I think Spyderco should do more titanium framelocks

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GiftedMisfit

Re: I think Spyderco should do more titanium framelocks

Post by GiftedMisfit »

I feel like choils are used with the compression lock because (at least on the pm2 I have on me) if not the edge would be where you slide your finger (or thumb - I'm a lefty). I personally dont want the edge coming at my fingertips and having to play chicken.

- on topic - I dont own any titanium frame locks, would love to, they just get a bit pricey and are not fun to use being a lefty
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

GiftedMisfit wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:04 am
I feel like choils are used with the compression lock because (at least on the pm2 I have on me) if not the edge would be where you slide your finger (or thumb - I'm a lefty). I personally dont want the edge coming at my fingertips and having to play chicken.
But they made it work well on the Caribbean and Lil Temp 3.
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:08 pm
GiftedMisfit wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:04 am
But they made it work well on the Caribbean and Lil Temp 3.

Both models I haven't had the opportunity to even handle and can only speak from experience.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:04 pm
elena86 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:50 am
We need another Slysz Bowie... a larger one :eek:
I completely disagree ;)

Oh, sorry ... I didn't know you prefer smaller :p
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

The Sage 2 has replaced every other pocket knife I own. I'd love a compression frame lock / Ti integral comp lock. I'd love to have a Sebenza Insingo with a Spyder hole.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Robishere wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:48 pm
Could it be that after getting used to a smooth handle (stainless or titanium rather than cheap g10 or frn that bite into your palm) and a solid lock with a handle that doesn’t bend or squish held together with 2 or 3 screws......people like me find anything compression or para whatever feels like holding a barbie doll or plastic cap gun?

I for one am fed up with the plastic handles and squishy thin locks and sharp edges on the plastic I have to sand down.
Squishy thin locks....Are you taking about RIL right? Because how much titanium do you have on that lock bar cut out? 1 or 2 mm? 😂
And your framelock us not held together by 2 or 3 screws? 😂
And if you can bend G10 handle in your hand I think you should do something else for work...Maybe become pro rock climber with that strong of a hands.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i 100% dissagree. anything spyderco has made teckno, brouwer, is nice but way way overpriced. 214$ for a techno in xhp, no. 175$ for a brouwer in s30v, no.
techno should have been 140$ ish max and the brouwer should have been no more than 120$, for steel and size.
the half g10 and half titanium on the brouwer was much smarter to get the price down but still not near low enough.
sorry guys i would rather have these knives in an affordable price so more ppl enjoy them, me included.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9