Bento Box Something Something....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
blues
Member
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby blues » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:51 am

Looks like there'll be plenty of joy in Mudville today.

(I'll have to wait a few days for waiting until Saturday to place my order.)
- No FOMO -

FK
Member
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: CT USA

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby FK » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Wow,,, arrived today,,, ordered Fri,,, CA to CT already.

Usual excellent fit and finish from Golden.

Regards,
FK

GarageBoy
Member
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:49 pm
Location: Brooklyn NY

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby GarageBoy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:44 pm

St Nick's does an exclusive- gone in 4 minutes and lots of angry forumites - bbs does one, and charges a few bucks more and it sits for a bit... Those combo deals are actually a decent value

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby JonLeBlanc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm

GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:44 pm
St Nick's does an exclusive- gone in 4 minutes and lots of angry forumites - bbs does one, and charges a few bucks more and it sits for a bit... Those combo deals are actually a decent value
Yes they are, and that's one thing that most other retailers don't do. Additionally, if one doesn't see a combo that one likes, one just MIGHT be able to ask nicely and maybe BBS would be willing to indulge one by making a "custom combo." One isn't trying to speak on behalf of BBS, but one may have had excellent service from them in the past, and know of persons other than oneself getting the same treatment.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3402
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby JuPaul » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 pm

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm
GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:44 pm
St Nick's does an exclusive- gone in 4 minutes and lots of angry forumites - bbs does one, and charges a few bucks more and it sits for a bit... Those combo deals are actually a decent value
Yes they are, and that's one thing that most other retailers don't do. Additionally, if one doesn't see a combo that one likes, one just MIGHT be able to ask nicely and maybe BBS would be willing to indulge one by making a "custom combo." One isn't trying to speak on behalf of BBS, but one may have had excellent service from them in the past, and know of persons other than oneself getting the same treatment.
I actually asked BBS if I could do that with this exclusive, and was told (very nicely) that they couldn't do custom combos now. Maybe I'm not a VIP customer. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby JonLeBlanc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:06 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm
GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:44 pm
St Nick's does an exclusive- gone in 4 minutes and lots of angry forumites - bbs does one, and charges a few bucks more and it sits for a bit... Those combo deals are actually a decent value
Yes they are, and that's one thing that most other retailers don't do. Additionally, if one doesn't see a combo that one likes, one just MIGHT be able to ask nicely and maybe BBS would be willing to indulge one by making a "custom combo." One isn't trying to speak on behalf of BBS, but one may have had excellent service from them in the past, and know of persons other than oneself getting the same treatment.
I actually asked BBS if I could do that with this exclusive, and was told (very nicely) that they couldn't do custom combos now. Maybe I'm not a VIP customer. ;)
Hmm, interesting. Maybe it's something they recently decided against, or maybe it's just for this exclusive etc... But, as one has observed, they HAVE done it in the past (even this year), so maybe it'll be something they'll be able to return to at some point. But don't worry, from what I have seen they treat anybody who is willing to spend money like a VIP, so I'm sure it's not just you (or one lol) :cool:
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3402
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby JuPaul » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:32 pm

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:06 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm
GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:44 pm
St Nick's does an exclusive- gone in 4 minutes and lots of angry forumites - bbs does one, and charges a few bucks more and it sits for a bit... Those combo deals are actually a decent value
Yes they are, and that's one thing that most other retailers don't do. Additionally, if one doesn't see a combo that one likes, one just MIGHT be able to ask nicely and maybe BBS would be willing to indulge one by making a "custom combo." One isn't trying to speak on behalf of BBS, but one may have had excellent service from them in the past, and know of persons other than oneself getting the same treatment.
I actually asked BBS if I could do that with this exclusive, and was told (very nicely) that they couldn't do custom combos now. Maybe I'm not a VIP customer. ;)
Hmm, interesting. Maybe it's something they recently decided against, or maybe it's just for this exclusive etc... But, as one has observed, they HAVE done it in the past (even this year), so maybe it'll be something they'll be able to return to at some point. But don't worry, from what I have seen they treat anybody who is willing to spend money like a VIP, so I'm sure it's not just you (or one lol) :cool:
I'm not complaining, for sure. I've never had a bad customer service experience with BBS, and I've bought from them before and will again. If anything, I'm glad they said no this time - it saved me from spending even more money!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby JonLeBlanc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:32 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:06 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm


