all sold, but the site is having issues. DLT is usually very good about sending confirmation emails within seconds of a purchase. 15 minutes later, no email and knives are still in stock.
We still have some, our inventory is in real time, email confirmations are slow on drops due to the very large volume of emails in a short period of time.
Can’t wait for my knife, but heartbroken I forgot to ask you guys for a drawing =‘(

DLTJordan
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:54 am

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby DLTJordan » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:32 am

jalcon wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 am
DLTJordan wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:20 am
Albatross wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 am
I have a feeling they are all sold, but the site is having issues. DLT is usually very good about sending confirmation emails within seconds of a purchase. 15 minutes later, no email and knives are still in stock.
We still have some, our inventory is in real time, email confirmations are slow on drops due to the very large volume of emails in a short period of time.
How many were in this run?
2400? more?
We aren't releasing quantity numbers on these, but it was a decent sized run.

cycleguy
Member
Posts: 904
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:46 pm
Location: Arvada, coloRADo

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby cycleguy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:36 am

Already on the bay for $200 plus shipping ... crazy!!!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5907
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby Sharp Guy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:36 am

I wasn't going to get this one...then I checked my DLT rewards and realized I had a $22 credit. That discount pushed me over the edge haha
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

fanucman
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby fanucman » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:42 am

cycleguy wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:36 am
Already on the bay for $200 plus shipping ... crazy!!!

CG
How can they list items that haven’t even shipped and are still available on dlt? Any bets what people will pay for them on eBay?

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3232
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby JuPaul » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:44 am

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:36 am
I wasn't going to get this one...then I checked my DLT rewards and realized I had a $22 credit. That discount pushed me over the edge haha
Ha! Same here since I already have the g10. I had $17...didn't take much to push me, really. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4173
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby steelcity16 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Passed on this as I am waiting for a Cruwear exclusive. Glad to see this not selling out in 5 seconds so everyone who really wants one was able to get one!
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 4527
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby TomAiello » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:18 pm

I just want to thank DLT for making this a large enough run that it didn't sell out in 3 minutes and move to eBay flipping.

Thanks DLT!

Tdog
Member
Posts: 1853
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:04 pm
Location: The woods of Florida

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby Tdog » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:22 pm

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:18 pm
I just want to thank DLT for making this a large enough run that it didn't sell out in 3 minutes and move to eBay flipping.

Thanks DLT!
My thanks as well. My order just went through. I'm a big fan of Cruwear….and M390. This one should be fun.

jalcon
Member
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Hershey, PA

Re: Para3 LW in m390.. First LW exclusive

Postby jalcon » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:41 pm

DLTJordan wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:32 am
jalcon wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 am
DLTJordan wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:20 am
Albatross wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 am
I have a feeling they are all sold, but the site is having issues. DLT is usually very good about sending confirmation emails within seconds of a purchase. 15 minutes later, no email and knives are still in stock.
We still have some, our inventory is in real time, email confirmations are slow on drops due to the very large volume of emails in a short period of time.
How many were in this run?
2400? more?
We aren't releasing quantity numbers on these, but it was a decent sized run.
Over or under 5k? :D


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: attila, Bing [Bot], cycleguy, Google [Bot], skeeg11 and 30 guests