Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by sal »

Hi 261659,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
bts327

Post by bts327 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:25 pm
bts327 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:33 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:47 pm
The dry unbuffed micarta was a little slippery for my liking, so I put some drumstick wax on and it is now super grippy without being sticky or tacky. Put some on the buffed micarta scales of my 3V fixed blade as well. I really like the extra grip!

That CPK is beautiful. HDFK?

See there, you could have a custom from CPK and many other fine smithy's for the aftermarket prices these Crucarta Shamans are pulling. Resist the markup, down with the flippers! :D

Yes sir, a Delta 3V CPK HDFK with buffed black micarta scales. I pre-ordered an FK2 the other day as well with unbuffed OD Green Micarta scales and an added swedge. Going to be hard waiting for that one to arrive!
I regret sitting that one out, hedging my bets on picking one up during a sale so we'll see.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

buccilli15 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:55 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:19 am
This thread has received over 43,000 views in the 26 days since it was started. Pretty incredible. :eek:

Also, here is Sal's first mention of this as a possible combo and my response. It seemed like a long wait for those of us super exited for this combination, but in reality they got it to market pretty quick. Awesome stuff! :D

Time to move on to phase 2 of my plan...3V Micarta Shaman!

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:24 pm
sal wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:50 pm

For discussion purposes only; What do you think about a canvas Micarta in brown like the Temperance had and either stone-washed Cruwear or 204P (or M390 or CPM 20CV)? Since the chemistry is very similar, I would opt for the CPM 20CV.

The CF S90V version I promoting will be a small run sprint due to the high cost.

sal

Sal, this is awesome news to hear you are considering Cruwear, especially with Micarta! Matte Brown Micarta with Stonewashed Cruwear is my vote. Id likely buy 2 of them, and Im trying to get away from hoarding multiples so that is saying something! :)

I just got the Native LW Maxamet and the stonewash finish is superb, so I immediately wondered if the same finish could be achieved on Cruwear and other steels. I also really liked the matte finish micarta on the Bark River Bravos and LT Wrights Ive owned. I enjoy any of Brown, Green, and Burgundy Micarta, but im sure Brown will have the widest appeal. I would also think that Cruwear would have the widest appeal of the steels you mention for this particular model.

Assuming that Cruwear/Micarta gets released and is as big of a success as I would expect, I would also suggest 3V and 4V in Micarta for future releases due to immense popularity of 3V/Micarta fixed blades. I think you could pull a lot of new customers in with that combo. I've been wanting a beefy Micarta folder in Cruwear/3V/4V for a long time. Seems like we are close!!

Cruwear Nation Rejoice!!!! :)

Gotta give it to you Steelcity. I remember seeing this post back in June 2018 and you totally nailed it. :D

:D I also had this little nugget back when everyone yelled from the rooftops that 4V and 3V had no place in a folder. I wonder where St. Nick's got the idea for their insanely popular line of exclusives??? :eek:

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:34 pm
attila wrote:
steelcity16 wrote: ...I wonder why we aren't seeing any 4V folders now that the mule has been done and has been out for awhile. I'd be all over any of the Golden-made folders in 4V.
We probably haven't seen more CPM 4V partly because it's right between CPM Cruwear and CPM M4 in wear resistance, toughness, and maybe corrosion resistance, and both of these steels are much more famous. I would like it used more by Spyderco as well, as 4V is one of the more excellent steels that I have used, but there just doesn't seem to have been enough demand for Spyderco to implement it yet. Just look at how slow CPM Cruwear is at getting made in new models after hundreds of requests just on this forum alone. With the Ankerson Bowie coming in 4V, I'm sure people will want more of what is in the spotlight, but it won't be quick.
Yeah, but throw some fancy scales and hardware on it in a 1200 piece sprint run and they will sell out in a few days. DLC coated 4V in Red G10 scales with DLC black hardware? Instant sellout for any Golden-Made model. Same if you did 3V...probably an even fast sellout in that case!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Hank Scorpio

Post by Hank Scorpio »

