Reveal 3 Released!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Reveal 3 Released!

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:27 pm
Still exciting even though we got a sneak peak on the app! The Siren and that Crucarta shaman are very tempting...and I did gift away my para 3 lw, so..
Telling myself I don't need that Shaman, since I've got the Manix and have those same scales you got for yours sitting in my mailbox right now! But I do love some Cruwear...debating on going for this one or trying for that St Nicks release on Thursday.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Some real innovation with those Puppies, I think. A folding Waterway - excellent idea! - the Straight Stretch looks fantastic, and the micarta Shaman even better!

“Hoody” is a term here for a young hooligan, so a Knife motifed actual hoody might actually be quite amusing.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:36 am
Hey, everyone:
We're happy to announce the official release of the Reveal 3! You can view it here, https://catalog.spyderco.com/RevealThree/#/. Remember that you'll find pricing included (at the link provided) - just look under the Menu for Files.

You can also visit, https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/ to request a hardcopy. If you have received a catalog through our mailings previously in 2019 you will AUTOMATICALLY receive a copy of Reveal 3.

Enjoy!

Kristi

2019-RevealThree-Cover.png
I didn't get a Spyderco App notification?
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I didn't either. They are probably working on that
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
PStone

Post by PStone »

LW Tenacious is a must have for me. And the hoodie looks way better than I imagined. But the Siren, WOW! It’s calling my name!
elena86

Post by elena86 »

That hoodie is mine ! The new Stretch is so cool with those tan scales and I'm glad is in VG10 ... good allaround steel in my book. I'll get one for sure and I feel like it's going to be my next do-it-all edc.Exciting times :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Good stuff in this new Reveal.

The Siren looks very interesting, and it's good to see another Surfingringo design hitting production. If I hadn't just bought an Autonomy 2 I think it would be a quick buy for me. I might still get one when they drop, just to have a good Salt knife that isn't an auto. I like that it doesn't have a spydie hump; it has the same continuous curve that the Waterway does. Aesthetically, I wish the edge went further back toward the handle, but that's not a big deal, I think. The blue spacers are cool and the overall design seems in keeping with Lance's utilitarian philosophy of knife design. Congratulations Gringo!

Cruwear/Micarta Shaman will be tempting for sure! Never owned that design yet, and with that unique combination of the ever-popular CPM Cruwear and rarely-seen Micarta, this one will probably be one of the fastest selling Sprints ever. Looks really nice too. I can't decide now though if I will definitely be getting one. I'm kinda glad we have a few months before it drops. ;)

Counter Puppies look interesting. I have yet to try out a Z-Cut though, so I doubt I'll be buying any. Creative design though.

The straight-backed Stretch looks great.

Great job Spyderco!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
vivi

Post by vivi »

Really excited for the Siren!
:unicorn
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

And here I've been trying to pare down my knife collection LOL. Definitely getting the Siren--I love the ergos on the Waterway (it's my kitchen utility knife!) and I can see the Siren becoming my go-to "medium/large utility/work folder" (the only >3" folder I currently have is the Polestar).

Really liking the look of the Sprint Ivory FRN Stretch 2... it looks like a mid-backlock version of the Para 2 & I've always liked VG-10. Hope they can keep the price reasonable with the usual "Seki City Surcharge", though.
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:39 pm
Siren looks cool; in it's simplicity of shape it kinda reminds me of the Goddard (if not exactly).
It's very close. I thought it was a Wayne Goddard salt at first.
Attachments
siren.jpg
Last edited by BornIn1500 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:56 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Siren looks cool; in it's simplicity of shape it kinda reminds me of the Goddard (if not exactly).
It's very close.
Yeah exactly, I mean there are some differences of course, but it's got similar clean lines.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Good stuff! Great shirts and hoodie. Counter Puppies are creative and made me smile.

Boy that Siren has some class with the blue liners. Pretty light for all that handle length too.

The Straight Stretch is a looker but will not tempt me with VG10 (thankfully).

Sooooo glad to see some micarta!!! That Shaman will be a raging success.

Great job team Spyderco!
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
rivy

Post by rivy »

The Shaman!! Would LOVE to see this combo on just about any/every other Spdyerco knife. Love Cru, Love Micarta!

The stretch looks cool, but is there any point to it having a straight spine? Just looks?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:38 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Still exciting even though we got a sneak peak on the app! The Siren and that Crucarta shaman are very tempting...and I did gift away my para 3 lw, so..
Telling myself I don't need that Shaman, since I've got the Manix and have those same scales you got for yours sitting in my mailbox right now! But I do love some Cruwear...debating on going for this one or trying for that St Nicks release on Thursday.
I had the same debate with myself today, but I had $50 in knife center points saved up, so I went ahead and pre-ordered the crucarta sprint from them. Just couldn't resist that micarta in the end, and hey, this one is brown not green, so that's different enough, right?? ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

rivy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:55 pm
The Shaman!! Would LOVE to see this combo on just about any/every other Spdyerco knife. Love Cru, Love Micarta!
Yes. Yes. Yes.
- Julia

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I was looking forward to the cruwear shaman, but I think the star of this reveal is that stretch! Looks like a giant manbug / one eyed jack! I like that blade *very* much.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm
rivy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:55 pm
Yes. Yes. Yes.
Word!

BornIn1500 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:56 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
It's very close. I thought it was a Wayne Goddard salt at first.

Love those clean simple lines on the WG.
Monty

Post by Monty »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:41 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
I had the same debate with myself today, but I had $50 in knife center points saved up, so I went ahead and pre-ordered the crucarta sprint from them. Just couldn't resist that micarta in the end, and hey, this one is brown not green, so that's different enough, right?? ;)
I've never pre-ordered a Sprint from them before, is it a sure thing you'll get one this way?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Monty wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:21 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:41 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
I've never pre-ordered a Sprint from them before, is it a sure thing you'll get one this way?
I haven't pre-ordered a sprint from them either, but it'd be pretty unethical to accept orders that you can't fulfill. I imagine they've ordered a set amount from spyderco, and will hopefully only allow pre-orders for that many.
- Julia

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I remember when the Para 3 in Rex45 was coming out they had it available to preorder, then after a while it was no longer an option. They must have had a heads up on how many they were getting in and once that number was hit, they pulled the preorder option.

I'm obviously not certain on this, but logically it makes sense haha.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick