S30v Endura request

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DOUBLE D

S30v Endura request

Post by DOUBLE D »

I was sitting around and thinking... We have s30v delicas, and s30v dragonflies. I really want an s30v endura... And an endela!.

When I first started down the rabbit hole of folding knives, I shamefully fell into the snobbery of steels, and actively pursued only the Mac daddy steels like s110v and maxamet, cruwear, m4, zdp (the list goes on)... But over the years I've come back to good old s30v. For my uses, what I need (want) is good corrosion resistance, which has begun to narrow the field of options. Along with great edge retention... Previously, When these were my only two requirements, I landed solidly on s110v as my perfect steel. But the sharpening experience was so painful and frustrating, that it took all the joy out of it.

Scaling it back to good old s30v has landed me perfectly in the middle of everything I need (want) in an edc knife. It sharpens to hair popping very easily on the stones for me, or even on the sharpmaker if I'm in a hurry or just touching up. Coupled with very good edge retention, and above average corrosion resistance, it's perfect for me.

Now can I have it in an Endura!? Lol
Wartstein

Re: S30v Endura request

Post by Wartstein »

I'd get one for sure! The Endura is a perfect design for me and my hands, S30V is great and for a non-master-sharpener like I am absolutely still "super steel" enough.

On the other hand I have to say: The Endura combo of one in VG10 (which I think is just a dream to sharpen on the basic sharpmaker) and one in HAP 40 gives me about all I need in that knife.

Still could not resist an S30V model... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

S30V in an Endura would be just fine, but I’m not sure there is a great deal of difference in real world performance between it and VG10. Still, I’d buy one for sure.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:03 pm
I'd get one for sure! The Endura is a perfect design for me and my hands, S30V is great and for a non-master-sharpener like I am absolutely still "super steel" enough.

On the other hand I have to say: The Endura combo of one in VG10 (which I think is just a dream to sharpen on the basic sharpmaker) and one in HAP 40 gives me about all I need in that knife.

Still could not resist an S30V model... ;)
Or maybe even an m390 endura!. I forgot they put that one on a delica too.

Man the more I think about it, the more I notice how the delica gets all the love. It came in m390, s30v, and cruwear recently!. And I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Come on endura!