Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tarheelpwr

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by Tarheelpwr »

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:08 pm

Tarheelpwr wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:02 am
You can't say what they're selling for is above market value. Above what you and I are willing to pay? Yes. But to be fair, if there is a buyer for each seller (which there seems to be), the market will set "fair value". It's simple supply and demand. Based on DLT's current note on the site, only 1 out of 50 interested people received one of these knives. So, even adjusting for other sites willing some demand, there are still LOTS of people still hoping to score one, myself included.

Honestly though, I just picked up a PD#1 mule team and plan on putting micarta scales on it. For my uses, that will get me what I need at a fraction of the cost.
Much above $208 and I'm out. See above. I have enough in my collection, and given the competition at the price point, I think anything over about $220 puts it up against a LOT of other folders that I might rather have. I like giving my money to a local company that I have liked for a LONG time, but the price increases are starting to get a little out of control IMO.
Again, I fully agree with what I'm willing to spend. It's a great combo, but I'm with you on buying something different for $320 + shipping.

All that being said, it still doesn't change what the MARKET value is. Economic theory does not care what you or I think.
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Just missed it at Knives Ship Free. I happened to refresh their site, and it was in stock. I couldn't even get it into my cart in time before it went OOS... :mad:
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Tarheelpwr wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:19 pm
Again, I fully agree with what I'm willing to spend. It's a great combo, but I'm with you on buying something different for $320 + shipping.

All that being said, it still doesn't change what the MARKET value is. Economic theory does not care what you or I think.
True on both statements!
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Quite pleased to have received the Crucarta Shaman!
IMAG3663sm.jpg
It is a nice specimen and so appreciative to have lucked out this time!
Last edited by Enactive on Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Nice photos and congrats!
Mm1313

Post by Mm1313 »

Just scored another one from New Graham Knives... Keep an eye out for National Knives, they're getting their shipment on Wed likely, Thursday at the latest.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

ABX2011 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 pm
Nice photos and congrats!
Thank you.
brumledb

Post by brumledb »

My KC preorder finally shipped today.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

brumledb wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:49 pm
Still nothing on mine...I'm not feeling optimistic.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mm1313 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:37 pm
Just scored another one from New Graham Knives... Keep an eye out for National Knives, they're getting their shipment on Wed likely, Thursday at the latest.
I had been watching those two pretty closely. I didn't think they put 'em up for sale yet. I quit watching because one of the other dealers came through for me.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 pm
brumledb wrote:
Hang in there JuPaul! I still think you'll get one. I know, easy for me to say but I've done several KC pre-orders and always received what I ordered. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to fulfill all the orders. Especially these days where sprints seem to trickle out more than they used to.
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:19 pm
JuPaul wrote:
brumledb wrote:
Hang in there JuPaul! I still think you'll get one. I know, easy for me to say but I've done several KC pre-orders and always received what I ordered. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to fulfill all the orders. Especially these days where sprints seem to trickle out more than than they used to.
Thanks for the virtual pat on the back - I needed it! ;-) I'll definitely be bummed if it doesn't come through, but knowing Sal is working on other options definitely softens the blow. As an aside, last week I finally got a pakkawood df from KC that I preordered forever ago, so that's a good sign!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

Got mine today, thanks to Mark at Southern Edges!!
elduderino04

Post by elduderino04 »

Knives Plus came through in record time! With the help of its brother from BladeHQ we liberated the Crucarta from its cardboard cage. Now just moving the clip over for proper carry. The micarta is a huge improvement over the jade G10 and CF variants, giving just a bit more traction without being aggressive at all. Extremely well done, Sal and crew!

Also, I'm finding that natural micarta REALLY likes to soak up any errant lubricant and EDCI. :)

SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:31 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:19 pm
JuPaul wrote:
brumledb wrote:
Hang in there JuPaul! I still think you'll get one. I know, easy for me to say but I've done several KC pre-orders and always received what I ordered. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to fulfill all the orders. Especially these days where sprints seem to trickle out more than than they used to.
Thanks for the virtual pat on the back - I needed it! ;-) I'll definitely be bummed if it doesn't come through, but knowing Sal is working on other options definitely softens the blow. As an aside, last week I finally got a pakkawood df from KC that I preordered forever ago, so that's a good sign!
Hang in there JuPaul. I know it will come thru for you!!!
bts327

Post by bts327 »

One in stock at Country Knives... for $320. I REALLY want this knife, but I refuse to pay above the retail price.
Leader2light

Post by Leader2light »

bts327 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:09 am
One in stock at Country Knives... for $320. I REALLY want this knife, but I refuse to pay above the retail price.
Agreed. I love it, but I would rather buy something else if I am going to have to pay $100 over retail.
attila

Post by attila »

FYI, $320 is the MSRP, i.e. the retail price. 65% of that, or $208 in this case, is the MAP. That stands for "minimum advertised price", and is set by Spyderco for their authorized dealers.

Paying the full suggested retail price is definitely a hard pill to swallow, but it's worth it to some people (not to me).

Just keep hope and keep checking this and the "alert" thread as well as retailers that say they haven't sold all of their expected allotment.

Good luck
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
bts327

Post by bts327 »

attila wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 am
FYI, $320 is the MSRP, i.e. the retail price. 65% of that, or $208 in this case, is the MAP. That stands for "minimum advertised price", and is set by Spyderco for their authorized dealers.

Paying the full suggested retail price is definitely a hard pill to swallow, but it's worth it to some people (not to me).

Just keep hope and keep checking this and the "alert" thread as well as retailers that say they haven't sold all of their expected allotment.

Good luck
Ahh, thanks for that info. Good to know.
Leader2light

Post by Leader2light »

Still no word from BladeHQ other than "Soon". I emailed them last week.