Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BLM

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by BLM »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:33 pm
Just got home and checked mine out, it's a nice knife. Love the micarta and the contouring.

As for the design, it's nice, but I don't see it competing with my Caribbean. The clip makes a bit of a hot spot in my palm also. I'll kick it around a little and decide whether or not it goes in the trade fodder pile.

The Caribbean remains in the pocket, it's feels like a much more fleshed out design. The Shaman needs a bit of work, maybe we will see a Shaman 2.

I may give a more detailed review/comparison in the future.
Dang you now I may have to pick up a Caribbean even though it’s made in Taiwan
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

BLM wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:04 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Just got home and checked mine out, it's a nice knife. Love the micarta and the contouring.

As for the design, it's nice, but I don't see it competing with my Caribbean. The clip makes a bit of a hot spot in my palm also. I'll kick it around a little and decide whether or not it goes in the trade fodder pile.

The Caribbean remains in the pocket, it's feels like a much more fleshed out design. The Shaman needs a bit of work, maybe we will see a Shaman 2.

Taiwan can stand toe to toe with Golden any day, both fantastic.

The Caribbean is truly a masterpiece.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
BLM

Post by BLM »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:11 pm
BLM wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:04 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:

Taiwan can stand toe to toe with Golden any day, both fantastic.

The Caribbean is truly a masterpiece.
I see that now after doing a little googling

ETA and yea I’m gonna order one
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Sumdumguy wrote:

Same, I'm still EDC'ing my Caribbean. The Shaman gets carried more on my days off and around the house but my work knife remains the SE Caribbean. A big part of that are the serrations, but I still prefer a knife without a choil and the Caribbean is just about the most perfect folder I've owned. I may need to see about having some contoured scales made for my Caribbean.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Sumdumguy wrote:

Sounds like this Cruwear Micarta Shaman craze is already over ... wheww, thank goodness.. now maybe I'll find one!

I've always thought the Shaman should come with a cordura nylon belt sheath (for folded carry vertical or horizontal). It seems on the big (fat) side for going into the front pocket (just me & my preferences). I've always looked at it conceptually as a folding fixed blade. Fixed blade stout but more compact carry on a belt; less length and dangle to get caught up on things or when working thru brush, and to keep from sitting on as well.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:11 am
Sumdumguy wrote:

Same, I'm still EDC'ing my Caribbean. The Shaman gets carried more on my days off and around the house but my work knife remains the SE Caribbean. A big part of that are the serrations, but I still prefer a knife without a choil and the Caribbean is just about the most perfect folder I've owned. I may need to see about having some contoured scales made for my Caribbean.
I'm in the same boat after feeling the contouring on the Shaman. I want some Contoured CF, while still maintaining the original grip pattern.

The Caribbean would truly be unstoppable at that point!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

14 now on the bay, only two remain at +$400.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

cycleguy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:02 pm

CG
I wonder how those will do once everyone knows for certain that they're sold out.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:31 pm
cycleguy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:02 pm

CG
I wonder how those will do once everyone knows for certain that they're sold out.
Check out the sold and completed... there are 37-38. Didn't do the arithmetic, but average price might have been 300.
Fynnister

Post by Fynnister »

Glad I got mine for 208
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ihped1

Post by ihped1 »

Got mine delivered to my parents, it's been there since last week. Probably won't be able to get it until this weekend.
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

BOOM!!!

Goes tha dynamite!!! WooHoo!!! :cool: :spyder:

A generous forum member wasn't thrilled with the size of the Shaman upon receipt of this one, and offered it to sell it to me for what he had into it! :cool: It landed this afternoon. Love it!!! :D
IMG_4772.jpg
After handling it a little bit, I wish there were more heavy-duty folders like this with canvas micarta! Feels great! :spyder: I get caught off guard how almost dainty my PM2's feel after carrying the M4 one for awhile. Speaking of, here she be with her sibling:
IMG_4776.jpg
IMG_4777.jpg
Now time to get her dirty! :D :cool: :spyder:
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

^Excellent!!! Very glad you were able to get one. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

rivy wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:30 am
Only con is that they're charging sales tax in my state now... I'm sure everyone will eventually be doing it but some of the others have held out still.
Apparently you haven't heard about the Supreme Court case last year? Pretty much all online retailers should be charging sales tax by now (with few exceptions). Enjoy it if you find one that isn't, they're now likely officially breaking the law. :rolleyes: :mad:
cycleguy wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:14 pm
12 on the bay right now. Most sub $400. Looks like the price is working down - maybe supply, maybe the craze is backing off a degree or two.

Is there anyone out there that got this knife ... and didn't like it???

CG
LOL! :rolleyes: Sub $400? Whoop-dee-doo! They not only should be sub $300, but should be selling for closer to $240-$250 if people weren't so flippin' greedy! (See what I did there? ;)) But, flippers... :rolleyes: :mad:
cycleguy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:15 am
I've always thought the Shaman should come with a cordura nylon belt sheath (for folded carry vertical or horizontal). It seems on the big (fat) side for going into the front pocket (just me & my preferences). I've always looked at it conceptually as a folding fixed blade. Fixed blade stout but more compact carry on a belt; less length and dangle to get caught up on things or when working thru brush, and to keep from sitting on as well.

CG
Stop wearing those stupid skinny jeans! Problem solved!!! :p ;)
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:31 pm
^Excellent!!! Very glad you were able to get one. :)
Thanks Darby! I guess my whining paid off this time, lol! :rolleyes:

BLM

Post by BLM »

Got mine today from BBS it’s awesome except for paying full retail the blade isn’t centered at all :(
blues

Post by blues »

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:32 pm
Does that mean we can look forward to more? Oh joy...
- Retired from the chase -
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

BLM wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:40 pm
Got mine today from BBS it’s awesome except for paying full retail the blade isn’t centered at all :(
Mine favors the non-show side ever so slightly. And I couldn't care less. It works just fine. I bet if I loosened up all the screws, tweaked it a little and tightened them back down, I could fix it if I wanted to.
blues wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:48 pm
SpyderPhreak wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:32 pm
Does that mean we can look forward to more? Oh joy...
Lol, it worked, didnit? ;) :p

Few sprints would elicit such a response from me. Blue Denim/K390 might be another. :eek: And I still can't stand flippers... :rolleyes:

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

BLM wrote:
Shouldn't be too hard to center
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
BLM

Post by BLM »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:39 pm
BLM wrote:
Shouldn't be too hard to center
True
I am happy I just got one