Folding knife as a neck knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SaltSerious

Folding knife as a neck knife

Post by SaltSerious »

I've been using my dragonfly salt SE as a neck knife for awhile now attached to a metal beaded break away chain. Anybody else out there do something similar? I attach the chain around the pocket clip that way I can remove quickly and still attach to the pocket if I'd like to.
Evil D

Re: Folding knife as a neck knife

Post by Evil D »

I would over tighten the pivot just a bit. I'd be extra concerned about it opening while hanging from my neck... regardless of what lock type it has.

Another (safer) alternative is having a kydex sheath made for it. This way it's prevented from opening and you don't have anything attached to the knife once it's drawn from the sheath.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I have a ladybug in a kydex sheath. Very handy sometimes.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

There’s a guy on fleabay that sells a kydex sheath for neck carry of a Dragonfly that opens the knife when it is pulled out.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
BOHAWG

Post by BOHAWG »

I carried an Endura Wave for years as a neck knife. Had a guy in Ohio fashion me a kydex sheath hanging from Parachute cord
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

I never liked neck carry,and i don't understand why would anyone do it.In public,you will have to wear it under clothes if you don't want to be looked at like a crazy person,which makes real hard to acces the knife.While hunting,hiking,etc.there are so many better carry options,and you don't want a knife dangling round your neck if you run,or trip and fall.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.