Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by Evil D »

Blade HQ just opened a lottery on their site.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bts327

Post by bts327 »

The link on their website doesn't seem to be working. Work for anybody else?
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

bts327 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:33 am
The link on their website doesn't seem to be working. Work for anybody else?
I got my name in. Maybe it crashed due to the number of people trying to enter! LOL
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:01 am
Blade HQ just opened a lottery on their site.
Yes, another good company to do business with.

I wonder if I'll get lucky with either DLT or BHQ? Unlikely on both counts, as every flipper in the world has probably signed up all their relatives in these lotteries.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
anycal

Post by anycal »

Anyone here got one from the DLT lottery, granted there were only 15 pieces? That one was supposed to pick winners yesterday.
Peter
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

anycal wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:53 am

Anyone here got one from the DLT lottery, granted there were only 15 pieces? That one was supposed to pick winners yesterday.

As JRinFL stated above, probably ever flipper in the world figured out a way to game the lottery system. It's like when I was in HS and my buddy got to shoot the half-time 3-pointer at the HS Basketball games like 10 times over the years because his dad would buy hundreds of dollars of the raffle tickets every game! Any peon with one entry doesn't stand a chance against the people who game the system.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
AMarkAbove

Post by AMarkAbove »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:01 pm
anycal wrote:

As JRinFL stated above, probably ever flipper in the world figured out a way to game the lottery system. It's like when I was in HS and my buddy got to shoot the half-time 3-pointer at the HS Basketball games like 10 times over the years because his dad would buy hundreds of dollars of the raffle tickets every game! Any peon with one entry doesn't stand a chance against the people who game the system.
I was a peon with one entry and I was able to purchase one through the lottery yesterday.
~Andrew
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

AMarkAbove wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:08 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
anycal wrote:

I was a peon with one entry and I was able to purchase one through the lottery yesterday.

Congrats! You beat the odds!!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

AMarkAbove wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:
anycal wrote:

Hey, winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Congrats. Glad one of got one. Enjoy it.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

AMarkAbove wrote:
Congratulations! Now quick, buy a PowerBall ticket while you are on a winning streak. :D
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Saw that BHQ posted a pic on IG. Are they about to drop?
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

ABX2011 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:56 pm
They’re doing a lottery next week I believe.
AMarkAbove

Post by AMarkAbove »

ABX2011 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:56 pm
They have a lottery running currently. I believe it's active until the 10th.
~Andrew
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Ugh... I am so opposed to the idea of lotteries. If this becomes the new trend I will be needing to reevaluate some things. I won’t be playing that game.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:27 pm
Ugh... I am so opposed to the idea of lotteries. If this becomes the new trend I will be needing to reevaluate some things. I won’t be playing that game.
You and me both pal.
I am sure they did it with the best intentions but it's not really the way to handle it IMO.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:32 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
You and me both pal.
I am sure they did it with the best intentions but it's not really the way to handle it IMO.
Let's say it is a limited amount. Such as this, where QTY of 1200 (?) goes to many dealers.

If I had to choose between a random, unknown drop date or the lottery, I'll take the lottery. Better chances for me personally, as I can't spend the amount of time required to possibly find one by refreshing a dealer page for hours a day.

On the other hand, if given a date and time of the drop, or the lottery, I'll take the known date and time.
Peter
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

My preference is a drop at specific time assuming that the dealer has

a. a server that handle it
b. has taken measures to prevent and cancel multiple orders
c has taken measures to prevent purchases from bots

if these conditions are met, I am confident in my ability to check out quickly enough to get a knife
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

I'm torn, not sure what the best option is to be honest.
JRinFL wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:45 am
I wonder if I'll get lucky with either DLT or BHQ? Unlikely on both counts, as every flipper in the world has probably signed up all their relatives in these lotteries.
Yeah, exactly. Not like you can't make new email addresses or aliases. :rolleyes: The honest folks won't do that, but you know that the flippers and similar ilk will absolutely have zero qualms about gaming the lottery.
bearfacedkiller wrote:
I hear you. The only thing is the lottery would keep flippers limited to one per entry, vs. loading carts where no purchase limits were placed.
Larry_Mott wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:32 pm
You and me both pal.
The only other thing I can think of to make it more fair would be to enter a shipping address with you lotto entry. While even that wouldn't necessarily stop multiple entries, it should surely slow it down.
anycal wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 pm
Let's say it is a limited amount. Such as this, where QTY of 1200 (?) goes to many dealers.

If I had to choose between a random, unknown drop date or the lottery, I'll take the lottery. Better chances for me personally, as I can't spend the amount of time required to possibly find one by refreshing a dealer page for hours a day.

On the other hand, if given a date and time of the drop, or the lottery, I'll take the known date and time.
Think I would choose the same. I'm pretty fast usually, lots of practice on Busse and Carothers offerings over the years ;), and I'd likely have been able to complete a purchase at a dealer if I'd have known when to be ready to do so. However, this also allows the flippers to do the same preparation (and their husband/wife, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, mother/father, cousins, dogs, and cats... :rolleyes:).
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
rbb2

Post by rbb2 »

AMarkAbove wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:
anycal wrote:

Well I guess that answers my somewhat lingering question on whether they did the "drawing" or not. I guess so.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the lottery system for this. I mean, I sort of get it, at least for these releases of something like 15 knives, but if they start moving to this for all of the exclusive/sprint drops, I'm going to be much less interested in them.

It's interesting that both DLT and BHQ used this method, though. I wonder if there were any "suggestions" passed down from above?
731chopper

Post by 731chopper »

I think it’d be best if Spyderco would create a system where us core enthusiasts could preorder a sprint run knife with Spyderco and we would assign an authorized Spyderco dealer to have the knife purchased through so we get the knife we want without the ridiculousness of flippers and the dealers still keep their opportunity to make money and build a relationship with their customer base.