Swick 5 ETA?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JRinFL

Re: Swick 5 ETA?

Post by JRinFL »

Bumping this back to top in a futile effort to keep all related conversation in one thread.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
sal

Post by sal »

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay's. We're working on sheaths. Health issues, death in the family, among other difficult obstacles to overcome, have slowed delivery. The sheath is a very important part of the overall design and it has to be right.

sal
TomH

Post by TomH »

Thanks for the update.
rwasham

Post by rwasham »

Anxious for this one, know it will be worth the wait!
sal

Post by sal »

Eric just approved of the sheath for production. They're working on them now. I would guess we'll be shipping in weeks, not months. The knives have been built for a long time. It's the Kydex (Boltaron) sheaths that have been the delay, which we are now overcoming. My apologies. The "Swick" concept has a long history beginning with the S.P.O.T model that we made 2 decades ago. I'll run it down once we're shipping them.

sal
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Hurrah!!!
Chleiti

Post by Chleiti »

TomH

Post by TomH »

Great! Thanks for the update.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I think we've seen in the past that a fixed blade is only as successful as the sheath is good, so any extra time invested to make sure the sheath is solid should pay off in the end.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

sal wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:40 pm
The "Swick" concept has a long history beginning with the S.P.O.T model that we made 2 decades ago. I'll run it down once we're shipping them.

sal
Since you mentioned the S.P.O.T, a reverse S Swick would be nice option down the road ;)
-Turbo
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Best notification in months!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I wonder if there will be any of the new Swicks with the new sheaths on hand at Blade Show late this week?
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
vivi

Post by vivi »

sal wrote:
Eric just approved of the sheath for production. They're working on them now. I would guess we'll be shipping in weeks, not months. The knives have been built for a long time. It's the Kydex (Boltaron) sheaths that have been the delay, which we are now overcoming. My apologies. The "Swick" concept has a long history beginning with the S.P.O.T model that we made 2 decades ago. I'll run it down once we're shipping them.

sal
:smiling-hearts
:unicorn
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

this is welcome news!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Sorry to hear about a death in the family, Sal.

Super stoked about the Swicks nearing availability though. I love the Swick design and it's small enough not to draw too much negative attention (regardless of legality). I think I've had a preorder for a couple of years. First one got canceled, have another one with a different dealer that I'll be happy if I get it this year.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

sal wrote:

sal

Hi Sal,

Any closer to shipping the Swicks?

It has been over a month since your last update on May 29, 2022.

Thanks.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
loadedquestion

Post by loadedquestion »

2024 eta
rwasham

Post by rwasham »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:46 pm
sal wrote:

sal

Hi Sal,

Any closer to shipping the Swicks?

It has been over a month since your last update on May 29, 2022.

Thanks.

Curious but patient... :cheap-sunglasses
vivi

Post by vivi »

likewise ;)
:unicorn
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I was perusing knives plus today and it appears they may have had the serrated Wharncliffe in stock earlier, but is now out of stock