how to know when a sprint will be released?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
runrin

how to know when a sprint will be released?

Post by runrin »

i own a few spydies, but never grabbed any sprint runs. what is the proper protocol to make sure i don't miss the upcoming micarta/cruwear shaman release? is watching twitter enough?

also curious how crazy things get. im sure there are a ton of people who just buy them up to make a quick buck reselling them. does anyone know about how quickly they tend to sell out? have you missed grabbing one that you wanted even if you were waiting on the site at the time of a release?

sorry if this has been asked already. i searched the forum and couldn't find anything concrete.
jabba359

Re: how to know when a sprint will be released?

Post by jabba359 »

Keeping an eye on the forum here is a pretty good way. Usually as soon as something becomes available, it gets shared on here. As for selling out, I'd guess this one will go pretty quickly. I'm talking hours (or less), not days for any given store. But since it's a sprint run, it will arrive at different stores and get posted on their sites at different times and may arrive in multiple batches, so there should be various short windows of opportunity to get one.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Watch the forum.
Search eBay (collector club knives show up there first)

Be quick with the debit card. This one will be going quick.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Joey

Post by Joey »

Definitely lots of information to be had regarding sprints, here.
I missed the 4V Shaman somehow. I was about 1 single minute late with my CC information, and by the time I clicked “submit”, they had sold out. Luckily, I have since found one for retail price. Point is, sometimes you don’t even have a chance.
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

Someone on the forum will usually start a thread on an upcoming sprint. Click the wrench at the top of the thread and click "Subscribe topic" to that thread to get email updates. Sit back and relax.

The members of this forum are crazy good at alerting the rest of us when an item is in stock and where.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

eRoc wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:33 am
Someone on the forum will usually start a thread on an upcoming sprint. Click the wrench at the top of the thread and click "Subscribe topic" to that thread to get email updates. Sit back and relax.

The members of this forum are crazy good at alerting the rest of us when an item is in stock and where.
This

Has worked many times for me
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
vivi

Post by vivi »

Watch the forum. I missed out on a few sprints I would have liked back when I wasn't as active here.
:unicorn
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Just to add to what has already been said, this forum is one of the best (if not THE best) sources of information for upcoming Spydie releases! And again, to reiterate what has already been said, the Cruwear Shaman is going to go like the speed of light, as in possibly within seconds, so get ready!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

More well-known dealers like Blade HQ and Knife Center will sell out faster, so definitely sign up for email and/or text alerts for the sprint you want at smaller/less well-known dealers like KnivesShipFree, KnifeJoy, New Graham Knives, Rivers Edge Cutlery, etc. Usually for a sprint like the shaman they will have a page up for the item before they have it stock, and you sign up for alerts there.

And as others have said, watch the forum! We've heard on here that spyderco hopes to release this Shaman in or around November.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

The Spyderco app will push updates when knives are available, but I believe this is for the SFO. Once I get that notification, I start to be more vigilant on here and at the retailer sites.
Ric

Post by Ric »

Watch the forum biweekly (caution: addictive :D ) and watch the site of your knife dealer biweekly / monthly.