I've been carrying my new spydiechef for most of today (after carrying my shaman to the barn early this morning to re-wrap my horse's injured hoof). Not sure if I think the ergos can beat the shaman's, which feel awesome even in my smaller hands, but I agree with you they're still surprisingly great for a kind of boxy looking handle. I'm with you on the frame lock, too - it'll just never be my favorite lock, but I deal with it on my titanium knives and on most flippers. I also like the black hardware and with the medium gray scales and the lighter wire clip, it kindof has a cool tri-tone effect. So far, I really enjoy it and I'm just about to prep dinner with it.ZrowsN1s wrote: ↑Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:14 pmJust recieved my new Spydiechef. My straight out of the box hot take on the knife is this....
1. Great ergos. Fits perfect in hand for thumb or index finger on the spine of the blade. This may dethrone the Shaman for best ergos (too early to say). Love how thin the handle is too, great weight.
2. Black hardware looks good.
3. I'm still not a huge fan of Liner/Frame locks
4. The angle of the pocket clip is annoying, I feel like I'd rather have the lanyard hole in a different spot or no lanyard hole and have better pocket clip placement.
5. I can tell I'm going to like this knife a lot, I expect it will see heavy use.