Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tarheelpwr
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby Tarheelpwr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:19 pm

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:08 pm

Tarheelpwr wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:02 am
You can't say what they're selling for is above market value. Above what you and I are willing to pay? Yes. But to be fair, if there is a buyer for each seller (which there seems to be), the market will set "fair value". It's simple supply and demand. Based on DLT's current note on the site, only 1 out of 50 interested people received one of these knives. So, even adjusting for other sites willing some demand, there are still LOTS of people still hoping to score one, myself included.

Honestly though, I just picked up a PD#1 mule team and plan on putting micarta scales on it. For my uses, that will get me what I need at a fraction of the cost.
Much above $208 and I'm out. See above. I have enough in my collection, and given the competition at the price point, I think anything over about $220 puts it up against a LOT of other folders that I might rather have. I like giving my money to a local company that I have liked for a LONG time, but the price increases are starting to get a little out of control IMO.
Again, I fully agree with what I'm willing to spend. It's a great combo, but I'm with you on buying something different for $320 + shipping.

All that being said, it still doesn't change what the MARKET value is. Economic theory does not care what you or I think.

User avatar
SpyderPhreak
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:29 am
Location: More than a mile high, CO!

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby SpyderPhreak » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:57 pm

Just missed it at Knives Ship Free. I happened to refresh their site, and it was in stock. I couldn't even get it into my cart in time before it went OOS... :mad:
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!

User avatar
SpyderPhreak
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:29 am
Location: More than a mile high, CO!

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby SpyderPhreak » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:58 pm

Tarheelpwr wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:19 pm
Again, I fully agree with what I'm willing to spend. It's a great combo, but I'm with you on buying something different for $320 + shipping.

All that being said, it still doesn't change what the MARKET value is. Economic theory does not care what you or I think.
True on both statements!
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby Enactive » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:21 pm

Quite pleased to have received the Crucarta Shaman!
IMAG3663sm.jpg
It is a nice specimen and so appreciative to have lucked out this time!
Last edited by Enactive on Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ABX2011
Member
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby ABX2011 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 pm

Nice photos and congrats!

Mm1313
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby Mm1313 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:37 pm

Just scored another one from New Graham Knives... Keep an eye out for National Knives, they're getting their shipment on Wed likely, Thursday at the latest.

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby Enactive » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:51 pm

ABX2011 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 pm
Nice photos and congrats!
Thank you.

brumledb
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby brumledb » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:49 pm

My KC preorder finally shipped today.

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby JuPaul » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 pm

brumledb wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:49 pm
My KC preorder finally shipped today.
Still nothing on mine...I'm not feeling optimistic.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 4968
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby Sharp Guy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:14 pm

Mm1313 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:37 pm
Just scored another one from New Graham Knives... Keep an eye out for National Knives, they're getting their shipment on Wed likely, Thursday at the latest.
I had been watching those two pretty closely. I didn't think they put 'em up for sale yet. I quit watching because one of the other dealers came through for me.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 4968
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby Sharp Guy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:19 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 pm
brumledb wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:49 pm
My KC preorder finally shipped today.
Still nothing on mine...I'm not feeling optimistic.
Hang in there JuPaul! I still think you'll get one. I know, easy for me to say but I've done several KC pre-orders and always received what I ordered. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to fulfill all the orders. Especially these days where sprints seem to trickle out more than they used to.
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby JuPaul » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:19 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 pm
brumledb wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:49 pm
My KC preorder finally shipped today.
Still nothing on mine...I'm not feeling optimistic.
Hang in there JuPaul! I still think you'll get one. I know, easy for me to say but I've done several KC pre-orders and always received what I ordered. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to fulfill all the orders. Especially these days where sprints seem to trickle out more than than they used to.
Thanks for the virtual pat on the back - I needed it! ;-) I'll definitely be bummed if it doesn't come through, but knowing Sal is working on other options definitely softens the blow. As an aside, last week I finally got a pakkawood df from KC that I preordered forever ago, so that's a good sign!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

Carlito555
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby Carlito555 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:54 pm

Got mine today, thanks to Mark at Southern Edges!!

elduderino04
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby elduderino04 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:20 am

Knives Plus came through in record time! With the help of its brother from BladeHQ we liberated the Crucarta from its cardboard cage. Now just moving the clip over for proper carry. The micarta is a huge improvement over the jade G10 and CF variants, giving just a bit more traction without being aggressive at all. Extremely well done, Sal and crew!

