Centofante

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
crazywednesday

Re: Centofante

Post by crazywednesday »

GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:52 pm
Leave the grind alone! Screw pivot and maybe modernize the inlay
I agree and redact my initial CQI.
VooDooChild wrote:What about the wharncliffe centofante 4?
YES! That would be great too.

Just give us a sprint in a fancy new steel. My preference would be k390 as I have state, but I bet M4 would fly off the shelf.
Justin
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

FFG (instead of hollow grind), and keeping the 2mm blade stock would make me buy the Centofante in almost any steel I guess-
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

A Centofante reboot in some shape or form comes up every few months. My standard request In those threads has been ZDP-189 and British Racing Green scales. I can even live with the pinned construction.

I don’t recall ever having seen a comment from Spyderco in any of those threads regarding the possibility (or not) of some sort of CQI, whatever it might be. As far as I am aware, the Centofante 3 is the model with the longest production span that hasn’t had CQI. It must be selling okay or it would have been dropped from the line up.

Anyway, here I go again : Please can we have ZDP-189 and BRG scales?

I’d actually be happy with a reboot of any of my Centofantes

ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I seriously doubt we'll see CQI or small changes to this old design. I like it the way it is despite some shortcomings. Absolutely a Sprint run would be interesting to me.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

The Centofante 3 was my second Spyderco, and still a favorite. I'd be all over a ZDP-189 C3 version. Or Super Blue, or Hap 40...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I always assumed this model stayed in the lineup to honor Frank. If the cost of manufacturing the knife is low enough it's not the end of the world to keep making it in low numbers. I could be wrong, maybe it really does just sell enough that it's hanging on, maybe it's more popular to Joe Knifebuyer than we AFI's realize.

I'm for practically any sprint variation, particularly if it's a Centofante 4, but my one main request/requirement is they get rid of the sharpening notch. Like always I'm also even more interested if it's SE.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David