Bento Box Something Something....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3400
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby JuPaul » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:41 pm

My fingers are crossed that there's a para 3 version of this one coming next...I'd be in on that for sure. A manix version would also make my day.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
Albatross
Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Albatross » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:51 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:41 pm
My fingers are crossed that there's a para 3 version of this one coming next...I'd be in on that for sure. A manix version would also make my day.
Hopefully from another vendor, at a reasonable price.
sal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

...But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of "deigning in the dark"...

sal

dan31
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:15 pm
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby dan31 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:00 pm

Nice to see the K390 coming out of Golden CO. I will be looking for a Military in K390. The wait begins.

Mstach07
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Mstach07 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:26 pm

DLC version right around the corner like the m390????

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby koenigsegg » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Albatross wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:51 pm
Hopefully from another vendor, at a reasonable price.
Sadly, I don't see that happening. Dlc would be nice on the k390.. but I don't have crazy acid sweat and even though it's always humid or raining haven't had any issues with it yet
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby abbazaba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:06 pm

Mstach07 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:26 pm
DLC version right around the corner like the m390????
Not betting on this, but fingers crossed! :) :spyder:

rothnroll
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:23 am

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby rothnroll » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:32 pm

Does anyone know when this is planning on being released?

User avatar
Albatross
Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Albatross » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:39 am

koenigsegg wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:08 pm
Albatross wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:51 pm
Hopefully from another vendor, at a reasonable price.
Sadly, I don't see that happening. Dlc would be nice on the k390.. but I don't have crazy acid sweat and even though it's always humid or raining haven't had any issues with it yet
Why not? Personally, I believe there will be a demand for it, and dealers will want a part of that. Now that the P4 G10 is discontinued, there will be no more(that I'm aware of) regular production knives in K390 to be found in Spyderco's lineup.
sal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

...But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of "deigning in the dark"...

sal

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby koenigsegg » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:48 am

Albatross wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:39 am
koenigsegg wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:08 pm
Albatross wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:51 pm
Hopefully from another vendor, at a reasonable price.
Sadly, I don't see that happening. Dlc would be nice on the k390.. but I don't have crazy acid sweat and even though it's always humid or raining haven't had any issues with it yet
Why not? Personally, I believe there will be a demand for it, and dealers will want a part of that. Now that the P4 G10 is discontinued, there will be no more(that I'm aware of) regular production knives in K390 to be found in Spyderco's lineup.
There is need I guess I was thinking you meant you hoped the next k390 knife wouldn't be from BBS and that's what I doubt
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

User avatar
Albatross
Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Albatross » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:25 am

koenigsegg wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:48 am
Albatross wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:39 am
koenigsegg wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:08 pm
Albatross wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:51 pm
Hopefully from another vendor, at a reasonable price.
Sadly, I don't see that happening. Dlc would be nice on the k390.. but I don't have crazy acid sweat and even though it's always humid or raining haven't had any issues with it yet
Why not? Personally, I believe there will be a demand for it, and dealers will want a part of that. Now that the P4 G10 is discontinued, there will be no more(that I'm aware of) regular production knives in K390 to be found in Spyderco's lineup.
There is need I guess I was thinking you meant you hoped the next k390 knife wouldn't be from BBS and that's what I doubt
Yes, I do mean from other dealers. Maybe not the next knife, but others will want to have their own exclusives.

M390, 20CV, Hap40 and M4 were/are popular enough to be sold as exclusives through multiple dealers. Both Knifeworks and BHQ had an M4 exclusive PM2. Also, Hap40 was offered in 3 Delica exclusives(that I'm aware of), from 3 different dealers.

This is why I'm hopeful we will see a PM2 in K390, from another dealer. A DLT, Knifeworks, Knife Center, River's Edge, or St. Nick's exclusive would be fantastic.
sal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

...But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of "deigning in the dark"...

sal

Joey
Member
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Joey » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:44 am

Looks like Friday, October 4th @ 9AM Pacific time.
The Paramilitary 2 is up on their site home page now, just can’t order it yet.

Monty
Member
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:49 am
Location: South of DC

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Monty » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:27 am

Shiny Footprints.

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9920
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby bearfacedkiller » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:30 am

I’m in!

Too bad it isn’t a Military. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2618
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:34 pm

I would not be surprised if a Para3 is not next and eventually DLC in both.

rothnroll
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:23 am

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby rothnroll » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:52 pm

I will probably buy this, but it would look so much cooler with a DLC coated blade.

EngDevGr3
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby EngDevGr3 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:51 pm

I wonder if this will be another slow burn, or a fast sellout. Most people like the k390, but shy away when it comes to BentoBox.

User avatar
Albatross
Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Albatross » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:41 am

EngDevGr3 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:51 pm
I wonder if this will be another slow burn, or a fast sellout. Most people like the k390, but shy away when it comes to BentoBox.
Their M390 exclusives have sat for longer than I expected, but inflated prices, shipping cost, and return policy explain the slow sales. Who would have imagined any place would have M390 exclusives in stock for more than 5 minutes?

I think it will sell slowly, especially since a trendy steel like M390 still hasn't sold out, and the other consideration being that Spyderco has produced very few models in K390, limiting it's exposure to the masses. M390 has made it's way onto several major models, and has been used by many other knife companies. Aside from Spyderco, I don't know of any other mass production knife companies that have used K390.

If I'm right about the slow sales, this will be great news for K390 fans and better news for the anti-flippers out there. If a knife doesn't sell, it can't be flipped. If I'm wrong, we will see K390 get the attention it deserves. It's good either way.
sal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

...But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of "deigning in the dark"...

sal

Mattysc42
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Mattysc42 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:59 am

This is the first time I’ve been tempted to buy a pm2 at all. I much prefer leaf shaped blades like the manix but the k390 is calling me. If I do fold, I’ll pick up one of the m390 blades as well.
BRING ON THE MANIX XL SPRINTS AND EXCLUSIVES! And 10v or K390ify the Golden lineup, please.

Top 5 folders I’ve owned: Serrated Caribbean Leaf, Shaman, Manix XL, ZDP-189/CF Caly 3.5, Native LW.
Top 5 steels I’ve owned: LC200N, K390, CPM S90V, M390, CPM REX45.
Top 3 steels I want more of: M390 class, A11 class (including K390), CPM REX45.

Username827
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby Username827 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:35 am

Wonder if it will still be available when I am done with work... :rolleyes:

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Postby abbazaba » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:02 am

So they actually mean it when they say PST, not PDT.

Edit: Went live about 9:05
Last edited by abbazaba on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: benben, DTPrime, jdw, JRinFL, PeanutButterFan, sal, Wartstein, zemogKA and 56 guests