Have you found the one?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Have you found the perfect Spyderco for you?

Yes
51%
No
27%
Other
23%

Total votes: 97

Ez556

Re: Have you found the one?

Post by Ez556 »

I just got in my Cruwear Shaman and I’ve gotta tell you... it might just give my Manix LW a run for its money! I still think the Manix is the more “versatile” knife being lighter weight and more stain resistant, but man... that Shaman!
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Yes, just ordered my seventh one.... lucky number. It's going to get a pointy tip like all his brothers :eek:

Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Shaman for me - it covers the majority of my needs just fine. There are edge cases where other blades work better, but for my hands and uses, it's perfect.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

I can't say that I've found "The One" but I could definitely be very happy with three: Manix 2 (LW or G10), Pacific Salt SE, and the Chaparral LW. I still love the PM2, Caribbean, and now the Kapara. I look forward to adding the Shaman and it's possible that it will make the top 3.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Meh, tastes change over time so there could never be only one. I also have a few diverse hobbies and have made a few career changes. Since both my tastes and needs change over time I can not find “the one”.

That said, my Cruwear Military, Super Blue Delica, Maxamet Native5 and Crucarta Shaman are currently all “the ones”. However, if I lost any of them life would go on and another knife would quickly fill the void. There are too many awesome knives out there to zero in on just one.

This might be blasphemy but I am not a Pacific Salt fan and I am even less of a fan of the Endura so the Pacific Salt2 is a giant NO from me.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
PStone

Post by PStone »

I voted other. For me, it’s toss up between my Fluted cf Maxamet Native and the Wolfspyder.
Baron Mind

Post by Baron Mind »

I'm sure this won't last forever, but for my current lifestyle and preferences, the Spyderco Brouwer is the one. Never really had a knife "fit like a glove" before this. I happen to love the plain aesthetic, the titanium framelock, the color of the g10, the weight, the smaller size. S30v while not my favorite, is a good fit for this design, and plenty adequate. No deep carry clip for me either. While it sort of looks out of place, and I'd prefer deeper carry, the ergonomically the stock clip works perfectly.
Last edited by Baron Mind on Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

S110v military is “the one” for me. It is the perfect folder 95% of the time. But I will still buy who knows how many more Spydercos , carrying them a little while them throwing the military back in the pocket.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Changing my answer to a maybe.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

Police 4= "The"#1
Baron Mind

Post by Baron Mind »

marty_bill_ wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:30 pm
Police 4= "The"#1
If I had to pick 2, I might pick my P4 along with my Brouwer.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:51 am

I voted yes because i've been through many phases of likes/dislikes over the years and lots of buying/trying/selling trying to find the one. The Cruwear Delica is about as good as its gonna get for me I think. A nice strong FRN backlock with my favorite blade steel. I still haven't tried an Endela, Endura, Stretch Straight Spine, or Police LW, so if there are Cruwear exclusives of any of those, they may very well replace my current "the one". But for now, the Cruwear Delica is my soulmate.

Update: I have now found "the two"! The Cruwear Shaman and Cruwear Delica are my perfect pair and I think I can die happy. I also have a Delta 3V Carothers HDFK arriving today to fill "the one" fixed blade role. I can't imagine a better trifecta than this! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
dan31

Post by dan31 »

Delica 4 Superblue. I try other knives but the Delica is just a great edc. I have a CRK Sebenza 21 w/micarta sitting in a box waiting for Christmas. I’m guessing the Delica will still be my favorite.

I just ordered an Endela Spyderedge. I could not resist.
Last edited by dan31 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Done
Last edited by BLUETYPEII on Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:24 pm

I’m seeing a few of these on the forum, or maybe it’s just yours multiple times :D
Is this an exclusive or sprint?... and who sold it?

Please enlighten me. Thanks!

It's the third in a series of exclusives from St Nick's Knives (Alabama). The first two were a Para 3 and Lil Native, both in red G-10 and DLC coated, CPM 4V blades.
Most likely there will be more Golden models to come in this configuration. I'm hoping for a Military.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Kyle8734

Post by Kyle8734 »

The M390 Delica I just had rockwell tested which hit for 61.8 Even tho it is a smaller knife and far from the most heavy duty folder i own I really like the knife all together. Good ergos-for me at least, super lightweight, excellent backlock, good corrosion resistance. Runner up would either be my LC200N Native or my M4 Para 3.
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

The PM2 for me, especially in SpyderEdge.

T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

Kels73 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm
The PM2 for me, especially in SpyderEdge.

I sold my pm2 after getting a military but if I do get another one it will be spyderedged for sure.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

NO!
Waiting for a Brouwer in CTS-XHP. :)
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:00 pm
Update: I have now found "the two"!