Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SAF-1
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby SAF-1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:30 pm

Any possibility in doing the New Native Chief in Cruwear??? As soon as the Chief came out I bought one
and love it. I’m a Fireman/Paramedic for a large and
Infamous dept. for 26yrs and since I bought the Chief
It’s been my go to especially for work and I think Cruwear
Would be a Perfect fit.
BTW, I have a Military in Cruwear and I live in SE Florida and have had ZERO issues with Corrosion. Great Stuff, thank you Spyderco.

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby Enactive » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:36 pm

Yes please.

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 am

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby Pancake » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:31 am

No thank you.
Chief need steel that is more towards pure edge retention such as 10V, S110V.
This is high efficiency slicer, I think it would benefit more from 10V then some tough steel.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390
On belt: Bow River, Waterway

Plans for future: Province?, Swick 5, Police 4 LW
Hoping for: Caribbean backlock

User avatar
Pelagic
Member
Posts: 2329
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: East Coast/Nomadic

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby Pelagic » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:38 am

Pancake wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:31 am
No thank you.
Chief need steel that is more towards pure edge retention such as 10V, S110V.
This is high efficiency slicer, I think it would benefit more from 10V then some tough steel.
While cruwear works for any model (that isn't a salt), I have to agree with this. At least give us a high performance chief first, I say.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby koenigsegg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:51 am

Then a lightweight version lol
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 3162
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby steelcity16 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:53 am

koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:51 am

Then a lightweight version lol

Yes, Chief LW in CRUWEAR :D
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby koenigsegg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:56 am

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:53 am
koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:51 am

Then a lightweight version lol

Yes, Chief LW in CRUWEAR :D
I'd want K390 but I also don't live in Florida lol
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390

Catamount123
Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:03 pm

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby Catamount123 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:23 am

Yes, I would definitely buy a Native Chief in Cruwear (or CTS-XHP, LC200N, BD1N). I suspect there will be a regular production S110V version forthcoming, but I don't have much interest, other than the scale color.
I don't get people who only carry one knife :confused: ;)

dogrunner
Member
Posts: 893
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby dogrunner » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:26 am

I'd buy one in Cruwear - I think a tough steel with good edge durability / cutting performance makes sense for a thinner blade. But I think max edge performance would be even better.

Notsurewhy
Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby Notsurewhy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:05 am

Maxamet is always the answer. It's science.

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 am

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby Pancake » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:25 am

Notsurewhy wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:05 am
Maxamet is always the answer. It's science.
4 inches of Maxamet? Oh yeah
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390
On belt: Bow River, Waterway

Plans for future: Province?, Swick 5, Police 4 LW
Hoping for: Caribbean backlock

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby koenigsegg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Still never saw the Military in Maxamet. I'll "settle" for K390 if it halfs the price. I'd love a S110V version but PLEASE MAKE OTHER THAN PURPLE. I refuse to pay money for that color and maybe my opinion doesn't matter to anyway but I have to say it. Anyone else wish there was a Spyderco custom shop where they would put in different steels and scales for you?
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390

Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2124
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Yes Sir, Sign me up for one in Cruwear.
:)

User avatar
Pelagic
Member
Posts: 2329
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: East Coast/Nomadic

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby Pelagic » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:04 pm

koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:18 pm
Still never saw the Military in Maxamet. I'll "settle" for K390 if it halfs the price. I'd love a S110V version but PLEASE MAKE OTHER THAN PURPLE. I refuse to pay money for that color and maybe my opinion doesn't matter to anyway but I have to say it. Anyone else wish there was a Spyderco custom shop where they would put in different steels and scales for you?
Yeah, honestly it's a shame they chose that color for such a good steel.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby The Meat man » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:02 pm

koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:18 pm
Still never saw the Military in Maxamet. I'll "settle" for K390 if it halfs the price. I'd love a S110V version but PLEASE MAKE OTHER THAN PURPLE. I refuse to pay money for that color and maybe my opinion doesn't matter to anyway but I have to say it. Anyone else wish there was a Spyderco custom shop where they would put in different steels and scales for you?
Looks more blue than purple to me. I like it.

A Spyderco custom shop would probably go down in history as mankind's crowning achievement of genius and ingenuity.
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby koenigsegg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:43 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:02 pm
koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:18 pm
Still never saw the Military in Maxamet. I'll "settle" for K390 if it halfs the price. I'd love a S110V version but PLEASE MAKE OTHER THAN PURPLE. I refuse to pay money for that color and maybe my opinion doesn't matter to anyway but I have to say it. Anyone else wish there was a Spyderco custom shop where they would put in different steels and scales for you?
Looks more blue than purple to me. I like it.

A Spyderco custom shop would probably go down in history as mankind's crowning achievement of genius and ingenuity.
They already make production black scales so just offer in black all I ask
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390

SAF-1
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby SAF-1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Cruwear has been amazing for me and for what I do?? I need the Toughness especially for such a Thinner blade and Pointier Tip. PLEASE Keep the Scales Black

User avatar
neuronic
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:33 am
Location: Center of Europe

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby neuronic » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:26 am

Cruwear sounds about right. Green canvas micarta scales even sound more right...

Oh, and ball bearing lock or the button version of the compression lock please, thank you very much ;)


...

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 20499
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby Evil D » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:00 am

All kneel before the almighty Oral B Military! The B stands for BLURPLE! *evil laughing*

Image
Image


And I kinda agree with S110V, this knife does seem more slicey oriented but that tip would certainly benefit from a tough steel. I think it'll be awesome if they do a Salt version to match the Native 5 Salt.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

SAF-1
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Re: Native Chief in CRUWEAR???

Postby SAF-1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:05 am

CRIWEAR Please !!!!!!


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BornIn1500, curlyhairedboy, dan31, Doc Dan, jacala, Jnaught, KnOeFz, koenigsegg, MSN [Bot], Mushroom, prndltech, Spydergirl88, toxophilus, Wartstein and 34 guests