Yes they are, and that's one thing that most other retailers don't do. Additionally, if one doesn't see a combo that one likes, one just MIGHT be able to ask nicely and maybe BBS would be willing to indulge one by making a "custom combo." One isn't trying to speak on behalf of BBS, but one may have had excellent service from them in the past, and know of persons other than oneself getting the same treatment.
I actually asked BBS if I could do that with this exclusive, and was told (very nicely) that they couldn't do custom combos now. Maybe I'm not a VIP customer. ;)
Hmm, interesting. Maybe it's something they recently decided against, or maybe it's just for this exclusive etc... But, as one has observed, they HAVE done it in the past (even this year), so maybe it'll be something they'll be able to return to at some point. But don't worry, from what I have seen they treat anybody who is willing to spend money like a VIP, so I'm sure it's not just you (or one lol) :cool:
I'm not complaining, for sure. I've never had a bad customer service experience with BBS, and I've bought from them before and will again. If anything, I'm glad they said no this time - it saved me from spending even more money!
That's good man, I hope you snag one eventually :cool:
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9920
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby bearfacedkiller » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:34 pm

Image
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

vgex
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 9:48 am

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby vgex » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:25 am

Image

cycleguy
Member
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:46 pm
Location: Arvada, coloRADo

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby cycleguy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:41 am

Uhhggg!!! That picture made me wet my pants!!!! K390 incoming :-) along with a Sage 5.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!

tjsblade
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby tjsblade » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:48 am

I'm trying my best not to buy this hoping to hear something firm about a Para 3 with the same configuration.

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby koenigsegg » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:33 am

DLC would by poison I think. Haven't had K390 with DLC
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

Mstach07
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Mstach07 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 pm

Why do the pivot screws in all the pics of the k390 model look like they are protruding from the g10? Thinner slab of g10?

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby abbazaba » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:49 am

cycleguy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:41 am
Uhhggg!!! That picture made me wet my pants!!!! K390 incoming :-) along with a Sage 5.

CG
It's a pretty great picture!

User avatar
blues
Member
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby blues » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:18 am

It really is a great picture. The only one I'm missing is the 20CV but its composition is close enough to 204P that I don't really mind. (Too much.)
- No FOMO -

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby koenigsegg » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:29 am

Mstach07 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 pm
Why do the pivot screws in all the pics of the k390 model look like they are protruding from the g10? Thinner slab of g10?
Good question I'd say production tolerances. Noticed this on the smooth g10 just assumed it was because those scales were thinner from the sanding
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

sok
Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby sok » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Lots of good looking knives on this page.

I finally used this K390 enough to notice a diminishing sharpness on the edge. I thought I would try the white sharpmaker stones to try and clean it back up. The white stones didn't even phase this stuff. I moved to the brown stones and was able to quickly get that hair popping sharpness back. Hopefully, BBS will still have this one in stock a month or so from now. If so, I may pick up another.

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby koenigsegg » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:43 pm

sok wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:15 pm
Lots of good looking knives on this page.

I finally used this K390 enough to notice a diminishing sharpness on the edge. I thought I would try the white sharpmaker stones to try and clean it back up. The white stones didn't even phase this stuff. I moved to the brown stones and was able to quickly get that hair popping sharpness back. Hopefully, BBS will still have this one in stock a month or so from now. If so, I may pick up another.
I'm hoping for one at the seconds sale
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby abbazaba » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Mstach07 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 pm
Why do the pivot screws in all the pics of the k390 model look like they are protruding from the g10? Thinner slab of g10?
Mine are flush


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: allory, Bing [Bot], cbrstar, elena86, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], mjcarp, Sharp Guy, zuludelta and 51 guests