Is there support for an LC200N Street Beat?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Naperville

Re: Is there support for an LC200N Street Beat?

Post by Naperville »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:03 am
The Waterway might have the grippiest scales of any Spyderco currently available. If there was any model that I would be confident using with soapy hands, it would be the Waterway.

The Street Beat handles are polished, which could possibly be the worst imagineable texture to hold on to with soapy hands.
I did not know that, I've never handled a Waterway, so I thank you for the insight. I only looked at the lack of a hilt and deep index finger cutout on the Waterway...so maybe what we need is the handle and materials to be combined.

After seeing Larrin's tests on corrosion, I'm seriously thinking M390 would be good enough for most use cases, and still, LC200N for all other needs.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:33 am
What I really need for the shower is a 1911 in LC200N. :)
Maybe a Glock, but it would still rust if repetitively wet.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:19 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:18 am
Meh, vg10 is stainless enough for me and I have no use for a knife in the shower.
Seriously if someone tries to attack me in the shower I'm just gonna run full speed towards them and we'll see who the victim is. :eek:
:D
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:49 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Well, there are people who use modified Glocks for underwater fishing in the reef :D
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Ez556 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:00 am
Naperville wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Well, there are people who use modified Glocks for underwater fishing in the reef :D
Interesting. I did not know that bullets went very far or very straight under water.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Mushroom wrote:
Naperville wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:43 pm
The Spyderco Street Beat fixed blade is small at a 3.5 inch blade, but it would suffice. It has a great handle for holding on to when wet. Looking for something 3.5 to 4.5 inches in LC200N.

The Spyderco WaterWay does not have a grip that looks very good for someone in the shower with a head or hands full of soap.
The Waterway might have the grippiest scales of any Spyderco currently available. If there was any model that I would be confident using with soapy hands, it would be the Waterway.

The Street Beat handles are polished, which could possibly be the worst imagineable texture to hold on to with soapy hands.
Yeah, but if you checkered that handle it would be the best of both worlds.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:08 am
Ez556 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:00 am
Naperville wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Interesting. I did not know that bullets went very far or very straight under water.

The ones I've seen use very long barrels and are shot at fairly close range. I just saw a thing a few days ago about hunting lion fish and the guy was using a G17 and the barrel looked like it was at least 16 inches or so. I'm sure they coat as much of it as they can and clean them after every dive.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:48 am
Mushroom wrote:

I did not know that, I've never handled a Waterway, so I thank you for the insight. I only looked at the lack of a hilt and deep index finger cutout on the Waterway...so maybe what we need is the handle and materials to be combined.

After seeing Larrin's tests on corrosion, I'm seriously thinking M390 would be good enough for most use cases, and still, LC200N for all other needs.
Bill1170 wrote: Yeah, but if you checkered that handle it would be the best of both worlds.
A G10 Street Beat with the Waterway texturing would be badass knife!!! :cool:

Or maybe Spyderco could look into changing the FRN Street Beat scales from smooth to Spyderco's Bidirectional texturing.
-Nick :bug-red
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:55 am
Or maybe Spyderco could look into changing the FRN Street Beat scales from smooth to Spyderco's Bidirectional texturing.
That would be a welcome change to the current model for sure! Although I'm sure it'd be a costly venture for new molds.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Mushroom wrote:
Naperville wrote:
The Spyderco Street Beat fixed blade is small at a 3.5 inch blade, but it would suffice. It has a great handle for holding on to when wet. Looking for something 3.5 to 4.5 inches in LC200N.

The Spyderco WaterWay does not have a grip that looks very good for someone in the shower with a head or hands full of soap.

I prefer the Caribbean scales for grip without the rip ;)
Waterway is a close second.

As for the Street Beat handle, I've never hand any problem holding onto it. The index choil pretty much eliminates any slip as far as I have experienced. I like the smooth micarta.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I ain’t ever going into a shower where I may need a knife, except to remove some mastic sealant.

I’ve just ordered a Waterway, and shower antics didn’t even enter my mind!
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I'm always up for more Street Beats, but honestly I'd much rather have one in M4, K390 or CruWear than a stainless steel.
--Jeremy
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:35 pm
I ain’t ever going into a shower where I may need a knife, except to remove some mastic sealant.

I’ve just ordered a Waterway, and shower antics didn’t even enter my mind!
It's purely a, high speed - low drag sort of solution to a problem which may never occur. Somebody breaks in to your home when your mother, wife or daughter is in the bathroom or shower, and this affords them a decent weapon.

If all 3 of those people are living with you under one roof, and they spend 30 minutes a day in the bathroom, someone breaking in has a better than 1 in 24 chance to catch them in the bathroom or shower. This is a means of responding with a weapon in a self defense situation.
JohnAPA

Post by JohnAPA »

Mushroom wrote:
Naperville wrote:

Or just wet hands. A G-10 LC200N Street Beat would be ideal.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I think the idea of a shower knife for a regular joe is incredibly silly, but I'd be all over an LC200N Street Beat. I'd grab a couple.
:unicorn
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Vivi wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:29 pm
I think the idea of a shower knife for a regular joe is incredibly silly,
Well, I guess you haven’t seen the movie Psycho. :)
2475E86A-E759-4108-BE2B-6FEDD2061490.jpeg
2475E86A-E759-4108-BE2B-6FEDD2061490.jpeg (14.87 KiB) Viewed 895 times
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Vivi wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:29 pm
I think the idea of a shower knife for a regular joe is incredibly silly
I’m with you Vivi. I reckon it’s plain stupid trying to wash with a knife in one hand and what if a burglar sneaks in when you’re washing your hair with your eyes closed? :eek:

Way easier to have your Mrs stand guard at the bathroom door with an automatic weapon while you have a quick shower I reckon. ;)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I prefer to repel would-be shower assailants with trickery..

All jokes about the practicality of a "shower knife" aside.. I'd be 100% in for an LC200N Street Beat.
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Would like to see an LC200N LW Street Beat!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I’d rather have a Glock in the shower, but another LC200N fixed blade would be nice.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050