3"Gayle Bradley

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dj moonbat

Re: 3"Gayle Bradley

Post by dj moonbat »

wrdwrght wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:59 am
dj moonbat wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:54 am
I love my Air, and now that the edge has receded more than halfway up to the Spyder hole...
:eek: I’m having trouble imagining what this looks like (got a pic?). Whatever, that’s some kind of use!
Well, part of that is use, and part of it is that it took me a while to learn to sharpen a knife without taking off a bunch of excess steel.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

dj moonbat wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:28 am
wrdwrght wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:59 am
dj moonbat wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:54 am
I love my Air, and now that the edge has receded more than halfway up to the Spyder hole...
:eek: I’m having trouble imagining what this looks like (got a pic?). Whatever, that’s some kind of use!
Well, part of that is use, and part of it is that it took me a while to learn to sharpen a knife without taking off a bunch of excess steel.
I must admit I found my Air very hard to get super sharp, then I determined that wharncliffes are my nemesis.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

Rainy day here.

jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

Folded.

rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i would be very interested in this knife in a 3" M4 package without a choil. not modified but made by spyderco.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

Is the GB2 discontinued or something? Went to buy one today and they seem to be OOS everywhere.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 pm
Is the GB2 discontinued or something? Went to buy one today and they seem to be OOS everywhere.
I don't see it on the newly released discontinued list. Probably just in line for another production run.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

My GB2 just arrived and when I used And looked at it with admiration the following words came to mind.

“ Now this is a knife! “

Sturdy in the hand razor sharp M4 Blade beautiful design proper length and wow not only does it feel and cut like a premium knife but it looks like a serious great quality knife also, a mans knife something my Granddad would have approved of.

This one is a keeper!

I know there were lots of complaints about this one and people liked the 1st better than the second but I am having a hard time finding anything whatsoever to dislike or wish were different.

I like the recessed Liner lock and how difficult it is to get out of the locked position one handed. Seems to me this was on purpose to eliminate twisting open etc...

Looking foreword to the next design from Mr. Bradley my hat’s off to you and Spyderco.

Thanks for this knife.
linuxology

Post by linuxology »

Vote for a 3" spyderco air or "air"-esque blade. Long overdue.
cesma

Post by cesma »

Alea iacta est!!!
PStone

Post by PStone »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:08 pm
My GB2 just arrived and when I used And looked at it with admiration the following words came to mind.

“ Now this is a knife! “

Sturdy in the hand razor sharp M4 Blade beautiful design proper length and wow not only does it feel and cut like a premium knife but it looks like a serious great quality knife also, a mans knife something my Granddad would have approved of.

This one is a keeper!

I know there were lots of complaints about this one and people liked the 1st better than the second but I am having a hard time finding anything whatsoever to dislike or wish were different.

I like the recessed Liner lock and how difficult it is to get out of the locked position one handed. Seems to me this was on purpose to eliminate twisting open etc...

Looking foreword to the next design from Mr. Bradley my hat’s off to you and Spyderco.

Thanks for this knife.
I purchased mine about a month ago. A “gentleman’s tank” knife. I bought the GB2 and Advocate at the same time. Mainly because of the Junction. Bought that last year on discontinued price and had been wanting to try another Bradley design because I like it so much. My only gripe is that I didn’t try these models sooner.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:33 pm
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:08 pm

“ Now this is a knife! “

This one is a keeper!

Thanks for this knife.
I purchased mine about a month ago. A “gentleman’s tank” knife. I bought the GB2 and Advocate at the same time. Mainly because of the Junction. Bought that last year on discontinued price and had been wanting to try another Bradley design because I like it so much. My only gripe is that I didn’t try these models sooner.
I know what you mean, I unfortunately listened to complaints about the GB2 and it kept me from buying at the $165.00 price when they were readily available, but I do not feel too bad I got this one new for $185.00 plus shipping. So I figure that the fella broke even after Ebay charges.

Gayle Bradley is on heck of a designer.
ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

It will be interesting to see what he comes up with. Hopefully it will be a little more lefty friendly than the Air/Advocate. Love my GB2!
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
Robishere

Post by Robishere »

The Bradley to be covers both style and cutting ability and edge retention and toughness. The finish to me just screams class. I hope they balance the spydie hole sice with the size and length. To me the para 3 even with the 2mm smaller hole looks like a plastic handle got constipated and shat out a blade. HUGE handle with a big lanyard hole and finger big choil then a short little cutting edge.
Another thing I like about the bradley2 is the cutting edge to handle ratio. It is a lot of edge! With luck that stays as well.
“Putting fancy thoughts in a woman’s head is like putting lace on a bowling ball.....no good can come of it.” - Archie Bunker.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I would love to see a new Air!

Must have M4 :)
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

What are the odds we will see a Cruwear Micarta GB2???? Compared to Cruwear M4 is WAY more rust prone, much harder to sharpen, and not nearly as tough. I don't care a whole lot about edge holding, but Cruwear holds an edge plenty long enough for me.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red