Also, I'm finding that natural micarta REALLY likes to soak up any errant lubricant and EDCI. :)

Image

SLOSpyder
Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 12:20 pm

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby SLOSpyder » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:35 am

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:31 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:19 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:06 pm
brumledb wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:49 pm
My KC preorder finally shipped today.
Still nothing on mine...I'm not feeling optimistic.
Hang in there JuPaul! I still think you'll get one. I know, easy for me to say but I've done several KC pre-orders and always received what I ordered. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to fulfill all the orders. Especially these days where sprints seem to trickle out more than than they used to.
Thanks for the virtual pat on the back - I needed it! ;-) I'll definitely be bummed if it doesn't come through, but knowing Sal is working on other options definitely softens the blow. As an aside, last week I finally got a pakkawood df from KC that I preordered forever ago, so that's a good sign!
Hang in there JuPaul. I know it will come thru for you!!!

bts327
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:15 am

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby bts327 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:09 am

One in stock at Country Knives... for $320. I REALLY want this knife, but I refuse to pay above the retail price.

Leader2light
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:24 am

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby Leader2light » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:16 am

bts327 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:09 am
One in stock at Country Knives... for $320. I REALLY want this knife, but I refuse to pay above the retail price.
Agreed. I love it, but I would rather buy something else if I am going to have to pay $100 over retail.

User avatar
attila
Member
Posts: 1121
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby attila » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 am

FYI, $320 is the MSRP, i.e. the retail price. 65% of that, or $208 in this case, is the MAP. That stands for "minimum advertised price", and is set by Spyderco for their authorized dealers.

Paying the full suggested retail price is definitely a hard pill to swallow, but it's worth it to some people (not to me).

Just keep hope and keep checking this and the "alert" thread as well as retailers that say they haven't sold all of their expected allotment.

Good luck
Own: VG-10 Delica, Old S30V Native, modified Breeden Rescue, VG-10 Delica, HAP40 Endura, ZDP-189 Dragonfly, S110V Manix 2 LW,Pakkawood Delica, Cruwear Para 3, SE H1 Dragonfly, M4 Manix 2, HAP40 Caly 3, smooth G10 S90V Native, K390 Urban, Pakkawood Dragonfly, smooth G10 Cruwear PM2, SE Pacific Salt, HAP40 Jazzlica, Blurple Native, P.I.T.S., DLC Manix 2, REX 45 PM2, REX 45 Para 3, XHP Manix 2 LW, Superblue Caly 3, DLT 20CV PM2, Rhino, SB Calypso Jr., B70P, PMA11, K03, G10 ZDP-189 Stretch 2, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix 2 LW, KW 204p PM2, Swick, Supergold Delica, back lock Lil'Native, AEB-L Urban, HAP40 Stretch, smooth G10 Cruwear Manix 2, Cruwear Military, M390 PM2, Cruwear Delica, CPM 4V Lil'Native, Mantra 2, Cru-Carta Shaman, M390 Para 3 LW, M390 Manix 2 , K390 Police 4.

Waiting for: K490, Swick 5, and something purple
.

bts327
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:15 am

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby bts327 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:57 am

attila wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 am
FYI, $320 is the MSRP, i.e. the retail price. 65% of that, or $208 in this case, is the MAP. That stands for "minimum advertised price", and is set by Spyderco for their authorized dealers.

Paying the full suggested retail price is definitely a hard pill to swallow, but it's worth it to some people (not to me).

Just keep hope and keep checking this and the "alert" thread as well as retailers that say they haven't sold all of their expected allotment.

Good luck
Ahh, thanks for that info. Good to know.

Leader2light
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:24 am

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Postby Leader2light » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:14 am

Still no word from BladeHQ other than "Soon". I emailed them last week.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 013, attila, AwayFromMySpydieHole, Bing [Bot], elena86, Google [Bot], JuPaul, MSN [Bot], northmanscall, Shaggy Dog, vvs and 23 guests