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:46 pm
tbdoc4kids wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:26 pm
My Knifeworks preorder has changed status from preorder to in process! Yay!
That’s great news. Fingers crossed mine comes through and there’s some action soon.
Just got shipping notification for my Knifeworks pre-order, if anyone else was in the same boat
Currently enjoying the most pocket time:
:spyder: Sage 5 FRN, Watu :spyder:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:39 am
Just got shipping notification for my Knifeworks pre-order, if anyone else was in the same boat
Same here! :cool:
-Nick :bug-red
Leader2light

Post by Leader2light »

Is bladeHQ getting a huge shipment? What is taking them so long to release....
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Live at National Knives!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:35 am
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:31 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:19 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 pm

Still nothing on mine...I'm not feeling optimistic.
Hang in there JuPaul! I still think you'll get one. I know, easy for me to say but I've done several KC pre-orders and always received what I ordered. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to fulfill all the orders. Especially these days where sprints seem to trickle out more than than they used to.
Thanks for the virtual pat on the back - I needed it! ;-) I'll definitely be bummed if it doesn't come through, but knowing Sal is working on other options definitely softens the blow. As an aside, last week I finally got a pakkawood df from KC that I preordered forever ago, so that's a good sign!
Hang in there JuPaul. I know it will come thru for you!!!
I got one at National Knives! *EDITED - Buying, selling, and trading is not allowed even as a kind gesture. - TazKristi*
- Julia

rothnroll

Post by rothnroll »

I just got one at National knives. I was lucky enough to be at the computer when the email came in.
It's now out of stock. Hopefully the order goes through.
Slash

Post by Slash »

Leader2light wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:01 am
Is bladeHQ getting a huge shipment? What is taking them so long to release....
Maybe they got snowed in?

Mailman motto not true.
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

I got one at National Knives as well. I happened to check at 8AM pacific.
Tarheelpwr

Post by Tarheelpwr »

Just spoke to BladeHQ. They said they're going to build full inventory and announce a drop. The gentlemen expects late December. Sign up for the newsletter/IG/FB.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Missed out on NK. Running out of websites to monitor. :(
rickdarris2004

Post by rickdarris2004 »

I have missed them all. Left the office for a half hour this morning...
jacala

Post by jacala »

Same ,same-missed out again !

Post by 261659 »

sal wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:21 pm
Hi 261659,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thanks Sal
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:07 am
SLOSpyder wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:35 am
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:31 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Hang in there JuPaul! I still think you'll get one. I know, easy for me to say but I've done several KC pre-orders and always received what I ordered. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to fulfill all the orders. Especially these days where sprints seem to trickle out more than than they used to.
Thanks for the virtual pat on the back - I needed it! ;-) I'll definitely be bummed if it doesn't come through, but knowing Sal is working on other options definitely softens the blow. As an aside, last week I finally got a pakkawood df from KC that I preordered forever ago, so that's a good sign!
Hang in there JuPaul. I know it will come thru for you!!!
I got one at National Knives! *EDITED - Buying, selling, and trading is not allowed even as a kind gesture. - TazKristi*
Oops! Sorry, Kristi!
- Julia

Slash

Post by Slash »

Tarheelpwr wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:58 am
Just spoke to BladeHQ. They said they're going to build full inventory and announce a drop. The gentlemen expects late December. Sign up for the newsletter/IG/FB.
I don't understand. Please clarify what build full inventory means. Almost sounds like another run of a sprint which from my understanding of sprint runs is they only do 1.
Thanks
rickdarris2004

Post by rickdarris2004 »

Slash wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:01 pm
Tarheelpwr wrote:
I don't understand. Please clarify what build full inventory means. Almost sounds like another run of a sprint which from my understanding of sprint runs is they only do 1.
Thanks
I was wondering what this meant as well
jdw

Post by jdw »

Slash wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:01 pm
Tarheelpwr wrote:
Thanks
I'll give it a guess. This sprint run is trickling out in such slow intervals that it appears some dealers are receiving more than one shipment. BHQ is simply waiting until they have been informed that they have received their maximum number of allotted knives and then they will release them at a specific date and time. I have a hard time believing that it won't be until December however.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka