Reveal 3 Released!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rbb2

Re: Reveal 3 Released!

Post by rbb2 »

There are some good looking knives in that reveal. Might want to double check the weight of the shaman sprint as listed in the app, though, as I'm seeing it at almost 3.5 tons!
rbb2

Post by rbb2 »

Actually, it looks like all the weights are messed up in the app.
olywa

Post by olywa »

Joy: Siren & new Stretch

Sadness: no Caly 3.5 LW
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:43 am
The counter puppies are hilarious! Definitely picking up some of those, my wife will love them as our dog has stubby little legs too hahaha.
I just showed my girl the counter puppies. She said they're a no go for her haha. I might just have to buy one for myself then

The new t-shirts and hoodie look great! I'll be in for some of those...maybe all.

About the only knife that has my attention is Lance's Siren. I think I'm in on that one!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

The Siren just made me forget about all other Spydies i was interested in.....was looking to get a dedicated fishing folder and I believe that one just took the cake. 😎😬
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:13 pm
I remember when the Para 3 in Rex45 was coming out they had it available to preorder, then after a while it was no longer an option. They must have had a heads up on how many they were getting in and once that number was hit, they pulled the preorder option.

I'm obviously not certain on this, but logically it makes sense haha.
From their web description: "Disclaimer: Although we have a large quantity on order with the manufacturer and through distribution, we are not provided with any details as to how many we will receive. We expect most, if not all, pre-orders to be filled, however, cannot guarantee until all the inventory has been allocated. Orders will be shipped based on pre-order date. Due to the very limited nature of this item and its high demand, we reserve the right to limit the quantity to one per customer."

So I guess it's not a guarantee, but rather a first-come-first-served situation. Although it sounds like they're optimistic they can fill most orders.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Wow i love the ivory stretch. I’m also very interested in the siren and t shirts.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:23 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:13 pm
I remember when the Para 3 in Rex45 was coming out they had it available to preorder, then after a while it was no longer an option. They must have had a heads up on how many they were getting in and once that number was hit, they pulled the preorder option.

I'm obviously not certain on this, but logically it makes sense haha.
From their web description: "Disclaimer: Although we have a large quantity on order with the manufacturer and through distribution, we are not provided with any details as to how many we will receive. We expect most, if not all, pre-orders to be filled, however, cannot guarantee until all the inventory has been allocated. Orders will be shipped based on pre-order date. Due to the very limited nature of this item and its high demand, we reserve the right to limit the quantity to one per customer."

So I guess it's not a guarantee, but rather a first-come-first-served situation. Although it sounds like they're optimistic they can fill most orders.
I've pre-ordered many times through KC and I've always received my order BUT the key is to get on the list early. I think the latest I got in was like 7 hours after they put the pre-order on their site. I think that was for the Caly 3 sprint run. I remember because another forum friend and I were sweating it for months before they dropped. When they finally dropped it was taking a long time for KC to ship my order. I ended up getting a little anxious and ordered one from another dealer. Then, sure enough a couple days later I received a notice from KC that my order was shipping. I could've cancelled but I let it ship. Love the knife but it turns out I don't carry it enough to justify having a backup. So I sold the second one a couple months ago.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm
I've pre-ordered many times through KC and I've always received my order BUT the key is to get on the list early. I think the latest I got in was like 7 hours after they put the pre-order on their site. I think that was for the Caly 3 sprint run. I remember because another forum friend and I were sweating it for months before they dropped. When they finally dropped it was taking a long time for KC to ship my order. I ended up getting a little anxious and ordered one from another dealer. Then, sure enough a couple days later I received a notice from KC that my order was shipping. I could've cancelled but I let it ship. Love the knife but it turns out I don't carry it enough to justify having a backup. So I sold the second one a couple months ago.
[/quote]

Fingers crossed then. I put mine in about an hour after their email went out.
- Julia

TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

koenigsegg wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:05 pm
I didn't get a Spyderco App notification?
There were some unexpected glitches with the app during this release. We wanted to resolve those prior to sending a notification. We sent one out late yesterday. Hopefully, you received it.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Definitely buying a few shirts and a hoodie
rwasham

Post by rwasham »

Super excited for the lw Tenacious
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

TazKristi wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:48 am
koenigsegg wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:05 pm
I didn't get a Spyderco App notification?
There were some unexpected glitches with the app during this release. We wanted to resolve those prior to sending a notification. We sent one out late yesterday. Hopefully, you received it.

Kristi
I did get one after I posted this. Thanks Taz. Just felt like I was late to the party because I wasn't checking the forums. My bad I guess haha Maybe if there was a notification level in the forum that emails me about all threads that are created by Spyderco crew and stickied? Or maybe there is a way and idk about it? Either way def got some winners in this reveal. The counter puppy is really gonna save me a lot of sharpening because the knives never make it back in the holder. DLC lwt PM3 also looks amazing.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Again: Exciting reveal!!
Only thing I was hoping for that is NOT in it: Sun-and-moon Chaparral... :o
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I will probably sell my para 3 lightweight and put that money towards the DLC para 3 lightweight. Which is exactly what I did with the satin native and the dlc lil native. I love DLC!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Knifejoy is taking pre-orders...Shaman appears to be "sold out", though.
- Julia

GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

How comfortably will the counter puppies cut on a board? Will the legs bang into the cutting board before the heel does?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

GarageBoy wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm
How comfortably will the counter puppies cut on a board? Will the legs bang into the cutting board before the heel does?
It looks like they will.

Also, even though the specs are right there in the Reveal catalog, I'm still surprised by the size of the Counter Puppies and the Siren. Counter Puppies being much smaller than I thought and the Siren being larger than I thought.

Image from GPKnives Instagram page.
-Nick :bug-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:51 pm
GarageBoy wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm
It looks like they will.

Also, even though the specs are right there in the Reveal catalog, I'm still surprised by the size of the Counter Puppies and the Siren. Counter Puppies being much smaller than I thought and the Siren being larger than I thought.

Image from GPKnives Instagram page.
Yeah, that's my hesitation on both...will they be outside my useful/preferred size range? Not sure yet.
- Julia

Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Well, no Military with a Stop lock, that is sad :(
I never had a sprint run and the Shaman and also the Stretch looks very nice......but I really should not buy another knife this year....
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45