Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by steelcity16 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:57 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:53 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:18 pm
Not saying it's a perfect system but pre-orders through KC have been good for me. Even so, I never rely on it. If it's a knife I really want I always have a back up plan. As soon as the knife is in stock I look for it to become available from another dealer. If I find one and get my order placed, I cancel my pre-order with KC as soon as it gets delivered.

This has to be a pain for them as well. Dealing with cancelled pre-orders and customers who pre-ordered with a credit card that is now cancelled or maxed or whatever and gets declined. I really don't understand why they bother. It's not like they are selling additional units or generating additional profit. If anything they are losing long term customers and creating a horriblly inefficient process for themselves.
They don't charge you until they're ready to ship your order. I do see your point though. All I know is it's worked well for me so I'll continue to do it

Yeah, that's what I am saying. So you pre-order today for a hypothetical Denim Micarta K390 Shaman, and when they finally get them in a year from now they go and charge the card you pre-ordered with. That may end up being a credit card that was replaced (loss, theft, expired), one that is maxed out, a debit card with insufficient funds, etc. Now KC has to call and email you to track you down and get a new form of payment. What a nightmare.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red