Is there support for an LC200N Street Beat?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy

Re: Is there support for an LC200N Street Beat?

Post by Sumdumguy »

So the answer is a resounding, YES!

Okay, when's it being announced? ;)
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I am glad that we agree on the knife and steel. Use cases are as different as the number of people buying the knife.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

I would rather see a micarta handled LC variant with a satin blade. For me it would have a distinctly different 'use case.' :rolleyes:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

LC makes good sense for any self defense knife that's going to be carried close to your body. Whether it's used when you're buck naked is totally not my business lol.

As just a knife that I really like and a steel that I really like it's an appealing combo.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I just watched YouTube videos from Nick Shabaz and Pelagic on the Waterway. Awesome steel. Awesome job on the grips.

YES, I would prefer a Street Beat shape with the Waterway grips, in LC200N, and if Spyderco makes it I'll buy at least two, but I'm probably not going to wait for the knife to happen.

I have a Jumpmaster 2 in H1, and I'll throw that in my shower. I'll buy my mom a Waterway for her shower. I think this will work for now.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Naperville wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:31 pm
I just watched YouTube videos from Nick Shabaz and Pelagic on the Waterway. Awesome steel. Awesome job on the grips.

YES, I would prefer a Street Beat shape with the Waterway grips, in LC200N, and if Spyderco makes it I'll buy at least two, but I'm probably not going to wait for the knife to happen.

I have a Jumpmaster 2 in H1, and I'll throw that in my shower. I'll buy my mom a Waterway for her shower. I think this will work for now.
Are you guys involved with the Russian mafia. Sounds like some Eastern Promises stuff going on here.

I'd link the fight scene but this is a public forum.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

VashHash wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:24 am
Naperville wrote:

Are you guys involved with the Russian mafia. Sounds like some Eastern Promises stuff going on here.

Haha! Now I have to watch it.

If you have to take a JM to the shower, you might want to consider relocating.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

VashHash wrote:
Naperville wrote:

Is Eastern Promises a movie? I'll have to watch it...

Nope. Nothing nefarious going on here. Just a prepper minded guy, who plans to be prepared for everything.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:46 pm
VashHash wrote:
Naperville wrote:

Haha! Now I have to watch it.

If you have to take a JM to the shower, you might want to consider relocating.
I live in a really nice suburb that constantly wins accolades from nationwide surveys, but it's almost 2020, and you are not really safe anywhere now are you?
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:26 pm
VashHash wrote:
Naperville wrote:

Is Eastern Promises a movie? I'll have to watch it...

Nope. Nothing nefarious going on here. Just a prepper minded guy, who plans to be prepared for everything.
Yeah it's a movie. Pretty good but that bathouse scene is pretty vicious.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I would be all for an LC200N version of the legendary STREETBEAT model>> one condition and it's a big one too>> but only if they also make it available in Spyderedge. I'm just beside myself when I know that many of these Sprint Runs would be excellent with TEETH :cool:
I would have the plain edged STREETBEAT on one ankle and the Spyderedged STREETBEAT on the other ankle. I've wondered for a long time how proficient that model would be with an aggressive set of TEETH>> or most other Spyderco fixed blades for that matter.

But if they won't do that then please bring back the TEMP 1 in SE & PE both like it was in the beginning>> and you could do that model in LC200N.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I love me some SE, but I don't think the Street Beat is the right model.

A Temp? Yes, please.

-Thomas Jefferson
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I figure if someone is gonna attack me in the shower it'll be some movie type stuff so I might as well use my shower dao.

Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

VashHash wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:02 am
I figure if someone is gonna attack me in the shower it'll be some movie type stuff so I might as well use my shower dao.

I just keep Chuck Norris in the towel closet. If they make it past the Pitbull, they'll be in for a shock!

:P

-Thomas Jefferson
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:17 pm
VashHash wrote:

I just keep Chuck Norris in the towel closet. If they make it past the Pitbull, they'll be in for a shock!

Wow!!! You found a structure strong enough to contain the Chuck Norris? It must be some kind of black hole or something that keeps him there. I didn't think it was possible.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

VashHash wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:24 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:17 pm
VashHash wrote:

Wow!!! You found a structure strong enough to contain the Chuck Norris? It must be some kind of black hole or something that keeps him there. I didn't think it was possible.
As it turned out, you had to make the structure from a combination of Unobtainium and a liberal helping of Shannen Doherty's acting career(that's why it's so hard to make)...

-Thomas Jefferson
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

Soap on a rope keeps you from bending down.
You can use it to smack one upside their head too.
If that fails you can retrieve yo shiv as a backup. :D