Knives I wish I had bought two of

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
emanuel

Re: Knives I wish I had bought two of

Post by emanuel »

Spyderco Dodo, SE or PE, and I wish I didn't sell the only one I had :(
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Has the bhq dodo dropped yet?
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:32 am
Has the bhq dodo dropped yet?
Nope, still waiting! I bug them weekly, to no avail.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Im already getting to the point where some of my spydies dont get carried enough. And I still have a growing list of ones that I want to get later. I like the idea of having backups for some models, but Im going to have to be selective with it.

I like that spyderco does variations on many of their models. What I mean is if I have a black pac salt and yellow pac salt I dont really consider one a backup, but it can be if one gets lost.

There is some stuff I have that even though I really like the design, and know it will be discontinued and hard to get, im just not going to get a backup for. The spydiechef is one of these. Ill just have to be careful about how and when I carry it.

For the couple I have that I love and do want a backup for they are still in production. So my plan is to only snag a backup for these if and when they go out of production. This gives me time in the present to make other purchases.

The dilemma I have right now is whether to get a backup of one currently discoed model that is still available at a reduced price. That is a tough one. Part of it is just not knowing if spyderco would ever revisit the model and try to give it another shot, or if its something that they might permanently retire. Thats the issue. Obviously I would want a backup if I knew the model was gone for good. But if another generation of it came out later, I would get that and then have a backup that I dont need. Assuming the knife didnt change too much.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."