Reveal Three Sprints Sell Out Timeframe

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cycleguy

Reveal Three Sprints Sell Out Timeframe

Post by cycleguy »

Hey All,

Wondering how long the upcoming reveal 3 sprints will last before sell-out. What you thinking?

My guesses which are founded by absolutely nothing... except the pulse of this forum, maybe -
Shaman Micarta Cruwear: one day?
Stretch Straight Spine: longer than the shaman ... 75 days?

Anyone else?

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
JuPaul

Re: Reveal Three Sprints Sell Out Timeframe

Post by JuPaul »

Well, the pre-orders for the Shaman at Knife Center are already "sold out", so I'm guessing it'll last no more than hours anywhere else it's being sold. I don't think the stretch will be around nearly as long as the V-toku2 sprint version because of the new blade design, but I think it'll go much more slowly than the Shaman.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I'm guessing they will trickle out to dealers, so it might be hard to gauge overall. The CruWear/Micarta Shaman will surely sell out the same day anywhere it shows up in stock. A lot of demand for that one already! The Straight Spine Stretch will probably be a bit easier to get your hands on if you want one.
-Nick :bug-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I'm guessing that CPM Cru-Wear/ Micarta Shaman will sell out lightning fast, probably within seconds or minutes of showing up in stock.

SB Stretch, yeah, I can see that one hanging around for a little longer. It's a great looking knife IMO but aside from the unique handle color, it doesn't offer a whole lot else. Still, you never know.
Last edited by The Meat man on Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
zippifish

Post by zippifish »

Will the Spyderco online store offer the Cru-Wear Micarta Shaman for purchase when it becomes available? I like to buy direct due to the generous discount Spyderco offers to Vets and First Responders.
A.S.O.K.A

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

I'm only gonna be speaking for the shops here in Canada that will receive these. For the Shaman sprint, I estimate it will take between 24-48 hours to sell out. For the stretch2 sprint, I estimate it to take between 4-7 days as it will appeal to those that want a pm2 style blade that doesnt come with a pm2 style handle as well as the spydie sprint collectors. And the last one I think will take almost 2weeks
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube
Monty

Post by Monty »

Do the online shops announce ahead of time when Sprints will go up for sale? I've bought all my Sprints second hand in the past but I really want one of these Shamans.
Spook410

Post by Spook410 »

Yea.. pre-ordered the micarta/cruwear Shaman. Like I need another knife. How does Spyderco manage to keep hitting that one place where I can't resist?
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Spook410 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:47 pm
Yea.. pre-ordered the micarta/cruwear Shaman. Like I need another knife. How does Spyderco manage to keep hitting that one place where I can't resist?
They actually read what we post on here? :D
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Can the shaman still be preordered or has our chance to get one ended.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Spyderco will make the maximum number of whatever a sprint really is and will sell out to different vendors in a couple of days
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

KC website says they’re making 1200. I'm looking at various sites and looks like most have sold out the preorders others say coming soon. Hopefully some come up and are available for more than a couple minutes.
Monty

Post by Monty »

We need a thread with alerts, so far I've found out too late that smkw also did pre-orders but sold out.
timlara

Post by timlara »

If the St Nicks sellout is any indication, the Cruwear Shaman is going to be $400 on eBay in no time.

The Stretch on the other hand will probably be a slow mover since it's VG10. (Plus I'm in the weird minority who likes the original blade shape.)
Tim