I'm surprised at the lack of Maxamet lovers...
1) 1095: Why? Cause I can literally sharpen my knife on a rock down by the river like a real man! lol. Seriously will there be fancy diamond sharpening rods in the apocalypse? Gonna be able to carry around a lansky while fighting zombies?
There's tons of Antique knives made from 1095 or a similar carbon steel that simply have passed the test of time. Plus being a spring steel it's harder to snap prying something. And not only that, you don't have to waste cider to patina it...Just wait a week and it patina's it self.
2) CTS XHP: It's like a stainless version of D2!!! You literally get the best of both worlds!
3) M390: I don't actually own any M390 but I've seen the hype train whiz by, and I WANT to own something with M390!!!
Are we also allowed to say what our least fav steels are?
1) CTS-BD1: People want to pretend that this is somehow a exotic budget steel but it really is not. Every CTS-BD1 I've owned I found it to dull quicker then steels like Aus8. It also doesn't seem to take a good edge through sharpening
2) S110V: Own two with it and I just feel like it's too brittle. It's probably great if you are cutting the same thing all day, but I for some reason don't trust it not to crack or snap. But this is a gut feeling and probably baseless.
3) Insert any low end steel like 420HC, or 8cr13mov