Fate of the spydiechef

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Marulaghost

Fate of the spydiechef

Post by Marulaghost »

So it's been months since I've seen the Chef in stock. Has anyone heard anything about it coming back in stock? Is it going to be discontinued?
Enactive

Re: Fate of the spydiechef

Post by Enactive »

We have been told here on the forum that there will be another batch by the end of the year.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Marulaghost wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:15 am
So it's been months since I've seen the Chef in stock. Has anyone heard anything about it coming back in stock? Is it going to be discontinued?
It's a very popular model and when its in stock it usually It sells out fast. I would expect that there are more being made.

Unless there is Spydiechef 2 coming out, I seriously doubt it would be discontinued already.
-Nick :bug-red
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Taz Kristie of Spyderco and forum admin here, herself has confirmed there are more coming so stay tuned to this same Spydie Channel daily when they release I am certain members will make it known here.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I don't think the Chef is going anywhere anytime soon. It seems to have a very strong following. I imagine the demand for it remains pretty high given how quickly the incremental batches of it seem to sell out..

I'll admit, I didn't really "get" the Chef at first.. but I was interested in it enough to give it a chance and I'm very glad that I did. I carry it quite a bit compared with some of the other models that I own and it continues to impress me with its performance as an edc knife.

I also recall reading something about a new batch by end of year. Hopefully, everyone who wants one ends up getting the chance to own one! Great knife!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

DSH007 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:09 pm
I don't think the Chef is going anywhere anytime soon. It seems to have a very strong following. I imagine the demand for it remains pretty high...
Not to freak anyone out but isn’t that what we all said about the Bowie?
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

SF Native wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:34 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:09 pm
I don't think the Chef is going anywhere anytime soon. It seems to have a very strong following. I imagine the demand for it remains pretty high...
Not to freak anyone out but isn’t that what we all said about the Bowie?
Fair point..

Admittedly, the Bowie came and went before I really got into Spyderco or joined the forum, so I don't really have much of an insight as to how it sold compared with the Chef prior to being discontinued. That said, I can't imagine that Spyderco would stop selling a knife that seems to be doing so well right now, but I understand that there are other factors and logistical concerns that go into the decision that we are not privy to.. and you may very well be right! I still think that the Chef will be sticking around for the foreseeable future. :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..