Dear Sal 2019 is coming to a close will there be a...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Dear Sal 2019 is coming to a close will there be a...

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

So here we are Mid to late September with 2019 coming to a close as I recall last year the 2018 Forum knife came out around October.

Not being certain whether Forum Knives are part of the reveal program I would like to know if their will there be a 2019 Forum knife so I can budget for it.

Thank you.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: Dear Sal 2019 is coming to a close will there be a...

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Over the last decade or so, forum knives have been released every 2-3 years. I would not hold your breath for a 2019 forum knife.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

What he said ^^^..
My guess, (ok, make that wish) would be a Native chief with Ironwood or micarta scales
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:02 am
What he said ^^^..
My guess, (ok, make that wish) would be a Native chief with Ironwood or micarta scales
If it were Micarta, this would certainly be my first forum knife...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Funny the Native chief comes up, last night I needed to cut some material and pulled my Native Chief off the shelf as it was sitting right next to it.

Cut the material and thought wow what a great knife! Sure hope they make this in Cruwear, as for Micarta handles no attraction there at all, I am good with G10 or FRN.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

I still think the next forum knife should be from one of the knife makers that had a relationship with Spyderco and who has recently passed away (Wayne Goddard comes to mind). Micarta and Cruwear? I don't see why not, but the model should be an homage to those whom the knife community has lost.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

p_atrick wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:35 am
I still think the next forum knife should be from one of the knife makers that had a relationship with Spyderco and who has recently passed away (Wayne Goddard comes to mind). Micarta and Cruwear? I don't see why not, but the model should be an homage to those whom the knife community has lost.
That makes a lot of sense to me, and if not a forum knife, why not a homage/heritage line?
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
Doeswhateveraspidercan

I will contribute to purchasing through an homage / heritage line.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

A Micarta Cruwear Wayne Goddard full size would completely blow my mind, and seems like an excellent configuration given current capacity ;) :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

You could have just said "forum knife" in the title, I haven't read the thread until now just because I generally don't care about vague click baity titles. But now that I did, I do agree that a forum knife would be awesome! I could see either a Native Chief or a Wayne Goddard in micarta with a CruWear blade being good choices, it seems like micarta and CruWear have been themes on here the last few months. That or LC200N.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

So micarta seems to be a popular choice. Would you rather see micarta like the upcoming Shaman sprint, or shiny black micarta? I believe Spyderco even did some white or ivory micarta back in the day.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

p_atrick wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 am
So micarta seems to be a popular choice. Would you rather see micarta like the upcoming Shaman sprint, or shiny black micarta? I believe Spyderco even did some white or ivory micarta back in the day.
I'm a sucker for the material itself, i could live happily with black, maroon, white, burlap or whatever really :)
Shaggy Dog

Post by Shaggy Dog »

Micarta and Lc200n!