cruwear dragonfly, brouwer and lil native

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rabbitanarchy14

cruwear dragonfly, brouwer and lil native

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i am very interested in cruwear. and i am sure that if we keep making threads asking for it and keep posting that we want it, they will probably make them. they did it with the delica.
so here is my plea for more cruwear, in a dragonfly and brouwer and para 3s and lil native compression lock
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
JuPaul

Re: cruwear dragonfly and brouwer

Post by JuPaul »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:21 am
i am very interested in cruwear. and i am sure that if we keep making threads asking for it and keep posting that we want it, they will probably make them. they did it with the delica.
so here is my plea for more cruwear, in a dragonfly and brouwer and para 3s
I'll second that. I'd like a smock also, please. :p
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
aaronkb

Re: cruwear dragonfly, brouwer and lil native

Post by aaronkb »

I really wanna get my hands on a good lil native sprint ever since missing the 4v run... the model appeals to me but s30v just doesn’t, I’d love a cruwear version.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Lil Native and Dragonfly are so small, they really don't NEED all these super steels. Always find it weird when tiny knives get that treatment. Its like adding a lift kit and big tires to an S10...doesn't make sense.

I agree with JuPaul...ready for some Smock sprints/exclusives!! Such a great knife. Easily sells out production models..a Cruwear sprint would sell out in seconds!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Cruwear Lil Native....YES!
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I would be interested in a Lil Native backlock and Dragonfly.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Joey

Post by Joey »

The poor Brouwer never gets love. I’m fine with S30V but I’d buy another in Cruwear! I have come to enjoy the forest green G10, but a Brouwer with another color/steel combo would be slick. Maybe some DLC :cool:
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

Joey wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:07 am
The poor Brouwer never gets love. I’m fine with S30V but I’d buy another in Cruwear! I have come to enjoy the forest green G10, but a Brouwer with another color/steel combo would be slick. Maybe some DLC :cool:
I agree. I would even go as far as say I would be ok with them swapping the titanium for a stainless liner lock and g10 to get price down. I guess I mostly like the shape.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:00 am
I would love a lil' native backlock. Definite buy unless it sold out before I could get one.

I'm not sure about the dragonfly. I have quite a few already and I don't think I use my dragonflies hard enough to take advantage of the toughness of cruwear. I'd probably pass unless it was in a cool scale material (I have a weakness for wood and micarta).

The brouwer I would probably only be interested if they cqi the clip placement. I really like that knife but jeeze half of the thing hangs out of your pocket with a stock clip (and adding an aftermarket clip makes the value proposition go from "not the best value" to "hahaha, no way".
HammerHill

Post by HammerHill »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:36 pm
Lil Native and Dragonfly are so small, they really don't NEED all these super steels. Always find it weird when tiny knives get that treatment. Its like adding a lift kit and big tires to an S10...doesn't make sense.
Interesting perspective. I've always thought the opposite. The shorter the blade length, the more the knife benefits from increased edge retention. I think of it as a way to lengthen the edge over time instead of space ;)

As for the topic of the thread, CRUWEAR all the knives!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

HammerHill wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:10 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:36 pm

I agree with JuPaul...ready for some Smock sprints/exclusives!! Such a great knife. Easily sells out production models..a Cruwear sprint would sell out in seconds!
Interesting perspective. I've always thought the opposite. The shorter the blade length, the more the knife benefits from increased edge retention. I think of it as a way to lengthen the edge over time instead of space ;)
Haha, I like your style!! I was more so referencing that those are smaller knives that typically don't get used for tough work that these steels can handle. Though that Lil Native definitely has a stout little blade on it!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:36 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:00 am
I would love a lil' native backlock. Definite buy unless it sold out before I could get one.

I'm not sure about the dragonfly. I have quite a few already and I don't think I use my dragonflies hard enough to take advantage of the toughness of cruwear. I'd probably pass unless it was in a cool scale material (I have a weakness for wood and micarta).

The brouwer I would probably only be interested if they cqi the clip placement. I really like that knife but jeeze half of the thing hangs out of your pocket with a stock clip (and adding an aftermarket clip makes the value proposition go from "not the best value" to "hahaha, no way".
The Lil Native would be a must-have, for sure. Cruwear has other attributes that would make it a decent choice in a DF, such as the way it sharpens and the edge it takes and holds. It’s not my first choice of steels for a DF but I would not turn it down.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Joey

Post by Joey »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:44 pm

I agree. I would even go as far as say I would be ok with them swapping the titanium for a stainless liner lock and g10 to get price down. I guess I mostly like the shape.
The price definitely killed it for most people, but I think it’s well worth it. I think of it as a small sebenza wannabe which isn’t a bad thing.
It’s a nice shape, I agree. I tend to really like simple designs, and this one nailed it. I am a big fan of frame locks (RIL), so I was happy to pay the asking price...not that I did pay the asking price, or anything. I got mine with a deep carry clip included for $140, which was a steal, no doubt!
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Joey wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:47 pm

[...] I think of it as a small sebenza wannabe which isn’t a bad thing. [...]

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but to me the Brouwer IS the Spydie small sebenza. List price was definitely a bit much for the market unfortunately, but you can get some good deals on the secondary as a result. This is the first knife I've loved so much that I've gotten a backup user, custom hardware, and just ordered a custom scale (bone micarta from ShepardCC, can't wait for it to arrive!)

Count me in for any and all Brouwer sprints :D
~andrew
Joey

Post by Joey »

Good to hear someone else with the same opinion. I hadn’t noticed it said before! It’s a clear comparison.
Yep, glad they are found for good prices on the secondary market :) I should grab a second one, but I still have plenty of others I’d like to have in addition to the Brouwer. A sprint would change my mind on that.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

The Brouwer was love at first sight for me in Amsterdam! I was a bit discouraged by the price too and thought i'd wait until it had reached the end of the line but a month ago i cracked and ordered one :)
(I toasted the clip on my electric stove since i found it a bit 'in your face' out of the box. should have done it with the screws as well but i am not quite sure how they react to the heat. Wouldn't want them to be brittle, or soft and break as a result.

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.