Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bts327

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by bts327 »

Let me add it to the cart, followed by an endless loading page at checkout, then OOS. Great.
bts327

Post by bts327 »

Repost
Last edited by bts327 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:51 am
buccilli15 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:47 am
in stock @ Knifeworks! Go go go!!
Sold out! :(
You must have just missed it. :mad: The were in stock, from what I saw, for only a few minutes.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I pre-ordered and paid in full from an online shop, but now the product has been pulled entirely from the site. Why do we have to constantly jump through hoops just to buy a product we said we would buy in the first place? Cru-wear is ever popular, but all we get are short run exclusives or sprints. :confused:
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
jdw

Post by jdw »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:03 am
I pre-ordered and paid in full from an online shop, but now the product has been pulled entirely from the site. Why do we have to constantly jump through hoops just to buy a product we said we would buy in the first place? Cru-wear is ever popular, but all we get are short run exclusives or sprints. :confused:
I blame flippers for the product crunch. But I agree with you that if Spyderco would offer a regular production run of Cruwear it would relieve some of this frantic searching for a simple frigging knife. It's frustrating.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I have rarely had to try so hard to give someone $200. I would be pretty easy to find if you want to give me $200.
Last edited by jdw on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Definitely time for production Cruwear. The proof of concept has been well established with the success of the sprints and exclusives. Why not bring out some production models?? Shaman, Chief, Manix XL, Manix LW, Native LW, Linered G10 Native, and G10 Manix. A new G10 color like semi-translucent smoke?? Maybe 2020 is the year??
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

I would agree that Cruwear could be a production steel (if supply allows). They have S110V and Maxamet as regular offerings which I would have expected to be sprint runs or exclusives.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

FullFlatMind wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 am

I would agree that Cruwear could be a production steel (if supply allows). They have S110V and Maxamet as regular offerings which I would have expected to be sprint runs or exclusives.

Yep, I agree. I feel those two are better suited to sprints / exclusives as steels at the extreme end of the spectrum, where Cruwear is an extremely well rounded steel that should suit almost everyone except maybe the wear resistance extremists.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:45 am
FullFlatMind wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 am

Yep, I agree. I feel those two are better suited to sprints / exclusives as steels at the extreme end of the spectrum, where Cruwear is an extremely well rounded steel that should suit almost everyone except maybe the wear resistance extremists.
I also agree that Cruwear should be a production steel. I suspect that Spyderco might think that it is 'too similar' to S30v, but not stainless, for it to be a production steel. I could pretty happily get by with 'just' LC200n and CruWear.
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Last edited by SLOSpyder on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JRinFL wrote:
Was that from Knife Center? I did the same, and see it's not even on their site now. I'm hoping that just means they only got enough to fill pre-orders...did you get an email saying otherwise?
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Monty

Post by Monty »

I really wish this was a dealer exclusive. Having no idea how many stores this shipped to, where to look, when it's going to actually go up for sale is just frustrating. Coming back to see this went up one place an hour ago and sold out in seconds completely kills it for me. I wonder how many of these went to store employees and friends who either got ahead of the sale or knew exactly when it would go up.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:10 am
JRinFL wrote:
Was that from Knife Center? I did the same, and see it's not even on their site now. I'm hoping that just means they only got enough to fill pre-orders...did you get an email saying otherwise?
Mine was from another shop. Knifecenter pulled their pre-order before I even knew it was on the site. They have learned not to over sell on their pre-orders so you should be good.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

I emailed KC already. The lady that responded promptly said they had enough for preorders only.
Last edited by SLOSpyder on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:19 am
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:10 am
JRinFL wrote:
Mine was from another shop. Knifecenter pulled their pre-order before I even knew it was on the site. They have learned not to over sell on their pre-orders so you should be good.
Thanks. I'm sorry yours hasn't gone so well...fingers crossed for you!
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:19 am
I emailed KC already. The lady that responded promptly said they had enough for preorders only.

Welp. I’ve been awake for 20 hours and have to get up in 4 to go back to work. Congrats to all of you who happened to get one.
Thanks for passing on that info. It's so hard to wait patiently to get that pre-order shipping notice! I bet they're all gonna start popping up in the next few hours...you'll get one!
- Julia

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

All I can say is that if I was a dealer I'd be on the phone with Spyderco inking a deal for a Cruwear Shaman in a different color Micarta, and i'd run 1200 DLC and 1200 Satin. Denim, Burgundy, or Green Micarta would technically be different from the sprint, and could be done as an exclusive without breaking the one and done sprint rule. There have been plenty of exclusives that are exclusives only in scale color.
Last edited by steelcity16 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:37 am
All I can say is if I was a dealer I'd be on the phone with Spyderco inking a deal for a Cruwear Shaman in a different color Micarta. Denim, Burgundy, or Green Micarta would be different from the sprint and could be done as an exclusive without breaking the one and done sprint rule. There have been plenty of exclusives that are exclusives only in scale color.
Yes, and hopefully already in the works. Sal has mentioned on at least a couple occasions that there are other exclusives in the works. Hopefully more Cruwear models in the pipeline-- maybe even with micarta handles.
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

I dont know if I can trust my kc pre order??? May have to try to buy thru another vendor too
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Carlito555 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:59 am
I dont know if I can trust my kc pre order??? May have to try to buy thru another vendor too
SLOspider wrote: "I emailed KC already. The lady that responded promptly said they had enough for preorders only." Hopefully this means all the pre-orders will be filled. But yeah, it's very hard to wait and trust...only thing stopping me from jumping somewhere else is knowing how many other people want one of these.
- Julia