Official 2020 Discontinued List

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
skybladefromthe

Re: Official 2020 Discontinued List

Post by skybladefromthe »

Update that my Advocate was delivered 10/08 from BHQ and this example is CQI.
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

skybladefromthe wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:45 pm
Interesting that they don't even know what stock they have on hand. They have told a few of us that they are all not CQI.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Last year I ordered the closeout Military ti framelock from BHQ. I asked them if they were CQI with the insert and was told yes. It wasn't.
skybladefromthe

sovereign wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:28 pm
skybladefromthe wrote:
Interesting that they don't even know what stock they have on hand. They have told a few of us that they are all not CQI.
It's strange how the closeouts go. All the different pricing from site to site. Maybe in a crunch they scramble to fill orders when they get low on stock and get what they can from wherever they can. Maybe even from the factory. It would be interesting to know more about the business.

Sorry for the late reply. Our power and cell phone service has been out for days. Finally it's back on.

For the most part so far I am liking the Advocate.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

sovereign wrote:
skybladefromthe wrote:
Think about it, some of these dealers are carrying hundreds, if not thousands, of different models from various manufacturers. It's probably hard to keep track of what models had minor changes, especially if the manufacturer doesn't change the model number. To them a Advocate is an Advocate.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
skybladefromthe

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:07 am
sovereign wrote:
skybladefromthe wrote:
Think about it, some of these dealers are carrying hundreds, if not thousands, of different models from various manufacturers. It's probably hard to keep track of what models had minor changes, especially if the manufacturer doesn't change the model number. To them a Advocate is an Advocate.
That makes sense. If there's a change to a model then it's like two models under one label. And you're right it must be impossible to track even with all the computers and bar codes. So when someone grabs one to sell from the pool, it's luck of the draw. THX!
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

skybladefromthe wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:29 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
sovereign wrote:
skybladefromthe wrote:
That makes sense. If there's a change to a model then it's like two models under one label. And you're right it must be impossible to track even with all the computers and bar codes. So when someone grabs one to sell from the pool, it's luck of the draw. THX!
You would think the date code would let you get pretty close... If not they should wait a month between making 1.0 and 2.0 so the codes can't be the same.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
skybladefromthe

koenigsegg wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:53 pm
skybladefromthe wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:29 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
sovereign wrote:

You would think the date code would let you get pretty close... If not they should wait a month between making 1.0 and 2.0 so the codes can't be the same.
I think you're right, the date code gets you in the ball park but (and as you probably know) according to TazKristi it's the washers that tell the story. I just don't think waiting would be their preferred choice. But maybe. I know so little. But I'm learning thanks to everyone here.
Monty

Post by Monty »

I didn't even notice it until today, the Karahawk G-10 Satin was discontinued, but the all-black version was not. Is it common for a finish to be discontinued but not a model?
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Monty,

Not common, but the black was more in demand.

sal
Monty

Post by Monty »

Thanks for the response Sal. A backup is on it's way in case I ever lose mine.

Cheers,
Monty
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Just picked up a Magnitude from BHQ for $190. I’ve been eyeing this CF Sheepsfoot for some time and that awesome price finally got me to pull the trigger.

I love absolutely everything about the Magnitude but the clip. At $190 I even love the monster S30V blade. I wish every knife Spyderco makes in the future comes with Spyderco’s traditional spoon or wire clip, no matter how semi custom it gets, just like the Paysan. You then have an plethora of aftermarket clip options to suit your needs.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Dazen wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:02 am
Just picked up a Magnitude from BHQ for $190. I’ve been eyeing this CF Sheepsfoot for some time and that awesome price finally got me to pull the trigger.

I love absolutely everything about the Magnitude but the clip. At $190 I even love the monster S30V blade. I wish every knife Spyderco makes in the future comes with Spyderco’s traditional spoon or wire clip, no matter how semi custom it gets, just like the Paysan. You then have an plethora of aftermarket clip options to suit your needs.
Just received my Magnitude and all I can say is wow, this is a lot of knife for $190. I even dig the clip now.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
TheKing21

Post by TheKing21 »

Any news about the 2021 discontinued list?