Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
termite

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by termite »

The natives are getting restless! Thanks for allaying their anxiety, Sal! :)
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

sal wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:58 pm
Try to understand that when we build a run of a model, we have no idea what the reaction will be or how well they're be received.
these pieces are started close to a year before they finally come out. Sometimes, they do well, like this one. Sometimes they don't and we end up sitting on inventory. Based on the reaction to the Cruwear Shaman, I'm sure we'll build more, maybe in a different color. I might add that there at lease 4 Shaman exclusives that I know of in-the-works.

sal
In which steels will those be? I saw some talk about a REX 45 rosewood.

It is great that the shaman model is finally getting some well deserved attention and sales to go with it!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

sal wrote:
Try to understand that when we build a run of a model, we have no idea what the reaction will be or how well they're be received.
these pieces are started close to a year before they finally come out. Sometimes, they do well, like this one. Sometimes they don't and we end up sitting on inventory. Based on the reaction to the Cruwear Shaman, I'm sure we'll build more, maybe in a different color. I might add that there at lease 4 Shaman exclusives that I know of in-the-works.

sal

I think it's a safe bet. There was a time when I made so many posts asking for a Shaman or Sliverax sprint that my phone would auto predict "Shaman or Sliverax" because I typed it so many times. I still wish the Sliverax got more love but I'm happy to see the Shaman getting some love. Next on the list is a black scale Caribbean 😉
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

jdw wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:43 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:35 pm
Have missed plenty of these runs and exclusives but I don't come here whining about it..a lot of you sound like whiny little 2 year olds..wahhh mommy I didn't get the lollipop I wanted..
Get along with people much?
"Getting along" doesn't have anything to do with it..coming here and criticizing Spyderco about how they run their company has everything to do with it.

Also trying to tell them how and what they should be doing also isn't cool.

I'm amazed sometimes that they haven't got tired of all the whining and moaning over sprint runs and chucked the whole sprint run program.
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

sal wrote:

sal

Thank you much, Sal. You know, we do love you. It's just that sometimes buyer frustration, turns into 'what-ifs', and second guessing.

Mine did arrive today. I must say, that this brown canvas micarta, is perfection for me. I've had a couple of custom knives made for me, and this handle material, is always my first choice. Well done Sir! :spyder:

I do wonder though. How many Dealers have been added to the Spyderco Network, since the 1200-1500 piece runs size had been decided upon?

We look forward to what comes next.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

ooooo, 4 exclusives in the works...... O_O
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:11 pm
I think it's a safe bet. There was a time when I made so many posts asking for a Shaman or Sliverax sprint that my phone would auto predict "Shaman or Sliverax" because I typed it so many times. I still wish the Sliverax got more love but I'm happy to see the Shaman getting some love. Next on the list is a black scale Caribbean 😉
I had a friend from back home in town last weekend. He has several knives including a few Spyderco models. I showed him my Sliverax when I picked him up from the airport. Later he got to see most of my collection. He kept going back to the Sliverax which kind of surprised me. He sent me a text asking me about it again this week. He said that's the only one that interested him and he'll be buying one. Not sure why that surprises me but it does. It's become one of my most carried models and I'd love to see a sprint or exclusive run.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
attila

Post by attila »

sal wrote:

sal
Thank you for the helpful reply!

Are the 4 you mention strictly exclusives, or is one or more of these 4 another sprint run?

Thanks again.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

Debating if I should cancel my pre order at knife center
Monty

Post by Monty »

There's 9 available from a seller on ebay
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:

sal

Awesome to hear. Whether they be sprints or exclusives or full production, I think it will be hard to make enough to meet the demand for this model for many years. I think you will see a lot of new customers cross over from the fixed blade community who are very familiar with micarta handles and tougher steels, but have never seen this combo in a stout folder like this before. It is honestly a revolutionary knife in my mind and the most exciting thing I have seen come out of Golden to date. Amazing job Sal. Thank you again for making this happen! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Catamount123 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:11 pm
KnifeCenter is shipping preorders. I got in pretty early, and mine is on its way.
So when did you get your pre-order in? I placed mine about an hour after they send out the pre-order email. Just wondering if I should trust this pre-order...I definitely don't want to pay for two.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

Same here
Monty

Post by Monty »

Monty wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:48 pm
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

I got a message from knife center saying I’m in good hands it’s still being processed did I miss it
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Monty wrote:

Get on this guys! Looks like an authorized dealer with 100% feedback! What are you waiting for?? 3 left!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
sal

Post by sal »

SteveMidwest wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:35 pm
sal wrote:

sal
I do wonder though. How many Dealers have been added to the Spyderco Network, since the 1200-1500 piece runs size had been decided upon?

We look forward to what comes next.

Hi Steve,

We are considering making larger runs on Sprints.

sal
Monty

Post by Monty »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:57 pm
Monty wrote:

Get on this guys! Looks like an authorized dealer with 100% feedback! What are you waiting for?? 3 left!
It was 10 before I posted :D
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

I grabbed one . I’m going to cancel at knife center
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Monty wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:58 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:57 pm
Monty wrote:

It was 10 before I posted :D

Glad you got one! They gone now! :eek: