Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

crazywednesday wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:42 pm
Seriously, if this is as big a deal as we think, there will be more.
The very definition of a Spyderco “sprint” run is one run and done — no repeats, no re-issues. If there’s 1200 pieces, that’s it. Get one while you can.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:09 pm
SteveMidwest wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:57 pm

Well, I know that Sal has said that "they have only been shipped to collectors and Premieres." so far. But a fact remains. If each Spyderco Dealer on the map get only about 5 knives each. That's it. They'll all be gone.

Not to pick on Blade HQ, but they seem to be the biggest culprit. How can they still have a "Email Me When Available" up? They surely have to be a Premier Dealer, right? Maybe I misunderstand the meaning of "Premier"? I have to think that they've gotten their 5 or 8, or whatever pieces already, and they are all sold out. So why keep the "Email Me" sign up?

Which also just happens to bring me to thinking about the Blade HQ "Pre-Order Down Payment" of the Spyderco Emphasis Liner Lock Knife Black G-10 (3.61" Satin) C245GP. Which has been up nearly all year. If they take say 25 pre-orders, and 20 knives come in on the first shipment (which is a lot, for a single shipment/single dealer) People coming back to that page for days or weeks afterwords, will have no idea what's going on, or if any of this model has been shipped in yet. They'll just continue to see a Pre-Order. So their first thought is, none have been available yet. No way to know, there on that page, at that moment. That 20 did come in, but it wasn't enough to fill all Pre-Orders. So the Pre-Order remains up.
I expected to wake up and find them all sold out. I think what Sal said makes it all worse. Now we don’t know who or when to get these. They’ll show up and be gone in about 5 seconds. This would’ve been better as a dealer exclusive. Disappointing.
Relax guys. I've seen where people complain that a dealer exclusive wasn't a sprint run. They'll never please everyone. People get anxious every time there's a desirable sprint run. Just keep your eye on your favorite dealers and this thread when you know you they're starting to drop. A little effort will greatly increase your chances of getting one. I've never missed getting a sprint run knife that I wanted but this may end up being the first time I miss due to being pretty busy at work. If I end up not getting one for whatever reason it's not the end of the world. I guarantee there'll be some other great knife coming.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
kirilpetkov

Post by kirilpetkov »

animportant

Post by animportant »

If you guys really want one that bad - you'll get one. Relax. If you end up paying a little above retail for something you want THIS bad is it the end of the world? There will be plenty up on forums and the bay soon. I think people need to open their eyes to the idea that part of the reason you want this knife THIS bad is because you know you might not be able to get it. If it was a regular production knife, sure you might buy it, but you probably wouldn't be going this crazy. Spyderco is a company and this is part of the marketing - sprints create hype. Sign up for emails from every site - best of luck! This is all part of the game of knife collecting if this is something you're into. You could always buy an s30v Shaman - it's this whole experience that adds to the desire for this particular run.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

All we want to do is buy a $200+ dollar knife that many of us said we wanted. Why do we need to perform like circus animals in order to do this? Many companies would make sure someone willing to spend this amount of money on a "luxury"* item would make it easy to do. After all, you want to capture the dollars before another company does, right?

*Luxury in that we most likely have multiple user knives already. Excess is a luxury.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
jacala

Post by jacala »

Some of us (including me) are just playing a game. Maybe we're all fish and these Sprints are the bait on the end of a line !!
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

animportant wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:49 am
If you guys really want one that bad - you'll get one. Relax. If you end up paying a little above retail for something you want THIS bad is it the end of the world? There will be plenty up on forums and the bay soon. I think people need to open their eyes to the idea that part of the reason you want this knife THIS bad is because you know you might not be able to get it. If it was a regular production knife, sure you might buy it, but you probably wouldn't be going this crazy. Spyderco is a company and this is part of the marketing - sprints create hype. Sign up for emails from every site - best of luck! This is all part of the game of knife collecting if this is something you're into. You could always buy an s30v Shaman - it's this whole experience that adds to the desire for this particular run.
"There's always the bay"

Hilarious.

