Knives I wish I had bought two of

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Skidoosh

Re: Knives I wish I had bought two of

Post by Skidoosh »

Caly 3 superblue and K390 mule
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I got both of my k390 Urban's from the forum sales, gave one to a friend now down to one and looking to grab another. Wish I had got two rex45 pm2s
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I don’t desire two of everything, just a couple of special knives now discontinued.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
PStone

Post by PStone »

None. The Wolfspyder is the only knife that I need two of. So I bought a second. I do wish I had a third though....
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I got a second M4 Manix2, the BBS exclusive, back when M4 was harder to come by.

My second came only because I had put my first through various patina and sharpening experiments so severe that I began pining for my first one’s former pretty self.

The first one, now my one and only beater, still performs flawlessly and rides in my truck.

After this extravagance, I determined that any one of the Spydies I’ve accumulated should be able satisfy me as my only Spydie.

This thinking has liberated me from a need to duplicate a model’s particular version.

But, who’s a masochist? I still seek different versions of models I really really like. For example, I now have three different Shaman versions and will have a fourth within 90 days.

In other words, I’m fine with multiples, just not duplicates, except the one.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I'm glad I got my second Urban the pivot screw spins in the plastic can't tighten it. Sent to SFO they said no more grey scales can't fix it. Glad I got a second

Before you ask idk if they can use different color scales didn't think to ask before I got it back
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

I don't really wish for two of any model.

There's models I wish I had one of, but that's not the question.

Even the knives I'm most attached to, I figure there's plenty of others in my collection and yet to be released, that I can move on to if I lose them, or eventually wear them out.

The closest contender might be the Superblue Dragonfly, which I've either lost or misplaced in a box, during a house move.

That troubled me for a while, but the upshot of the whole episode was it forced me to use the heck out of my ZDP189 Dragonfly.

I did buy a second K390 Urban for a premium price, after I lost my first one at work. (Thanks for giving me the tip on where to find one, Elena86!)
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

The PPT in S90V. I know they are still available, but there are so many knives on my "want" list that it is unlikely that I will ever have funds available for buying another one.

I appreciate the points that Doeswhateveraspidercan made in his post. There does come a point when one has to get off the bandwagon and realize that one already has an over-abundance of tools performing the same tasks.
benben

Post by benben »

My Wegner Jr.
Knives I wished I'd have bought one of.....Massad Ayoob! :rolleyes:
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Pits. Such a unique slip-joint design, it actually feels like it has a lock. Chunky but slicy at the same time, super comfortable handle.

After two iterations, I figured it was unlikely to see a sprint in the next decade. I bought two. :)

I missed out completely on the K390 Urban after I had it in my cart a few times. That was dumb. :o
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I bought another Sprig once they were discontinued because I’m fairly hopeless and tend to loose and misplace stuff. It’s one knife I’d miss dearly if I something untoward were to happen to it. :)

I should have bought an extra Stretch ZDP-189 as well before they were discontinued and made much more betterer. :eek:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I broke down and bought yet another Dragonfly...a serrated Salt. I’ve got a disease.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I'll gladly take two of every Spyderco I ever bought.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I've had lots of duplicates of Sprints and always ended up selling one or both of them; except the blue BBS PM2, have a backup for it and don't plan on letting it go any time soon. So I really don't have to wish because that's already taken care of; though of the discontinued models I would say I wish I had a backup Slysz Bowie. I feel lucky just to have one.
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

YO2? Got two.

PM2? Got three.

Endura? Two. Three counting the Pacific Salt.

Delica? Two.

If wishes were fishes the sea would be full of 'em.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Delica Kahr.I gifted mine in a moment of weakness,and now the prices on secondary market are just to high for me.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Stretch 1 in VG10... as soon as I lost my only one, when it was already discontinued... ;)
Took me some time, effort and money to get a replacement.
And now I actually HAVE two of it. My only "back up-ed" knife...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 am

Well save your money and if it is really that great there is always the secondary market and no matter how much you may overpay for that one model you will not come close to the amount of money lost trying to forecast your future I wish I had two of these knives feelings.
Good point!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I feel the sting of the one I didn't buy much more intensely than that of the knives I should of bought two of.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I wish I had a backup of the BHQ Para 3 in M4. Its my go-to favorite. It was my first Spydie after a long hiatus... what a way to come back. I have the rex45 para 3, and Rex 45 seems like a better M4, so maybe I’m covered. Haven’t used it yet though...