Bad Rhino! Bad…

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MichaelScott

Bad Rhino! Bad…

Post by MichaelScott »

So, I got my brand new Rhino today, blue Ti screws and all. Beautiful. Admiring it my finger accidentally and slowly grazed the edge. A small disk of skin fell off followed by the red stuff. Really? This has to be the sharpest knife I have ever received and I have had a lot of Spydercos.

Anyone else bitten even when trying to be careful?
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
ZrowsN1s

Re: Bad Rhino! Bad…

Post by ZrowsN1s »

If you don't get bit every once in a while you're not playing with your knives enough :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:44 pm
If you don't get bit every once in a while you're not playing with your knives enough :D
Yeah, consider it a love nip!
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
that is how i feel too. but i also feel you dont really own a new knife until it has bitten you.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
Joey

Post by Joey »

I think I have a problem with how often I handle/fidget with my knives, and I just don’t cut myself. I feel it happens when you’re not being careful, simple as that.
I have cut myself with kitchen knives while cutting vegetables, but the only time a folding knife ever cut me was when my Gerber Paraframe lock failed during a cut it wasn’t meant for. I was working, and It was the only knife I had at the time, since it was in my car, and I couldn’t carry knives at work.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Isn't yours until it bites you.
I've had some nasty cuts from new spydies.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
I've been carrying knives since I was around 9-10 (started out with SAK's) and carry at least 1 Spydie and an multi-tool every day.
Fidget with flippers and folders whenever I'm at my desk at work/home, carve with SAK's every now and then, and own close to 200 Spydies.
The only time I've ever cut myself was well over 10 years ago when changing out a snap off blade from a box cutter.

I guess I need to play with my knives even more :p
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

DutchBlades wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:13 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
I've been carrying knives since I was around 9-10 (started out with SAK's) and carry at least 1 Spydie and an multi-tool every day.
Fidget with flippers and folders whenever I'm at my desk at work/home, carve with SAK's every now and then, and own close to 200 Spydies.
The only time I've ever cut myself was well over 10 years ago when changing out a snap off blade from a box cutter.

:D
I think last time I got myself with one of my blades I was wiping down a freshly sharpened blade and cut through the polishing cloth and nicked a finger. Although technically I think the Spydiehole on my Urban got me last month if that counts?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:23 am
DutchBlades wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:13 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:

:D
I think last time I got myself with one of my blades I was wiping down a freshly sharpened blade and cut through the polishing cloth and nicked a finger. Although technically I think the Spydiehole on my Urban got me last month if that counts?
The 90°angles on some of the holes and spines have gotten closer to giving me a cut than the actual edges...
No blood has been drawn yet, but I can imagine how it happened to you!
That's why I love some most Taichung models; there's no way you'd cut yourself on a rounded spine and hole.
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Better than getting a blunt knife!

My Pd1 mule did that to me. I realised it was sharp, lightly ran it over the back of my hand to see how shaving sharp it was, and sliced off a chunk! User error....
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I’ve had some nasty cuts. Thankfully it’s been some years ago since the last.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Mine was absolutely user error. I wasn’t trying to operate the knife, just wasn’t careful where I waved my finger whilst the blade was open. Still, it is the sharpest knife I’ve handled.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

Team Innovation
archangel

Post by archangel »

You mean, the knife was sharp when you took it out of the box? :eek:

[Sarcasm off] :D
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

MichaelScott wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:50 am
Mine was absolutely user error. I wasn’t trying to operate the knife, just wasn’t careful where I waved my finger whilst the blade was open. Still, it is the sharpest knife I’ve handled.
I’ve been fairly lucky and only cut myself once worth mentioning in adult life. That was with a hoof knife helping out a farrier mate many years ago. :eek:

I do however tend to end up with little knicks and stabs like you describe Michael, when engrossed with something I’m whittling and passing the knife from right to left hand to better inspect my handy work. :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
elena86

Post by elena86 »

MichaelScott wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:29 pm

So, I got my brand new Rhino today, blue Ti screws and all. Beautiful. Admiring it my finger accidentally and slowly grazed the edge. A small disk of skin fell off followed by the red stuff. Really? This has to be the sharpest knife I have ever received and I have had a lot of Spydercos.

It came like that from the factory ? I mean with blue screws not bad :D
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

elena86 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:57 am
MichaelScott wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:29 pm

It came like that from the factory ? I mean with blue screws not bad :D
No, I got it from Steve, owner of Bladeswelove on eBay. Prices are right, he is very ethical and is a school teacher in Wyoming.

Team Innovation