Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Leader2light

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by Leader2light »

Does bladeHQ get more knives than other dealers?
Tarheelpwr

Post by Tarheelpwr »

This is also coming from the guy who answered the phone, so not sure if it's Gospel.

He said since they're the largest dealer (at least on this shipment), that it is taking Spyderco time to send the full allotment to them. They did not receive everything at once. They're waiting until everything trickles in. Once they have it all, they'll make an announcement (likely 1 week in advance) and sell them as 1 big lot. He indicated late December, so if I'm going to believe anything he said, I'm not sure I can call BS on any one thing specifically.

On the flip side, it could have ALL been BS. I'm just the messenger.
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Well, the Canadian dealer had 30, and they were gone in a blink of an eye. I failed. I'm really bad at this game. Another sprint lost.

I wouldn't mind having a Cru-Wear Military. Just throwing that out there. I wouldn't mind a Military in CPM 10V either.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mine arrived today. Nice piece! Thanks to Greg & Dylan at SNK!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Rickdarris,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Tarheelpwr wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:43 pm
Once they have it all, they'll make an announcement (likely 1 week in advance) and sell them as 1 big lot. He indicated late December...
If that's all true, then other dealers should be getting additional stock through that time as well, which would be good news.

All 4 of the dealers I've asked have indicated that they do not expect to receive any more, though.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Eric*the*Red

Post by Eric*the*Red »

FYI for anyone who preordered with SMKW. I had preordered the cruwear shaman from SMKW on 09/18/19. My credit card was billed that day for knife. I assumed that meant that I was going to receive the knife. Unfortunately I was notified yesterday by SMKW (via voicemail) that they were not getting any cruwear shamans in and that they would refund my credit card.
Leader2light

Post by Leader2light »

Happy for those that got one.

I seem to have missed out unless I get lucky with BladeHQ.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Eric"the"Red,

Welcome to our forum. Sorry about your experience with SMKW. There might be more going out, so you might still find one.

sal
Eric*the*Red

Post by Eric*the*Red »

Thank you very much Sal. I appreciate all that you do. Your knives are amazing. I will keep looking. The thrill of the hunt is exciting. 👍🏻
kirilpetkov

Post by kirilpetkov »

Eric*the*Red wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:23 am
FYI for anyone who preordered with SMKW. I had preordered the cruwear shaman from SMKW on 09/18/19. My credit card was billed that day for knife. I assumed that meant that I was going to receive the knife. Unfortunately I was notified yesterday by SMKW (via voicemail) that they were not getting any cruwear shamans in and that they would refund my credit card.
It is the same to me. I am very disappointed with Spyderco.
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

kirilpetkov wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 pm
Eric*the*Red wrote:
Why is Spyderco’s fault your order was cancelled. Maybe blame smkw for promising something they didn’t know for sure they could deliver. I didn’t place a pre order and had no problem snagging one when they dropped. The thrill of the chase is the most exciting part of the game we are all playing. Plenty of sprints I’ve missed out on but I’m not going to point fingers when we don’t have any of the facts trgarding quantities or guaranteed ship dates.
Last edited by mrtodd777 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

kirilpetkov wrote:
Eric*the*Red wrote:
I doubt Spyderco caused SMKW not to fulfill your order. More thank likely they oversold preorders and yours got bonked.

I'm baffled as to why that would cause you to be upset with Spyderco. :confused:

For the record, I would never order from SMKW. If you aren't buying in person, don't bother.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:46 pm
kirilpetkov wrote:
Eric*the*Red wrote:
I doubt Spyderco caused SMKW not to fulfill your order. More thank likely they oversold preorders and yours got bonked.

I'm baffled as to why that would cause you to be upset with Spyderco. :confused:

For the record, I would never order from SMKW. If you aren't buying in person, don't bother.
May as well blame Spyderco for the snow ruining trick-or-treating tonight while your at it...
ihped1

Post by ihped1 »

DLT receiving 15 tomorrow that will be available in a lottery.
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

How does a lottery work in that case?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

All I can do is shake my head after receiving their lottery email and all it has done is reinforce my dislike of the way things are being done.

Purposely not going to buy this model in protest.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Good luck to all in the lottery!!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

At least DLT Trading is attempting level the playing field to some extent. I applaud their efforts.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001