I lost hope in all limited edition knives. No longer stressed, I just look at them as a pipe dream, or a mirage. Spyderco has plenty of regular production options for my needs, as do a few other companies.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:47 pm
crazywednesday wrote:
The very definition of a Spyderco “sprint” run is one run and done — no repeats, no re-issues. If there’s 1200 pieces, that’s it. Get one while you can.
They would only need to change the color of the micarta and boom, new product but same product.
Justin
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

crazywednesday wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:31 am
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
crazywednesday wrote:
They would only need to change the color of the micarta and boom, new product but same product.
I don't think they'd do Cruwear again in a Shaman sprint.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:40 am
crazywednesday wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
crazywednesday wrote:

Nothing stopping a dealer who likes to make money from doing 1200 DLC and 1200 Satin Cruwear Micarta Shamans in Denim, Burgundy, or Green Micarta.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Just got mine in from BladeOps. Kudos to BladeOps for the lightning fast shipping and hats off to Sal for bringing us this amazing piece! Well worth the wait! I'm so glad they choose to keep the Micarta matte and not smooth polished. It feels great in the hand and looks amazing! I hope all of you are able to get one when they start hitting dealers for real.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

The FOMO is thick in this thread, and I am not immune.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

Its obvious that that there is a great demand for this product.
Blue Falcon flippers keep us loyal Spyderco fans from getting one.
Just once …. (or a couple of more times), I would like to see an increase in in supply in these Srint runs so us fans could get one.
And hopefully all these flippers will be holding their bag.
Even with the increase in numbers I don't think the retailers will have a problem selling the knives,
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:44 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:40 am
crazywednesday wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:

Nothing stopping a dealer who likes to make money from doing 1200 DLC and 1200 Satin Cruwear Micarta Shamans in Denim, Burgundy, or Green Micarta.
Those wouldn't be SPRINT runs. They would be dealer or distributor exclusives and would be subject to approval from Spyderco
jdw

Post by jdw »

You would think that whatever company Moteng has become would be all over this since they do most of the Earth Brown scales. They are pushing out the M2 with M390, it would be cool to see the same treatment for the Shaman. I realize that it's not Cruwear but it would be a lot easier to buy.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

W7H2O wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am

Its obvious that that there is a great demand for this product.
Blue Falcon flippers keep us loyal Spyderco fans from getting one.
Just once …. (or a couple of more times), I would like to see an increase in in supply in these Srint runs so us fans could get one.
And hopefully all these flippers will be holding their bag.
Even with the increase in numbers I don't think the retailers will have a problem selling the knives,

I see Sprints as kind of a proof of concept. Most do great and yes, they can be hard to get. Some don't and sit around forever. If a sprint does well like this one and the recent Rex45 models from last year, that is a green light to dealers to ink some deals on exclusives. Sure they can't do the EXACT same model as the sprint, but they can change the scale color and sell 1200 or even 2400 per run for many many runs eventually meeting all of the demand. Just sucks having to wait another year or more for that to happen.

I also don't see flippers getting many of these. It's going to take a lot of time and dedication of checking forums, refreshing dealer sites, etc to be in the right place at the right time. That's a lot of work to make a small amount of money. It is MUCH easier for a flipper to grab exclusives at a pre-determined drop time/date.
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:36 am
All we want to do is buy a $200+ dollar knife that many of us said we wanted. Why do we need to perform like circus animals in order to do this? Many companies would make sure someone willing to spend this amount of money on a "luxury"* item would make it easy to do. After all, you want to capture the dollars before another company does, right?

*Luxury in that we most likely have multiple user knives already. Excess is a luxury.
They aren’t missing out on any money at all, every single one that hits the market will be sold. It just might not be to you. Spyderco did bring to market something many people said they wanted, and they brought it to market in their normal sprint format. It’s those who camp out at their computer that turn it into a circus. If you want to get a “luxury” knife that is exactly what you ask for and be guaranteed to get it, there’s a custom maker than will gladly do that for you.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
blues

Post by blues »

I'm just happy I got the M4 version from another forum member who had tastefully dyed the covers blue. That has relieved me of any anxiety about obtaining this particular unicorn, especially since I have a couple others in Cru-Wear already, (PM2 / PM3).

Hope one of you gets the one I'd otherwise be clamoring for.
- Retired from the chase -
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

Available to order from SMKW currently.
Edit: gone
Monty

Post by Monty »

nope, sold out before I could check out