SHAMAN FIXED BLADE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DukeNiemand

Re: SHAMAN FIXED BLADE

Post by DukeNiemand »

I think the Shaman would be a great candidate for "fixed-blade-ification." I'd probably delete the front finger choil, and just move the index finger groove forward. The way I imagine it the overall profile would look similar to a Creely Mako, but with a longer blade.

Attachments
e4805f521624c20f44d08ed8c9af30b4_original.jpg
sal

Post by sal »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:23 am
The Proficient is similar in some ways and it is ergonomic perfection. The most comfortable knife handle I have ever held.

I started a thread a while back asking for a more affordable Proficient. Maybe Cruwear and Micarta? Maybe G10 and XHP?

I agree with Darby. The Proficient handle is indeed very special with many years f refinement to get there. I snagged 10 of them to use as special gifts in the future.

I can look into a lower cost model?

sal
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

sal wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
The Proficient is similar in some ways and it is ergonomic perfection. The most comfortable knife handle I have ever held.

I started a thread a while back asking for a more affordable Proficient. Maybe Cruwear and Micarta? Maybe G10 and XHP?

I agree with Darby. The Proficient handle is indeed very special with many years f refinement to get there. I snagged 10 of them to use as special gifts in the future.

sal
The Proficient is a Spyderco fixed blade I'm interested in. It is very classic looking while also distinctly Spyderco. If you could make it sub $200 and keep it flat grind, I would buy it. Would even write a promissory note so you hold me to it. No worries on the steel but non-stainless preferred.

I'm just not that interested in a $200+ fixed blade that isn't custom, even if the Proficient as it is performs better than many $200-$300 customs. I will say, I've ogled it many times.
Last edited by knivesandbooks on Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:15 pm
sal wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

sal
The Proficient is a Spyderco fixed blade I'm interested in. It is very classic looking while also distinctly Spyderco. If you could make it sub $200 and keep it flat grind, I would buy it. Would even write a promissory note so you hold me to it. No worries on the steel but non-stainless preferred unless LC200n.

I'm just not that interested in a $200+ fixed blade that isn't custom, even if the Proficient as it is performs better than many $200-$300 customs. I will say, I've ogled it many times.
I second all this. A tough steel, g10 or micarta scales, under $200 (under $150 even better) and this would be on my wish list.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

sal wrote:

sal
That sounds nice. One thing that I don't like about Proficient apart from the really high price is the S90V . I don't think it is the best choice for the task.
But make it in AEB-L and Mucarta.....Keep the cost down....
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

sal wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

sal
Definitely interested in this!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!