Spyderco 2019 Reveal Volume 3 Per Knife Center

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
curlyhairedboy

Re: Spyderco 2019 Reveal Volume 3 Per Knife Center

Post by curlyhairedboy »

That's one reason why I like the Caribbean. Comp lock salt is very nice.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
vivi

Re: Spyderco 2019 Reveal Volume 3 Per Knife Center

Post by vivi »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:37 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:02 am
rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:14 am
I do have to admit the siren looks sweet. very functional and a good steel. why i wont get one is because of the lock and blade size.
if they make a siren 2 with a better lock (anything not backlock) and a 3" blade, i would own one and it would be absolutely incredible.

just one salt that is not a backlock or huge would be a great alternating to the overly saturated backlock only market in salts or the big Caribbean.
Have you ever had a Spyderco backlock knife? You won't be disappointed if you tried. I see you have a lot of compression locks, give one a try.
If you saw that then you would have also seen the delica 4 of which I had 2 and a manbug, plus my friends have tried.
No I hate backlocks with passion. They bite when closing because of the spring, the lock takes more force, there is always a degree of lock rock, then there are the extra motions of a backlock, open/close. You also can't just fiddle with it like an axis or compression. The fact it takes much more force to flick open if you even can. No none of that says safety or reliability.
Can you name a lock that is safer and more reliable at keeping a knife closed?

Not all backlocks have lock rock. They don't require extra motions. Press a lock release and they shut, pretty simple. https://streamable.com/2rzwf
:unicorn